Author Topic: Reduni's Log.  (Read 55591 times)

Offline reduni

• Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 205
Re: Reduni's Log.
« Reply #960 on: July 27, 2019, 10:23:10 PM »
Thanks Shawn. Yeah my legs were a little wobbly after today. I haven't done any higher rep leg work like that in a while. Just low rep squats. I'm sure I'll feel it the next few days
the only easy day was yesterday

RPS SS 2017 Squat 355 Bench 290 Deadlift 485

Online Merkley

• Professional shag rug smuggler
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: In the 2's
« Reply #961 on: July 28, 2019, 09:44:11 PM »
Walking lunges with 135, yeah that'll cook the legs pretty good! Good job on 3 sets of 10!!!
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 183
« Reply #962 on: July 29, 2019, 08:34:11 AM »
Thanks Shawn. Yeah my legs were a little wobbly after today. I haven't done any higher rep leg work like that in a while. Just low rep squats. I'm sure I'll feel it the next few days
I am pretty convinced that high rep leg work is the only formula that will get my legs to grow. Heavy squats over the last few years only took me so far. I think they are definitely necessary, especially to build a foundation of size, but I think higher rep work, high rep squats included are gonna be the difference if my legs grow or not
☻/
/▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
/ \

Online Merkley

« Reply #963 on: July 29, 2019, 01:28:59 PM »
I am pretty convinced that high rep leg work is the only formula that will get my legs to grow. Heavy squats over the last few years only took me so far. I think they are definitely necessary, especially to build a foundation of size, but I think higher rep work, high rep squats included are gonna be the difference if my legs grow or not

Agreed. So far the most optimal amount of leg growth I've achieved came from the PHUL program. Doing the power/hypertrophy days for legs really made a difference. It's something I'll be sure to run again and see if I can put more size onto my legs.
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline reduni

« Reply #964 on: July 29, 2019, 07:10:54 PM »
Thanks guys. Lunges were tough and my glutes and hams are still pretty trashed today. Had a good day today. Shoulders went well. Changed thing up a little and upped volume and a some more isolation.

29 july

standing OHP

5x5x145 vid last set ss with pull ups 5x9xbw

seated db ohp

3x10x50

db side raises

3x15x15

face pulls ss with front db raises

3x15x25   3x15x15

ez bar curls

3x10x75

that's it. got a good pump going.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0g2irchbBY/

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #965 on: July 29, 2019, 10:12:36 PM »
Killer shoulder work Rich, that’s one thing I am working hard to bring up right now too. Almost zero shoulder work training powerlifting for me, and it shows lol.
☻/
/ \

Online Merkley

« Reply #966 on: July 30, 2019, 07:43:54 AM »
Solid shoulder session!
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline reduni

« Reply #967 on: August 06, 2019, 07:42:13 PM »
Been a little over a week since I've been in the gym. Probably be at least a month before I'm back in. My basement gym is now in shambles as things get disassembled and packed. A little over a week till the movers are there and we move into the new place on the 30th. Still going to have boat loads of things to do once we're there. I'll hopefully have the gym up and running again soon after we're there. Anyways this will be the last entry for a bit. I'm still following along though.

Online Merkley

« Reply #968 on: August 07, 2019, 09:30:17 AM »
Been a little over a week since I've been in the gym. Probably be at least a month before I'm back in. My basement gym is now in shambles as things get disassembled and packed. A little over a week till the movers are there and we move into the new place on the 30th. Still going to have boat loads of things to do once we're there. I'll hopefully have the gym up and running again soon after we're there. Anyways this will be the last entry for a bit. I'm still following along though.

Hopefully your down time won't be that long. Good luck with the move!
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #969 on: August 07, 2019, 05:05:50 PM »
Good luck with the move buddy! Hope all goes smooth
☻/
/ \

Online Merkley

« Reply #970 on: October 10, 2019, 07:30:02 AM »
Miss ya bud, hope to see you around here soon.
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline reduni

« Reply #971 on: October 16, 2019, 09:45:32 AM »
Thanks Ron. It's been absolutely nuts with the move and everything that's going on right now. I still don't have my gym set up but I'm getting close I think. Just have so much on my plate with the new farm and trying to get things organised for the winter. I'm down 20 lbs and it's not on purpose. I'd look like Shawn if I was still working out but thats not the case😒. I'm almost scared at how much I'm going to hurt and see how much I've lost when I finally get back. I've been following along on instagram for those who are on and check in here on occasion. Thecomputer still isnt set up so everything is on my phone. Hopefully I'll be logging again soon. Keep up the hard work everyone.

Online Merkley

« Reply #972 on: October 16, 2019, 12:25:06 PM »
Thanks Ron. It's been absolutely nuts with the move and everything that's going on right now. I still don't have my gym set up but I'm getting close I think. Just have so much on my plate with the new farm and trying to get things organised for the winter. I'm down 20 lbs and it's not on purpose. I'd look like Shawn if I was still working out but thats not the case😒. I'm almost scared at how much I'm going to hurt and see how much I've lost when I finally get back. I've been following along on instagram for those who are on and check in here on occasion. Thecomputer still isnt set up so everything is on my phone. Hopefully I'll be logging again soon. Keep up the hard work everyone.

Thanks for the update :) Hope to see you back up and swinging soon.
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #973 on: October 16, 2019, 09:55:05 PM »
Great to hear from you bro! Sounds like a crazy time for you, I know my move was hard but sounds like u got me beat. Best of luck getting everything finished up buddy, muscle memory is as real as my love for Tool 😎
☻/
/ \

Online Merkley

« Reply #974 on: October 16, 2019, 10:26:41 PM »
Great to hear from you bro! Sounds like a crazy time for you, I know my move was hard but sounds like u got me beat. Best of luck getting everything finished up buddy, muscle memory is as real as my love for Tool 😎

TOOL!!!!
– Arnold Schwarzenegger