Journals > Journals

Greg's Lifting Journal

(1/132) > >>

ptreyesgreg:
I've been a member here for a long-time but have mainly been a lurker.  I've finally decided to take the plunge and start logging my workouts here.  I've been posting them on BB.com for a while now but those journals aren't near as lively as they once were and I think it's time for a change for me.  So to get things rolling...

This afternoon I completed 531 Building The Monolith (Cycle 26 - Week 6C) as follows:

Tri-set:
Squats 5-135, 3-155, 2-185, 2-225, 1-255, 3-285, 10-215
Band Facepulls 25, 25, 25, 25
Incline Fat Bar BP 5-105, 5-125, 5-145, 12 sets of 5 @ 180

Multi-Grip Chins 5-45, 5-45, 5-45, 5-45, 5-45

Bodyweight: 204.6 Pounds (Down 16.0 Pounds from 7/9) Overshot carbs a bit past few days

Workout Duration: 47:24.41 h:mm:ss (with 1:00 rest between sets)

Good workout today. This was my final workout of Monolith. The ebola came back to bite me and left me with a sinus infection that knocked me out of commission for the past several days. I really should have rested today too but instead I went home at lunch and knocked this workout out.

Squats felt OK. For my final set though I just didn't have 20 in me. My sinus infection is in my face behind my left cheek/eye and by rep 10 my sinuses were barking. I said screw it and stopped at 10. I hated to end this program on that note but I still feel like I gained a lot out of it.

Incline BP felt good. I did my full 12 sets of 5 there so that was good. I also hit all reps on my chins. I was out of time and pooped by this point so I skipped shrugs. It still feels like I got some good work in, so I'll take it.

My next workout will be the start of my meet prep work.  I've got two meets coming up in January...a push/pull meet on Jan 13 and a full PL meet on 1/27.  It's going to be a busy time between now and then getting ready.

BLK00TJ:
Welcome to the I-S journals!  2 meets in the same month?  Wowza!

FLEX:
Welcome to the journals.

Dave:
Hey buddy ;D

ptreyesgreg:

--- Quote from: BLK00TJ on December 06, 2017, 06:55:41 PM ---Welcome to the I-S journals!  2 meets in the same month?  Wowza!

--- End quote ---

Thanks. Yeah the 2 meets are going to be challenging.  What happened there was I was already signed up for the meet on 1/27, then Mark Bell announced the ST Classic Push/Pull.  I couldn't pass up the chance to go there and compete and am planning to use it as a warm  up for the full meet on 1/27.  That is my plan at least.

--- Quote from: FLEX on December 06, 2017, 06:57:24 PM ---Welcome to the journals.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Flex.  I'm looking forward to participating over here.

--- Quote from: Dave on December 06, 2017, 06:58:34 PM ---Hey buddy ;D

--- End quote ---

Hey Dave.  Yeah I finally decided to take the plunge and start entering my logs over here.  There seem to be more PLers over here which will be helpful to follow along with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version