Author Topic: Whole milk  (Read 2623 times)

Offline hochspeyer

• Desert Shield/Storm and Psychic Wars Veteran
    • A homegrown DBA exploring #notsobigdata
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 244
Whole milk
« on: March 23, 2012, 12:49:14 PM »
Lots of arguments about milk, and I'm not interested in those. Has anyone noticed more gas from whole milk vs 2%?

Or would this just be an indicator of not training (hard) enough to utilize all of the milky goodness?
Rep 9 crew
Visit bb.com to see my signature telling you to visit the Iron-Sanctuary forums :ninja:

Offline Marius

• User Title
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 193 Pounds
Re: Whole milk
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 01:33:03 PM »
Well...I never noticed gas from whole milk. The basic difference between the two is how much fat is in it, right? As far as I know fat doesn't give you gas. I mean, eating a whole stick of butter doesn't cause any for me...or wouldn't if I ate one.

Not that I've ever done that.

Or have I. o_O

I'd think that lactose would cause gas, but I don't think there's much difference in lactose between whole and skim.
TMonkey is one Bad Ass Mother Fucker.

Offline hochspeyer

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 03:04:08 PM »
I'm thinking its just not enough personal effort.  Snookums and I were discussing this, and that's more than likely the cause. We'll see how it goes after tonight's training.
Rep 9 crew
Visit bb.com to see my signature telling you to visit the Iron-Sanctuary forums :ninja:

Offline Slow_Progress

• 925 3 lift combo...not sure what my goal is now.
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 185.0
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 03:40:05 PM »
Not much of a difference between the two, both of them pretty much incapacitated me with painful, sharp, pungent gas...

"GOMAD - Not even once."
Optimus est non satis

Online induced_drag

• Global Moderator
  • Height: 69
  • Weight: 195
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 04:27:42 PM »
No difference in the two.   I drink both (on a weekly basis).

On MWF, I drink 1%
On T,Th,Sat,Sun, I drink Whole.

I drink at least 1/2 gallon a day.  The reason for drinking the two types, is a diet think I came up with called "Fat Cycling".   It goes with my "Carb cycling" that I do, but on workout days, I swap 20 grams of fat for an extra 45 g carbs (on top of my carb cycling).   So the way I make up the difference in fat intake is switching milks for the most part.

Offline hochspeyer

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 05:00:10 PM »
No difference in the two.   I drink both (on a weekly basis).

On MWF, I drink 1%
On T,Th,Sat,Sun, I drink Whole.

I drink at least 1/2 gallon a day.  The reason for drinking the two types, is a diet think I came up with called "Fat Cycling".   It goes with my "Carb cycling" that I do, but on workout days, I swap 20 grams of fat for an extra 45 g carbs (on top of my carb cycling).   So the way I make up the difference in fat intake is switching milks for the most part.
So you're doing "homad" ? ???
Observation after last nights training: very little gas relative  to previous sessions, so I'm going with the theory that if you bring you "A" protein game to training, you'd better bring your "A" game to the training.
Rep 9 crew