Author Topic: Shawn's Gonna Get on Dat Platform!!  (Read 81504 times)

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 183
Re: Shawn's Gonna Get on Dat Platform!!
« Reply #1560 on: March 02, 2018, 11:26:09 PM »
Rts w2d3
Morning weight: 192

Banded hip work
Hip circle
Baby makers
Lat pulldowns

Squats: belt/wraps x4@9
Bar x 6 paused
135 x 5
225 x 3

315 x 1 wraps
350 x 4 wraps @7
370 x 4 wraps @9 vid
350 x 4 wraps @8 vid

Bench: T&G x 5@9
Barx10 of CGBP/ultrawide/comp
135 x 5
185 x 3

225 x 5 @6.5
245 x 5 @8 vid
255 x 5 @9.5 vid
240 x 5 @9 (fatigue)

Incline CGBP: x7 @9
135 x 7
165 x 7 @8
175 x 7 @9
165 x 7 @9

Dun:

Notes: late one after 12 hours in the ICU. Second time in wraps this year, went a bit better than last time, getting all my cues together and self wrapping definitely takes some serious practice. Happy with the 370x4, last wrapped session I did 365x3. I was done after 3 working sets, add in fatigue from self wrapping and itís pretty tiring.
Bench went good, 255x5 was too loose in the caboose bit itís still a strength gain.

https://instagram.com/p/Bf2NgGogQYf/
☻/
/▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
/ \

Online ptreyesgreg

• Keeping On Keeping On
    • My Training Blog
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 215
« Reply #1561 on: March 03, 2018, 08:42:34 AM »
Great looking workout Shawn!  Nice job on the squats man.  Watched the vid on IG and it looked like you were trucking right along on that heavy set of 4...showing some excellent strength. :)
If you don't find the limit you don't have to answer that question...you have no limit.
- Brian Shaw

If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. -Wendler

My Blog: https://slavinstrength.wordpress.com/

Offline BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #1562 on: March 03, 2018, 10:18:26 AM »
Great session Shawn.  I too get worn down from wrapping.  One of the reasons I stopped competing with them.  I may still use them for some overload though.

Online reduni

• Weight: 205
« Reply #1563 on: March 03, 2018, 11:34:38 AM »
Nice work Shawn. Squats and bench looked good. Some nice heavy work there. Hamstring doing okay? Wrapping is tedious and uncomfortable but the extra help out of the hole is nice.
the only easy day was yesterday

RPS SS 2017 Squat 355 Bench 290 Deadlift 485

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #1564 on: March 03, 2018, 10:38:34 PM »
Great looking workout Shawn!  Nice job on the squats man.  Watched the vid on IG and it looked like you were trucking right along on that heavy set of 4...showing some excellent strength. :)
Thanks Greg. I still need to push the wrapped sets much heavier yet to get where I want but itís a good start. I need to get used to the extra stimulus of the numb legs and keep my cues together
Great session Shawn.  I too get worn down from wrapping.  One of the reasons I stopped competing with them.  I may still use them for some overload though.
Ha yup it gets tiring quick, it ok for a single or 2 but multiple sets gets tough. Wraps are actually programmed in this program for the purpose of overload, but I am using it to my advantage as I will compete wrapped this year. Be much easier having Bacon wrapping me though!
Nice work Shawn. Squats and bench looked good. Some nice heavy work there. Hamstring doing okay? Wrapping is tedious and uncomfortable but the extra help out of the hole is nice.
Thanks Rich, I wasnít feeling very good at all lastnight but the wrapped sets turned out pretty good. I will continue to push them heavier. Doing reps with wraps is new as well, keeping those damn things on even longer sucks lol.
I got stuck trying
To get them off a couple times
☻/
/ \

Offline piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 189
« Reply #1565 on: March 04, 2018, 10:03:10 AM »
Damn good lifting session after 12 hours of work  ;)
Never wrapped with lifting wraps but I used to wrap our RBs ankles for football. Takes time to get it right. How long does it take you to wrap? I'm assuming you unwrap after each wrapped set otherwise you'd lose circulation?
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #1566 on: March 04, 2018, 06:47:42 PM »
Rts w2d4
Morning weight: 192

Hip circle

Rack pulls below knee: x4@9
Bar x 13
135 x 5
225 x 4
315 x 3

405 x 4
455 x 4@7
505 x 4 @9
480 x 4 @9 fatigue

JM press x7@9:
Bar x 7
65 x 7
95 x 7
115 x 7
125 x 7 @9

Narrow landmine row: pwo
100 x 7
125 x 7 @7
150 x 7 @8
165 x 7 @9
150 x 7 @9

Dun

Notes: good session, although I hate rack pulls I moved some good weight today at a lower rack position.
JM press is just retarded, Iíll be subbing those out next time they come up.
Nice to hit some rows. Week 3 on Tuesday.

☻/
/ \

Online ptreyesgreg

• Keeping On Keeping On
    • My Training Blog
  • Weight: 215
« Reply #1567 on: March 05, 2018, 01:53:42 PM »
Strong looking workout yesterday Shawn.  Those rack pulls looked good on IG, even though you hated doing them.  Hopefully they pay some big dividends.

Fwiw, I've heard a lot about how effective JM presses are for building up the bench.  I tried them and didn't like them much either but I have heard lots of good stuff about them.
If you don't find the limit you don't have to answer that question...you have no limit.
- Brian Shaw

If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. -Wendler

My Blog: https://slavinstrength.wordpress.com/

Offline piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 189
« Reply #1568 on: March 05, 2018, 04:20:24 PM »
Solid day there Shawn.
Had to look up JM press as I've never heard of it before. Looks....odd?awkward?
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Online Andrew

• Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 217
« Reply #1569 on: March 05, 2018, 04:35:33 PM »
Moving some damn good weight on the last two sessions. Keep on grinding and April gunna be gooood!
☻/
/ \
Team RTS

Take whats there in your training

Offline BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #1570 on: March 05, 2018, 08:17:17 PM »
I cringe when your bar hits the safeties.  you might want to look into strap safeties or make some blocks.  I cut up a 4x4 post to make mine.

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #1571 on: March 05, 2018, 10:29:44 PM »
Damn good lifting session after 12 hours of work  ;)
Never wrapped with lifting wraps but I used to wrap our RBs ankles for football. Takes time to get it right. How long does it take you to wrap? I'm assuming you unwrap after each wrapped set otherwise you'd lose circulation?
Thanks Eric, i dunno maybe 4 min ish to wrap. Getting a bit better and more efficient at it now so hopefully faster the better. Sometimes I lose hold of the thing and it all starts to unravel, that just sucks haha.
Yes I get them off as fast as humanly possible. Especially doing reps with them now, legs are numb!

Strong looking workout yesterday Shawn.  Those rack pulls looked good on IG, even though you hated doing them.  Hopefully they pay some big dividends.

Fwiw, I've heard a lot about how effective JM presses are for building up the bench.  I tried them and didn't like them much either but I have heard lots of good stuff about them.
Thanks Greg, I was happy with moving 505 on the pulls, especially from a lower rack position than last time. They just wreck my back which is why I hate them lol.
JM presses are just rough as hell on my elbows, and I have healthy elbows. Just seems like an accident waiting to happen. They arenít programmed much in RTS anyway so will sub them out with some other supplemental exercise.
Solid day there Shawn.
Had to look up JM press as I've never heard of it before. Looks....odd?awkward?
Thanks Eric, awkward yes, hard on the elbows yes again. Wonít be doing them again!!
Moving some damn good weight on the last two sessions. Keep on grinding and April gunna be gooood!
Thanks Andy, the weights are pretty heavy for sure, my body never feels good lately but the strength is there so Iíll take it. As long as nothing snaps I should be in a good spot for the meet!
I cringe when your bar hits the safeties.  you might want to look into strap safeties or make some blocks.  I cut up a 4x4 post to make mine.
Haha ya I didnít like that either but after seeing Ray Williams smash over a thousand pounds using my Ohio Power bar I have no more worries!! My safeties have rubber on top and seem to be pretty sturdy so far. That being said I donít have many rack pulls to do coming up, and I can almost guarantee these will be switched to block pulls or bands in future programming!
☻/
/ \

Online reduni

• Weight: 205
« Reply #1572 on: March 06, 2018, 04:37:21 PM »
Nice work Shawn. Lifting some heavy ass weight. I don't like rack pulls either. Something just doesn't feel right although I can see where it would help you with lockout.

I'm waiting for the bar to snap.  ;D You say there's rubber on the safties but i sure doesn't sound like it.

I've never tried JM presses. I think it would wreck my elbows.

Beauty session overall though.
the only easy day was yesterday

RPS SS 2017 Squat 355 Bench 290 Deadlift 485

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #1573 on: March 06, 2018, 06:46:52 PM »
Rts w3d1
Waking weight after nights: 194

Banded hip work
Hip circle
Lat pulldowns
Baby makers

Squats: comp. with wraps x3@9

Bar x 6 paused
135 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 1

Add wraps:
355 x 3 @6
370 x 3 @7 vid
385 x 3 @8 vid
350 x 3 @8.5 (9% fatigue)

Bench: comp. x3@9

Barx10 of CGBP/ultrawide/comp
135 x 4
185 x 3
225 x 3

250 x 3 @7
260 x 3 @8.5 vid
270 x 2 +fail vid
245 x 3 @8.5 (9% fatigue)

3ct paused bench: x5@9
215 x 5 @8.5
220 x 5 @10
210 x 5 @9

Dun:

Notes: decent day, talking with John and we are going to do all competition squats from here with wraps. Gotta practice how u play. Happy with 385x3@8 as this was my opener last year and think 5 reps was there. Need to sink my first rep deeper, hit my last set of 350 deep rep 1 to work on this but needs work. Could have pushed heavier but trying to be patient, as long as weight is being added hopefully weekly I will be in great shape in 8 weeks.
Bench was ok, think my estimated 1RM is a bit inflated as 270x3 was too much and I overshot big time. No biggy, went for it and happy enough with 2 reps.

☻/
/ \

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #1574 on: March 06, 2018, 06:50:44 PM »
Nice work Shawn. Lifting some heavy ass weight. I don't like rack pulls either. Something just doesn't feel right although I can see where it would help you with lockout.

I'm waiting for the bar to snap.  ;D You say there's rubber on the safties but i sure doesn't sound like it.

I've never tried JM presses. I think it would wreck my elbows.

Beauty session overall though.
Thanks Rich, ya rack pulls suck despite that they are probably good for me. Haha ya trust me I was worried about my bar too, rack not so much. It was reassuring to see Ray Williams squat over a thousand pounds with my bar though, think it will survive  8)
☻/
/ \