Author Topic: USAPL Raw Nationals Livestreaming 10/10/2017  (Read 583 times)

Online BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
Re: USAPL Raw Nationals Livestreaming 10/10/2017
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 09:37:30 AM »
Damn. He just missed 1080.
That's mind blowing thinking about doing that RAW!

What did he get? Did he break his previous record?

He ended up with 1031 (467.5kg).  1080 was coming up fast but midpoint he stopped.  That gave the spotters some serious work to do.  They couldn't get the weight back on the rack for the squat supports, so they had him drop it on the bench rack which was lower at bench height (usapl used one piece of equipment for squat and bench).   If he missed that he would have had to dump it over his head I guess.

It was pretty dicey and I wouldn't have wanted to be on that platform.  I know they want to be able to give the audience a great view and monolifts obstruct a lot, but damn.... that kind of weight has the potential to kill or maim someone pretty bad.

Online Get-n-fit

• HEAVY WEIGHT IS A BITCH, MAKE IT YOURS!!
Re: USAPL Raw Nationals Livestreaming 10/10/2017
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 02:49:25 PM »
Damn. He just missed 1080.
That's mind blowing thinking about doing that RAW!

What did he get? Did he break his previous record?

He ended up with 1031 (467.5kg).  1080 was coming up fast but midpoint he stopped.  That gave the spotters some serious work to do.  They couldn't get the weight back on the rack for the squat supports, so they had him drop it on the bench rack which was lower at bench height (usapl used one piece of equipment for squat and bench).   If he missed that he would have had to dump it over his head I guess.

It was pretty dicey and I wouldn't have wanted to be on that platform.  I know they want to be able to give the audience a great view and monolifts obstruct a lot, but damn.... that kind of weight has the potential to kill or maim someone pretty bad.

yeah,  I hate jacks, I think it's f'in nuts squatting without some sort of safeties, Although, I just watched a guy squat 800 in a mono and dumped the bar off his back at the top of the lift and the safety straps snapped and were flung across the building like rubber bands, fortunately no one was hurt. Just goes to show you that even a mono can fail. 
IG: Tourostrengthtraining
Lift light, until you can lift right
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat