Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 203
Re: Food!
« Reply #375 on: September 08, 2015, 08:45:22 PM »
I've used black beans before, not bad, was just in a white bean mood.

(no racist)
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Online FLEX

• Administrator
  • Elite Poster
  • B. M. O. C.
  • Height: 5' 10.5"
  • Weight: 270+
« Reply #376 on: September 08, 2015, 08:53:45 PM »
When we make chili we use a mix of red kidney beans, romano beans, black beans and garbonzo beans (a.k.a. chick peas).

Never use plain old brown beans ever.
Powerlifting Meet Bests:

2018.04.28:  620 Squat, 345 Bench, 615 Dead   |  1580 Total
2017.04.29:  610 Squat, 325 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1535 Total
2016.04.22:  600 Squat, 330 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1530 Total
2015.08.09:  600 Squat, 320 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1520 Total

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
« Reply #377 on: September 08, 2015, 09:18:09 PM »
Kidney beans taste like chalk to me, never enjoyed them in chili. Chili is the greatest thing, all kinds of fiber, veggies, protein then all the whey and casein protein when you chase it with a giant glass of milk.

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Offline tobymax

• Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 169
« Reply #378 on: September 11, 2015, 11:39:39 AM »
Kidney beans taste like chalk to me, never enjoyed them in chili. Chili is the greatest thing, all kinds of fiber, veggies, protein then all the whey and casein protein when you chase it with a giant glass of milk.
:clap:

Absolutely 100% agree.  One of my favorite foods.  I made a pot of chili on Monday and have been eating it for lunch all week.  This time I made it with 1.5 lbs ground turkey, 1.5 lbs ground beef, a large onion, a green bell pepper, a pasilla pepper, 2 cans of diced green chiles, 2 stalks celery, 2 carrots, 2 cans of rinsed & drained black beans, and a home-made mix of seasonings.  LOVE IT with a big glass of milk.
PRs:
OHP 140 - 8/27/15
BP 245 - 4/7/17
DL 345 - 8/26/15
Squat - ugh
Leg Press 670x2 - 12/10/15

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
« Reply #379 on: November 07, 2015, 04:06:50 PM »
Last night I had a hankering for an old meal from my childhood, hamburger gravy on dirty, cheesy, garlic mashed potatoes and a side of corn. No one else would eat it, so there was a chitload leftover. I put some potatoes in the bottom of the lunch dishes, followed by corn and hamburger gravy. Boom, instant Shepard's pie, got 5 lunches in the freezer for the week.  8)

DIEL?

Offline piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 189
« Reply #380 on: November 07, 2015, 04:29:22 PM »
Last night I had a hankering for an old meal from my childhood, hamburger gravy on dirty, cheesy, garlic mashed potatoes and a side of corn. No one else would eat it, so there was a chitload leftover. I put some potatoes in the bottom of the lunch dishes, followed by corn and hamburger gravy. Boom, instant Shepard's pie, got 5 lunches in the freezer for the week.  8)

Nice! Love me a good shepards pie  :)
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Online induced_drag

• Global Moderator
  • Height: 69
  • Weight: 195
« Reply #381 on: January 30, 2016, 02:38:54 PM »
Training for me involves many things that have nothing to do with the gym.  One of the biggest is keeping up with the supply of good food available.  I take weekends to cook ahead.   One of my favorites is breaded chicken breast.   I slice in half and then beat thin.  Egg wash and italian bread crumbs, with Parmesan cheese along with garlic salt.   Pan fried to light brown with a SMALL amount of coconut oil (and supplementing with canola spray to get in nooks and crannies.   Finished off in a 300deg oven to fully cooked.

This tastes sooooo good.   Also can easily freeze (I weigh out portions in ziplocks and freeze).   I take them out the day before and they are delisous even cold, but if you have a stove available, you can crisp in a pan easily in about 5-6 min.  Just put in a pan and flip half way.  (no oil needed).

YUMMY!

Offline piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
« Reply #382 on: January 30, 2016, 11:38:59 PM »
Training for me involves many things that have nothing to do with the gym.  One of the biggest is keeping up with the supply of good food available.  I take weekends to cook ahead.   One of my favorites is breaded chicken breast.   I slice in half and then beat thin.  Egg wash and italian bread crumbs, with Parmesan cheese along with garlic salt.   Pan fried to light brown with a SMALL amount of coconut oil (and supplementing with canola spray to get in nooks and crannies.   Finished off in a 300deg oven to fully cooked.

This tastes sooooo good.   Also can easily freeze (I weigh out portions in ziplocks and freeze).   I take them out the day before and they are delisous even cold, but if you have a stove available, you can crisp in a pan easily in about 5-6 min.  Just put in a pan and flip half way.  (no oil needed).

YUMMY!

Actually did this earlier today! Minus the parmesan cheese.
Remembered you mentioning this recipe a while back and since we had 5lbs of chicken breast.
Of course with 3 boys and 2 of their friends over today there's only about 6 strips left.
Good thing I cooked a ham too  ;)
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Online induced_drag

• Global Moderator
« Reply #383 on: January 31, 2016, 11:48:02 AM »
The Parmesan really kicks up the taste.   I am not a big parm guy in general, but it almost acts like salt in when using it this way.  Flavor is over the top good.  Also helps in nice browning.

I am cooking a 18lb turkey today.   Like Thanksgiving in Jan.   Family dinner tonight and then weigh portion and freeze leftovers.   LOTS of good lunches. ;).   Started putting regular ziplock baggies INSIDE a large Vacuseal bag.  I pull a vacuum on the whole thing which squeezes all the air out of the ziplock and then run my finger over the "zip' part and stop it before I seal the lager bag.   I reuse the large vacuum bag over and over, and get a great way to freeze portions of meat cheap.   Really keeps down freezer burn when you squeeze all the air out.

Online induced_drag

• Global Moderator
« Reply #384 on: January 31, 2016, 04:06:18 PM »
Mmmmmmmmmmeat!  Very few things make me less stressed than knowing I have plenty of food laid out.  (srs)

Offline piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
« Reply #385 on: January 31, 2016, 04:20:28 PM »
The Parmesan really kicks up the taste.   I am not a big parm guy in general, but it almost acts like salt in when using it this way.  Flavor is over the top good.  Also helps in nice browning.

I am cooking a 18lb turkey today.   Like Thanksgiving in Jan.   Family dinner tonight and then weigh portion and freeze leftovers.   LOTS of good lunches. ;).   Started putting regular ziplock baggies INSIDE a large Vacuseal bag.  I pull a vacuum on the whole thing which squeezes all the air out of the ziplock and then run my finger over the "zip' part and stop it before I seal the lager bag.   I reuse the large vacuum bag over and over, and get a great way to freeze portions of meat cheap.   Really keeps down freezer burn when you squeeze all the air out.

I had forgotten about the parmesan cheese when I was making them but the italian season bread crumbs have plenty of flavor so it's not lacking.
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
« Reply #386 on: March 11, 2016, 05:21:21 PM »

YUMMY!

came in looking for this. Starting a cut and fresh chicken breast is on sale for $1.88/lb

DIEL?

Online sakustoms

• Veteran
  • OVER HERE GETTING FAT!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
« Reply #387 on: January 27, 2017, 05:46:50 PM »
I was looking for some healthy alternatives to the food I like and came across this cauliflower pizza recipe. I know it's not for everyone but I thought I'd post it here.

I made it tonight and IMO it's good. The only downside is that it doesn't really get hard like crust would. I had to eat it with a fork.

http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a49183/cauliflower-pizza-bites/

Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline LisaSkinnoble

• Mr Flexy's Happy Protégé
  • Height: 5'6"
« Reply #388 on: January 27, 2017, 06:17:44 PM »
Looks good!  Perfect for anyone low-carbing it.
Last meet lifts:  245/125/285
April 2017:  235/130/255

"You know, there's nothing damnable about being a strong woman. The world needs strong women." — Ginger Rogers

“Don’t go bacon my heart! I couldn’t if I fried…”

Online sakustoms

• Veteran
  • OVER HERE GETTING FAT!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
« Reply #389 on: January 27, 2017, 10:05:42 PM »
Looks good!  Perfect for anyone low-carbing it.

I was actually surprised at how good they were. I definitely need to "low carb" more than I've been.
Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275