Author Topic: 5/3/1  (Read 10932 times)

Offline TMonkey

• Global Moderator
  • bje me.
    • Monkey Boards
Re: 5/3/1
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2013, 07:05:25 PM »
I'm gonna be using that when I've relieved this "zen training" phase I'm going through. It's way easier than plugging numbers into my excel spreadsheet.

Thanks T-man.

I actually made a excel sheet from the ebook that does it all for me and that is what i use when i run this

i set it up to round to the nearest 2.5 lbs since i have 1.25 plates etc  it also has a max from reps calculator built in - yeah i geek out some times
you want a I-S shirt.  They have sales all the time, get one then.
http://www.zazzle.com/222university*

Offline Marius

• User Title
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 193 Pounds
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2013, 09:00:09 AM »
You have 1.25 plates??? Where did you find those? That's some serious microloading. I love that idea.

The hard copy has the formulas in the back of the book, so the calcs are figured out for you, but you still have to do all the set up manually.
TMonkey is one Bad Ass Mother Fucker.

Offline TMonkey

• Global Moderator
  • bje me.
    • Monkey Boards
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2013, 10:45:35 AM »
$7.50 a pair - my friend picked them up for em in columbus and comes to cleveland once a week so no shipping for me on  them :D

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-olympic-plates.php

I got these (ivanko) from them but they don't sell them anymore. they were the same price or less when i got them (picked up two sets lol)

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
  • OVER HERE GETTING FAT!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2014, 12:55:06 PM »
Ok 5/3/1 newb here, I admittedly know nothing about it. I get the concept, even though the calculator on the site you posted creates a program that seems to prescribe too low of weights.

So my question is this. Do I run 5/3/1 for a 4 week cycle, week 4 appearing to be a deload week, and then reevaluate and plug my numbers in again? Seems to me what I would need to do to make progression.

Thanks
Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline djflex

• Hey, you gonna finish that sandwich ?
  • Height: 5 6
  • Weight: Pleasantly plump
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2014, 01:02:33 PM »
Ok 5/3/1 newb here, I admittedly know nothing about it. I get the concept, even though the calculator on the site you posted creates a program that seems to prescribe too low of weights.

So my question is this. Do I run 5/3/1 for a 4 week cycle, week 4 appearing to be a deload week, and then reevaluate and plug my numbers in again? Seems to me what I would need to do to make progression.

Thanks

Jmo, but deload less. Reset numbers after 3 weeks than run again. Deload after 2nd cycle.
Carrots may be good for your eyes,
But booze will double your vision

Offline TMonkey

• Global Moderator
  • bje me.
    • Monkey Boards
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2014, 01:09:47 PM »

Thanks

numbers may seem light but they are not

remember the last set is max reps

you increase the weights each wave - did you read the program at all?   it is online - read it as you start and it will all come together for you

Offline doughnutgut

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2014, 01:16:15 PM »
Deload looms after my first cycle of 3 weeks this week.

Am taking the deloads. but question here.

Where do i get my next cycle figures from?

Offline doughnutgut

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2014, 01:22:08 PM »
Deload looms after my first cycle of 3 weeks this week.

Am taking the deloads. but question here.

Where do i get my next cycle figures from?

Offline TMonkey

• Global Moderator
  • bje me.
    • Monkey Boards
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2014, 01:45:13 PM »
guys read the program it is everywhere for free

After the first cycle add five pounds to your 1RM  for the two upper-body lifts and 10 pounds for the squat and deadlift.

Offline TMonkey

• Global Moderator
  • bje me.
    • Monkey Boards
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2014, 01:55:46 PM »
if you want me to set your numbers i will do it but not in this thread - i would need your current numbers for the plan or your 1 rep max actual or calculated

i like the table my excel sheet produces you may or may not

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
  • OVER HERE GETTING FAT!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2014, 02:03:04 PM »

Thanks

you increase the weights each wave - did you read the program at all?   it is online - read it as you start and it will all come together for you

Ok, I will look for it online and read it. Thanks, didn't realize it was available for free as I've never looked into it before. Sending PM.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 02:05:42 PM by sakustoms »
Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline doughnutgut

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2014, 02:20:22 PM »
I have read beyond and the wendler 5/3/1 but was just shooting you in here cos i have not read back through to see what i punch into black iron beast.

No probs though tmonkey. I will live :D

Offline TMonkey

• Global Moderator
  • bje me.
    • Monkey Boards
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2014, 03:55:20 PM »
I have read beyond and the wendler 5/3/1 but was just shooting you in here cos i have not read back through to see what i punch into black iron beast.

No probs though tmonkey. I will live :D

5 and 10 = but like i said i will make the charts for you if you want

i just really hope you guys read it as there is a lot in there i would never be able to get across

i guess the most important thing really comes down to lift doe

Offline doughnutgut

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2014, 04:03:49 PM »
I have both ebooks. anyone wanting them can pm me the email addy and i will send them

5/3/1
and beyond 5/3/1

Offline TMonkey

• Global Moderator
  • bje me.
    • Monkey Boards
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2014, 04:14:10 PM »

Thanks

Ok, I will look for it online and read it. Thanks, didn't realize it was available for free as I've never looked into it before. Sending PM.

check these out - i did not use your calculated max i used the one on my sheet which was a bit different - yours were higher but you are better off starting lower for your first wave and get the extra reps in anyway

« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:30:45 PM by TMonkey »