Author Topic: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting  (Read 108332 times)

Offline Stile

• Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 170
Re: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting
« Reply #1455 on: December 04, 2019, 11:44:54 AM »
15 inches cold here. Been there for a long time. Don't see it going up anytime soon...

Offline Merkley

• Professional shag rug smuggler
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: In the 2's
« Reply #1456 on: December 06, 2019, 07:36:57 AM »
15 inches cold here. Been there for a long time. Don't see it going up anytime soon...

There is always steroids or oil injections :P
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1457 on: December 06, 2019, 09:40:01 AM »
WEEK 5

GB CHEST:

It was a really solid workout. It was one of those I felt like I was 20 so I took advantage of it.

I started to take Curcumin (2000 mg/daily) a few days ago and my elbow pain has gone down considerably. The anti inflammatory effects of curcumin are legit. There is a good chance I'm going to be using this long term alongside ashwagandha KSM-66 w/ 5% withanolides (900 mg/daily) and St.John's Wort (900 mg/daily).

Anywho, today I'm gonna need an extra serving of potatoes...it's leg day.

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1458 on: December 09, 2019, 08:28:57 AM »
WEEK 5

GB LEGS/BICEPS:

My legs feel like they went through a meat grinder. These past 2 leg workouts have had me feeling like I haven't worked legs in 6 months or more. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing.

Since I took an additional day off from the gym (business/family time) I've broken up my arm day to keep things somewhat on track. So tonight when I do chest/back I'll do triceps.
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1459 on: December 10, 2019, 09:40:30 AM »
WEEK 5

GB CHEST/BACK/TRICEPS/CALVES:

By the time I was done my chest, back, triceps, and calves all felt like over inflated balloons! I managed to get all this done in an hour and a half, which in my opinion isn't too bad.

Weighed in at the gym and I was 221. Motherfucker.....and then this morning I was 215  :P I prefer my morning weigh in's let me tell you, such a mind fuck. But regardless of the fact I REALLY do need to get onto another cut. My cut break was mildly successful. From 230 to 201 back to 215....so mildly successful. This time I'll go for a 20 lbs cut and see if I can get myself to 195.

I need to take this cut thing serious, my will power is shit.

#thickboi4life

EDIT - It was pizza day today....things didn't go well.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 01:32:48 PM by Merkley »
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1460 on: December 12, 2019, 07:54:24 AM »
WEEK 6

GB BACK:

Things are ramping up. Not to divulge too much information but doing 10 sets of deadlifts, whew! This was AFTER everything else I had done. This morning my back doesn't feel too bad...this will change I'm sure.

Tonight is chest and I have a feeling it's gonna be epic.
– Arnold Schwarzenegger