Author Topic: Cheats during prep?  (Read 863 times)

Offline Huntforfun

• GFX Vault - Forum
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 156
Cheats during prep?
« on: March 11, 2016, 01:04:58 PM »
During comp preps (PL, BB, Physique, CF), how often did you have a cheat meal per week? (Cheat MEAL not cheat DAY)

Just out of curiosity, I know it can vary based on size, metabolism, etc. so theres no right or wrong answer;

Want to see who is having the most fun :P
I intend to tell fate its my turn to take the reigns.

Offline Fiend_73

• Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 260
Re: Cheats during prep?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 01:48:26 PM »
If you're taking this seriously (the comp) you never cheat.

I did re-feeds when working with Layne Norton every 2 weeks, usually double my carb macros, 1/2 my normal protein intake and lower fat macros to almost nil.

2 months or 8 weeks out my re-feeds were dropped.

Being natty, you don't have the luxury of cheating. And remember, if you cheat you're only cheating you and I guarantee you some of the other guys don't even think about cheating.

I'm not perfect either. I've cheated on my diet and paid a price for it in the placings.
Don't do what I did, follow your diet plan to a "T".

If not, you're prepping for failure, not a win.

This ^^^^ is actually pretty good if I do say so myself, remember it bro)

Offline Get-n-fit

• HEAVY WEIGHT IS A BITCH, MAKE IT YOURS!!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 02:18:53 PM »
PL'ing is a whole different world.  There's no such thing as cheat meals during training, it's all about hitting your macros, mine are currently at 4,000+/day and really my diet consists of getting in as much good whole foods as possible...tons of high quality proteins and carbs.  I could probably go to mc d's and hit 4k cals with just 2 meals, but the majority of those macros is from fats, so that's kind of stupid.  For guys that do cut, that's not done until the very last week of training and there's no cheating there bc the schedule is so tight to drop the weight to hit your class.  For my upcoming meet, I won't be cutting at all, whatever weight I'm at a week out will be my stage weight.
IG: Tourostrengthtraining
Lift light, until you can lift right
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline cmoore

• Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 180
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 08:25:17 PM »
I ate peanut butter cups right before I ran on Ninja Warrior last season. Mostly, it was fun to see the other guys freak out "omg! cmoore eats reese's? WTF?" Heh, was it cheating? Idk. They tasted good and I had fun so maybe. But generally I dont ever cheat really. I will plan a macro shift or even an overfeed but it's a planned deal to meet a requirement beyond just gluttony.

"Of all the things I lost during my cut, I miss my mind the most." -cmoore