Author Topic: My fat summer bulk pics.  (Read 31168 times)

Online induced_drag

• Global Moderator
  • Height: 69
  • Weight: 195
Re: My fat summer bulk pics.
« Reply #225 on: November 26, 2012, 07:08:48 PM »
Well black friday and cyber mon passed and I capitalized on some good deals.   I am fairly stocked for a while now.

Could not do weigh-in this morning as I did a huge refeed last night.  About 300g of carbs and 2000 total cals. (one big mexican meal with sodas (plural) included and icecream dessert ;) )   Weighed in at 194 this AM.  (up 5 lbs from last week) Obviously water/glycogen induced.   Will have to wait to mid week to burn off glycogen and drop water to see where I am at.

I am revisiting my routine and while I have been doing some experiments with GVT, I really think I am wasting my efforts while in a deficit state.   Lets face it, I am NOT going to make gains in a deficit.   I will be lucky to hold on to what I have.   So throwing all this time and energy into volume work is just a waste.   Not to mention, I just dont have the endurance for it.

This got me thinking and reading.  You all know I like Kelly Baggett and based my workout around my favorite article of his.

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/trainingphilosophy.html

Well I was on another forum and there was an article of his posted about cutting.  I read it and remembered that I had read it before.

It talks about getting ripped.   Basically you do minimal volume 4 weeks of 4 sets of 7 and 4 weeks of 5x5 with only one exercise per body part.  (Just trying to provide stimulus to keep muscle)

And you add in several LISS and one HITT workout a week.

Workouts are short and far from grueling.   I think I need this as my energy levels suck!

So I think I am going to try this.   I will have to plan out my workout as he has it as a 4 day split (weights) but I need to make it into a 3 day which I dont see as an issue.   Then there will be 2 extra cardio sessions.

Going to plan it out tomorrow....but I am on the downhill slope to getting where I want and I think bringing in the cardio will help get rid of the stubborn fat.   I will detail out the plan when I work it out.  (probably plan it tomorrow).

Here is the article for reference.

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/gettingcut.html

Online induced_drag

• Global Moderator
« Reply #226 on: November 27, 2012, 09:14:15 AM »
Workout planned.   Insanely low volume.  Not quite as bad as "Heavy Duty" that I did back in the day in my 20's, but very very low.

It says 5x5 on all the main exercises which is were I will start.   I will switch to a 4x7 after 2 weeks....if I am still cutting.   I will flip-flop back and fourth.

Wondering what you think of this idea, of just doing enough to hold onto currently gained muscle?   I do firmly believe that I will not be making progress in a cut stage at this stage of my development, so all the extra stimulus is really wasted.  Since my goal is really fat loss at this point, adding in all the extra LISS sessions (3 extra / week) should help with stubborn fat.

Any feedback appreciated.

Here is my program:
Moving leg day to monday so I can recover for a back workout (including deads) on friday.
Actually put abs into a workout. (something I dont train)..but the workouts are so short, I figured I could do something :D

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
« Reply #227 on: November 27, 2012, 09:51:45 AM »
The only time LISS has worked for me is when I'm fasted, and every time I say that 10 people jump on me with articles on how fasted cardio will make me look like Mini - BJE
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Offline TMonkey

• bje me.
    • Monkey Boards
« Reply #228 on: November 27, 2012, 10:32:14 AM »
The only time LISS has worked for me is when I'm fasted, and every time I say that 10 people jump on me with articles on how fasted cardio will make me look like Mini - BJE

my doctor is a huge fan of fasted cardio

i think he might know what he is taking about
you want a I-S shirt.  They have sales all the time, get one then.
http://www.zazzle.com/222university*

Online induced_drag

• Global Moderator
« Reply #229 on: December 02, 2012, 10:35:12 AM »
Lyle McDonald is a fan as well...but only for stubborn fat (when you get down below 10%)   Other wise it is too catabolic to do all the time.

Been doing some reading and Lyle McDonald and Layne Norton both recommend a refeed weekly when dieting and once you have gone below the 10% threshold.

I am guessing I am below that.   But I have not been incorporating refeeds since my carb cycling seems to accomplish the same goals.  (keeping certain hormone levels up...etc)

Well, I have been feeling more and more weak (just general feeling) lately.   I decided to try a refeed....but I'll just say this first one was a little.....shall we say...excessive ;)  (actually I said "screw it" and wanted a little blow off )

It is my daughters birthday this weekend, so we had some friends and their kids over.  All the guys went on a food run.   I have not eaten a sub sandwich in AGES....so I started off with a foot long rare roast beef (double meat).   That is the first thing in the shopping basket....and it went down from there.

Here is a list of what I ate...at least as best I can remember....as some liquid refreshments were involved ;)

foot long roast beef double meat
Some ribs
baked chicken breast
3 drumsticks (icecream cones dipped in choclate with nuts on top)
4 bakery large choclate chips...the kind that are 120 cals a piece!
bag of skittles
2 bags peanut m&m  (NOT the fun size!)
2 snack size nestle crunch
a bunch of frozen bananas dipped in chocolate.   I pulled out my frozen banana chunks and melted some choclate.
Hand full pretzel sticks dipped in chocolate
marshmallows dipped
2 oreos dipped in chocolate
Chips and queso
And the list goes on.......

Not even going to bother to add up those cals!....   Stepped on the scale before bed.  198 :D

It is interesting to have a distended stomach from overeating yet still see your abs.

Anyway.....feel great this AM...and back on track now.   I know obviously that that is NOT what a refeed is supposed to be.   It SHOULD be high carb low fat and just up to or slightly above maintenance.   Mine was more gluttony....but every once in a while it is nice not to eat like a bird.

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2012, 06:40:47 PM »
Sounds tasty, I love subs. Roast beef has plenty of protien as well.
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Online induced_drag

• Global Moderator
« Reply #231 on: December 07, 2012, 05:03:20 PM »
I have been laying a little low lately ;).

Cut still going.  Down another .5lbs.  188.5 now.

Here is a pic from tonight.....I am getting fairly lean now.   I am actually liking my bird calves a little more as I lean out. :)
Midsection is starting to come in FINALLY!   Still sporting the tank though.   Not quite ready to ditch it yet!..