Author Topic: Reduni's Log.  (Read 74185 times)

Offline reduni

• Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 205
Re: Reduni's Log.
« Reply #975 on: December 18, 2019, 10:34:45 PM »
Well I'm back. Finally after about 4 months I'm in the gym. I think it's about time. I'm starting pretty light just to get the feels of thing again and hopefully keep the doms at bay somewhat. I know it'll go away quick but it still sucks. I'm trying highbar for a while and see how I do. I mean it works for FLEX so why not.

Highbar squat

135 x 5 x 5 vid of last set

leg press
270 x 12 x 4

walking db lunge

20's x 10\leg x 3

SLDL

135 x 10x 3

leg press calf raise

270 x 15 x 3

that's it. Overall it went well and I felt good about things.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6OnI3JB6T9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
the only easy day was yesterday

RPS SS 2017 Squat 355 Bench 290 Deadlift 485

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 183
« Reply #976 on: December 19, 2019, 05:49:23 AM »
Great to see ya back Rich, looks like life is calming down now from the move? Home setup looks like it’s going to be nice!
☻/
/▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
/ \

Offline reduni

« Reply #977 on: February 03, 2020, 09:54:55 AM »
Well I'm still hitting the gym and it's still busy here. I don't have my computer set up yet so I haven't been posting here. I just hate trying to type on my phone. I'm still checking in on everyone here though. Hopefully I'll have things more settled by the spring.

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #978 on: February 03, 2020, 02:46:09 PM »
Been following on IG, things are coming back fast, most noticeably is your size, those first few vids you were looking pretty skinny. That always happens to me when I am in stressed situations.
☻/
/ \

Online Merkley

• Self love my friends, appreciate, elevate.
  • Weight: Working on making it better.
« Reply #979 on: February 03, 2020, 04:25:18 PM »
Well I'm back. Finally after about 4 months I'm in the gym. I think it's about time. I'm starting pretty light just to get the feels of thing again and hopefully keep the doms at bay somewhat. I know it'll go away quick but it still sucks. I'm trying highbar for a while and see how I do. I mean it works for FLEX so why not.

Highbar squat

leg press
270 x 12 x 4

walking db lunge

20's x 10\leg x 3

SLDL

135 x 10x 3

leg press calf raise

270 x 15 x 3

Welcome back bud, we've missed ya.
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline reduni

« Reply #980 on: February 03, 2020, 10:45:31 PM »

Highbar squat

leg press
270 x 12 x 4

walking db lunge

20's x 10\leg x 3

SLDL

135 x 10x 3

leg press calf raise

270 x 15 x 3

Welcome back bud, we've missed ya.

Thanks. I'm enjoying the slow build back up. No rush at all and I'm doing some more hypertophy work.
Been following on IG, things are coming back fast, most noticeably is your size, those first few vids you were looking pretty skinny. That always happens to me when I am in stressed situations.

Yeah, things felt bad the first week or so but got in the groove pretty quick. I slimmed down quite a bit and I'm back up about 10 lbs. Clothes are feeling like they should again.

Offline reduni

« Reply #981 on: February 19, 2020, 10:56:19 AM »
Still progressing fairly well. My biggest thing is squats. Highbar has been going ok but we'll see as it gets heavier. Always a work in progress.

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #982 on: February 19, 2020, 11:33:12 AM »
Still progressing fairly well. My biggest thing is squats. Highbar has been going ok but we'll see as it gets heavier. Always a work in progress.
Things are looking good Rich, the high bar work will payoff too, the quads will get stronger than in lowbar IMO and will carry over nicely to your competition squat.
☻/
/ \

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #983 on: March 09, 2020, 09:45:48 PM »
https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/the-best-damn-workout-plan-for-natural-lifters-part-2

This is the workout I’m following (with hip mods of course)
☻/
/ \

Offline reduni

« Reply #984 on: March 10, 2020, 09:48:10 AM »
Thanks Shawn. Looks like a good program

Online Merkley

• Self love my friends, appreciate, elevate.
  • Weight: Working on making it better.
« Reply #985 on: March 10, 2020, 10:24:33 AM »
https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/the-best-damn-workout-plan-for-natural-lifters-part-2

This is the workout I’m following (with hip mods of course)

You've been following this for quite some time and it has shown to be successful as a long term training program. It's on my to-do lists
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline reduni

« Reply #986 on: March 20, 2020, 06:48:13 PM »
Well I'm officially done my first week of the new program. Thanks Shawn. I like it. I added some ab rolls and calf raises but that's it. Calves are a tough one for me as in never feels like I'm working them even when I use a slow tempo.

The thing that confuses me somewhat is the hold stretched part. I understand on something like bench but incline curls? Do you just let them hang? Or is it at the top but that would be contracted. I don't know. Anyways, on to week 2

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #987 on: March 20, 2020, 07:43:39 PM »
Well I'm officially done my first week of the new program. Thanks Shawn. I like it. I added some ab rolls and calf raises but that's it. Calves are a tough one for me as in never feels like I'm working them even when I use a slow tempo.

The thing that confuses me somewhat is the hold stretched part. I understand on something like bench but incline curls? Do you just let them hang? Or is it at the top but that would be contracted. I don't know. Anyways, on to week 2
Glad u are liking it. With calves, slow eccentric and pause for at least 2 seconds at the bottom, up u can go faster, pause and flex at the top too.
Could be u are going to heavy, lighten it up and focus on pulling ur heels up towards ur calf.
So the stretched: say incline DB curls, complete ur last rep, lower slowly and just let them hang at the bottom until u can’t take it anymore.
Seated rows: complete last rep, slowly extend forward and hold the straight arm position as long as u can
☻/
/ \

Offline reduni

« Reply #988 on: March 20, 2020, 07:56:17 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Shawn. I've been real slow on the calves but it's just a hard body part for me to get the mind muscle connection.