Author Topic: 2013 WORST body part accountability thread....come on in  (Read 3823 times)

Online FLEX

• Administrator
  • Elite Poster
  • B. M. O. C.
  • Height: 5' 10.5"
  • Weight: 270+
Re: 2013 WORST body part accountability thread....come on in
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 06:48:41 PM »
Still working.

Fat as fuck so no progress pics.  Maybe by November/December...
Powerlifting Meet Bests:

2018.04.28:  620 Squat, 345 Bench, 615 Dead   |  1580 Total
2017.04.29:  610 Squat, 325 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1535 Total
2016.04.22:  600 Squat, 330 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1530 Total
2015.08.09:  600 Squat, 320 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1520 Total

Offline Fata55

• Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 253 lbs
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 10:41:23 PM »
Aside from my pudgy mid-section, worst body parts have always been biceps/delts..  :'(

Offline doughnutgut

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 05:55:43 AM »
It is easier at this time to list the bodyparts i AM happy with..

1. ----

That is changing though.

Offline Nuh

• Just Doin' Me
  • Weight: 127
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 12:26:30 PM »
ID I can definitely see a difference in them. I have skinny calves and work the piss out of mine and they are growing. I guess my places I am working on more this year is my quads and my hiney! I am working up from total pancakes! Always tried to be skinny and not healthy so I was a twig. Just got really serious about lifting and no cardio or anything and seeing improvements all around. I hated working legs but now it is like any other workout. I love it!

I will try to take some pics to post of my quads that are decent. I really need to anyways to gauge progress. I started around Mid-May!

Tried to take some pics last night of legs. Definition not showing through on camera so attempting again this afternoon with a different camera and various angles. Updated avi with a leg shot.

I took pics of my calves and me looking at them they look thick and muscular. Side shot last night made me laugh because they looked super skinny but they have some definition. FML!
Dana

HBE=Hen Baby Embryos

"Gonna be stupid...gotta be tuff" - Knothead

Offline Perry3

• Height: 6'4"
  • Weight: 244
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2013, 11:16:07 PM »
It's too easy to say "stomach" since I have a long way to go there, so I'll say legs. They're skinny and I don't like it.
Not worthy, but working on getting there.

Online induced_drag

• Global Moderator
  • Height: 69
  • Weight: 195
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2013, 08:44:20 PM »
Good bump.

My portion of accountability.

Quick leg shot

Offline Lola

• Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 160
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 10:19:38 AM »
^^^^ Jealous of your lean calves!!!
Min aren't small, but I carry fat on them :( It's one of my most hated body parts.
I'm looking forward to seeing them lean out.

Online FLEX

• Administrator
  • Elite Poster
  • B. M. O. C.
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 10:30:09 AM »
JT; try training your calves with no shoes.

I was maxxing out the standing calf machine at our gym for 12 reps.

Started doing them with my shoes off and got busted down to 8 reps and my calves are screaming after every set.

Also try doing at least 6 sets; 2 sets toes out, 2 sets toes in, 2 sets neutral.

/advice
Powerlifting Meet Bests:

Online induced_drag

• Global Moderator
  • Height: 69
  • Weight: 195
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 12:07:42 PM »
Min aren't small, but I carry fat on them :( It's one of my most hated body parts.

Not sure if I am lucky or cursed, but legs always lean out first for me.  Even in an untrained state when I first started back, I looked at my logs and my thigh skinfold was only 12mm.   (not super lean...but very lean considering a 36+" waist).    As I have gotten leaner, my thigh skinfold is down below 5mm and skin is pretty much paper on lower legs.   I can see the difference in hydration on daily basis.

They say that legs are the toughest area to get lean behind the abs for men.   So even though I have the legs licked, my abs still suck.    I think they are going to take time to even out because I let myself go for so long.   It is happening, but VERY slowly.

As a women, you have entirely different challenges.  Your hormones really dictate a lot of fat placement especially in love handles, hips and thighs.   You dont often see women with ripped legs even with upper bodies in very lean states.   Good news, is men like women with a little curve.  (at least I do ;) ).

Not sure how long you have been hitting it, but I have found that composition proportions do change over time for the better.   (over a series of bulks and cuts).

Started doing them with my shoes off and got busted down to 8 reps and my calves are screaming after every set.

Also try doing at least 6 sets; 2 sets toes out, 2 sets toes in, 2 sets neutral.

I'll have to try that.   At home, no big deal, but at my gym....I dont think I would go barefoot.   One option would be my vibrahm 5 fingers shoes.   As close to barefoot as you can get.

I have not paid a lot of attention to the toes in /out.   Maybe it is about time I did and went with 6 sets.   I have been focusing on lower reps (8-10 for calves) with some success.
/advice

Offline Lola

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2013, 02:43:23 PM »

Not sure if I am lucky or cursed, but legs always lean out first for me.  Even in an untrained state when I first started back, I looked at my logs and my thigh skinfold was only 12mm.   (not super lean...but very lean considering a 36+" waist).    As I have gotten leaner, my thigh skinfold is down below 5mm and skin is pretty much paper on lower legs.   I can see the difference in hydration on daily basis.

They say that legs are the toughest area to get lean behind the abs for men.   So even though I have the legs licked, my abs still suck.    I think they are going to take time to even out because I let myself go for so long.   It is happening, but VERY slowly.

As a women, you have entirely different challenges.  Your hormones really dictate a lot of fat placement especially in love handles, hips and thighs.   You dont often see women with ripped legs even with upper bodies in very lean states.   Good news, is men like women with a little curve.  (at least I do ;) ).

Not sure how long you have been hitting it, but I have found that composition proportions do change over time for the better.   (over a series of bulks and cuts).

Yes, I know it's the estrogen deposits. Funny thing is, I have those lean abs &  ab veins, lol.

It is improving, but it's a slow struggle for sure. I like my legs for the most part, I just hate my calves, lol.

Offline Nuh

• Just Doin' Me
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2013, 03:21:21 PM »
Yes, I know it's the estrogen deposits. Funny thing is, I have those lean abs &  ab veins, lol.

It is improving, but it's a slow struggle for sure. I like my legs for the most part, I just hate my calves, lol.

I took some leg shots the other day and looking at my calves in the mirrors at the gym they look pretty good. Once I looked at the pictures they still looked like chicken legs to me. :( My legs are super long and always been skinny so getting muscle on them has been my main focus for a while. My quads and hammies are looking much better but these damn calves just wont grow and I work the piss out of them. Think I will forego boob implants and get calf implants  :D
Dana

HBE=Hen Baby Embryos

Offline Lola

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2013, 03:23:53 PM »

I took some leg shots the other day and looking at my calves in the mirrors at the gym they look pretty good. Once I looked at the pictures they still looked like chicken legs to me. :( My legs are super long and always been skinny so getting muscle on them has been my main focus for a while. My quads and hammies are looking much better but these damn calves just wont grow and I work the piss out of them. Think I will forego boob implants and get calf implants  :D

I'll take the boob implants.
I just tried on my tall winter heels & the damn things won't zip up anymore.

Offline Nuh

• Just Doin' Me
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2013, 03:30:40 PM »

I'll take the boob implants.
I just tried on my tall winter heels & the damn things won't zip up anymore.

LOL! I guess that will be a good way for me to judge sme growth is to throw on my tall boots!
Dana

HBE=Hen Baby Embryos

Offline Get-n-fit

• HEAVY WEIGHT IS A BITCH, MAKE IT YOURS!!
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2013, 11:07:07 AM »

/advice

Too funny Flex, that's exactly how I train calves, except I use a donkey calf raise machine.  My buddy at the gym recommended the toe adjustments a while back and I can really feel it hitting both heads my calves
IG: Tourostrengthtraining
Lift light, until you can lift right
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Online FLEX

• Administrator
  • Elite Poster
  • B. M. O. C.
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2013, 12:41:53 PM »
I can say without a doubt it worked for me.

I used to have skinny calves too.  Then I started hitting them heavy twice a week and doing the different toe positions and they filled right out.
Powerlifting Meet Bests: