Author Topic: TOP 10 Fitness Industry Charlatans  (Read 1140 times)

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
TOP 10 Fitness Industry Charlatans
« on: April 13, 2016, 07:18:38 PM »
Interesting, quick read. My favorite is the chick who says you should eat 20 bananas a day  :o

http://www.healthylivingheavylifting.com/top-10-fitness-industry-charlatans/
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Offline XavierNusum

• Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 261
Re: TOP 10 Fitness Industry Charlatans
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 04:00:35 PM »
That's a good one! Some of my favorite social media accounts are the ones that point out photoshoppers and "enhanced" fitness experts! I really don't care about PED use, because that still requires more effort than the average couch potato will put out anyway, hell more than I put out! LOL  But the ones with implants, photoshopped pics and fake cookie cutter "personalized" plans are the ones that really upset me.
",,,in the long run, motivation is just a notch above useless. take the emotion out of it and be disciplined."
-cwolfman13 (MFP member)

"It's still yo MF'n set" - CTFletcher

Offline Get-n-fit

• HEAVY WEIGHT IS A BITCH, MAKE IT YOURS!!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 05:53:24 PM »
interesting- I only ever heard of Jenn Selter and Dr. Oz.  and that's only bc Jenn has a great backside and Dr. Oz has a tv show that I've heard of, but never seen a single episode.  Glad I haven't heard of the others, they all sound like snake oil salesman.
IG: Tourostrengthtraining
Lift light, until you can lift right
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Little Tim

• Updated profile pic
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 2-frickin' fluffy-40
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 08:54:19 PM »
Only two I'm vaguely familiar with are dr oz and the banana girl (she keeps popping up on my reccommended youtube vids, I'm all for more plants in your nutrition plan, but she's a special kind of extreme).

So much pandering to the public's need for a quick fix and the medical community's lack of pushing healthy lifestyles.  It's more of a reflection of our society than anything else.