Author Topic: USPA drug tested meets  (Read 4576 times)

Offline Get-n-fit

• HEAVY WEIGHT IS A BITCH, MAKE IT YOURS!!
USPA drug tested meets
« on: February 25, 2016, 10:31:28 AM »
The USPA just released a vid that they will now have a drug tested division.  They will test 10% of lifters based on wilks score...and also if the lifter is trying to break any records.  The test fees will be covered by the meet director and again only for that particular division.  They will still have all the other divisions available for lifters that do not wish to be tested.   ;)  And what I found interesting and my lifting partner was wondering about is,  Dr. prescribed TRT is NOT an exception.  If you are on TRT, you are unable to compete in this division and need to compete in the non-tested ones.   

Anyways, there you go. Some PL news for any one that likes the USPA.
IG: Tourostrengthtraining
Lift light, until you can lift right
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 203
Re: USPA drug tested meets
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 11:03:39 AM »
If you are on TRT, you are unable to compete in this division and need to compete in the non-tested ones.   

I think that's pretty standard, TRT guys can manipulate their levels. For example I'm competing in 2 days and need to shave a few times a day  ;D ;)
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Offline Get-n-fit

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 11:08:30 AM »
If you are on TRT, you are unable to compete in this division and need to compete in the non-tested ones.   

I think that's pretty standard, TRT guys can manipulate their levels. For example I'm competing in 2 days and need to shave a few times a day  ;D ;)

lmao

That's true, my partner is a goodie two shoe (lol, I've never written that out, not sure if it's to, too or two) so I don't think that crosses his mind to save up to run a bigger cycle than his normal 200/week.
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Online Stile

• Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 170
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 02:30:14 PM »
If its based on Wilks score, I should be safe.

Online tooth

• Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: ???
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 02:51:05 PM »
trt wouldn't show high test levels.  Just puts you at normal. 

Just have tested where everyone is tested, and non tested. 
420/285/450 181 Masters I
515/335/550 198 Masters I
520 squat      198 Masters I
525/345/575 198  Masters II

Offline Get-n-fit

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 02:53:32 PM »
If its based on Wilks score, I should be safe.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Ramrod

• www.RamrodReviews.com
    • Ramrod Reviews
  • Height: 5,10
  • Weight: 198
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 06:58:11 AM »
Don't their test read more then that? I mean Deca shows up, but that's not a TRT drug or Test based AAS.

Can the different Test, E,C,P be tested for or just the Test lvl? I've also heard Ratio had something to do with it...

181/198 Pounder, Equipped sometimes
Squat - 54 0/ 625
Bench - 340 / 476
Deadlift - 550 / 676

Online induced_drag

• Global Moderator
  • Height: 69
  • Weight: 195
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 02:19:57 PM »

That's true, my partner is a goodie two shoe (lol, I've never written that out, not sure if it's to, too or two) so I don't think that crosses his mind to save up to run a bigger cycle than his normal 200/week.

200mg/week is higher than any natty will ever be.   Really 150/week will put you right up close to the top.  200 will put you well over 1200. 

200 is the rule of thumb for highest accepted therapeutic dose given normally.  Some docs script this because of old school thought of once ever 2 week injection.   When they measure at the midpoint, sure you are in range, but you have metabolized half the compound already.

If you took that same 200 and took it once a week which docs often script, that is well above "normal" and still well above the highest end.

I have seen that 100mg/week puts most people in the 600-700 range.  (high/average for guys our age).   150 puts people up in the 900 range.   200 will put you over 1200.   

Now I am not saying that there is a huge difference between 700 and 1200 blood levels as I dont believe so and neither does research support it.   The real magic happens at 300 and even more so at 600 (at least what has been studied).   It is common place for guys these days to do 1000 or 1500mg cycles.   I have never considered trying this.   But it is safe to say there is diminishing returns.   Dont know how strong a 1000mg cycle would be, but my guess is NOT twice a 500mg one.   Probably more like 1.2 or 1.3 the effects.

That is why guys at our age....and in this for the long haul are better run smaller more conservative runs and suffer less sides and less impact on the body

Offline piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 189
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 07:46:54 PM »

200mg/week is higher than any natty will ever be.   Really 150/week will put you right up close to the top.  200 will put you well over 1200. 

200 is the rule of thumb for highest accepted therapeutic dose given normally.  Some docs script this because of old school thought of once ever 2 week injection.   When they measure at the midpoint, sure you are in range, but you have metabolized half the compound already.

If you took that same 200 and took it once a week which docs often script, that is well above "normal" and still well above the highest end.

I have seen that 100mg/week puts most people in the 600-700 range.  (high/average for guys our age).   150 puts people up in the 900 range.   200 will put you over 1200.   

Now I am not saying that there is a huge difference between 700 and 1200 blood levels as I dont believe so and neither does research support it.   The real magic happens at 300 and even more so at 600 (at least what has been studied).   It is common place for guys these days to do 1000 or 1500mg cycles.   I have never considered trying this.   But it is safe to say there is diminishing returns.   Dont know how strong a 1000mg cycle would be, but my guess is NOT twice a 500mg one.   Probably more like 1.2 or 1.3 the effects.

That is why guys at our age....and in this for the long haul are better run smaller more conservative runs and suffer less sides and less impact on the body

That's the range I'm hanging out with with 100mg per week. I've averaged ~660 over the past 4 checkups. That's getting blood drawn 4 days after my injection, which is when my Dr wants me to have it done. He says the 4 days is a good indicator. Only thing I have to be mindful of is my RBC has been creeping up. My Dr has me take a baby aspirin to, in his words "keep the sludge flowing".
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Offline Ramrod

• www.RamrodReviews.com
    • Ramrod Reviews
  • Height: 5,10
  • Weight: 198
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 01:14:16 AM »
Good info here, I was put on TRT last Monday. 200mg EOW

He wants me to do my next Blood draw 2 weeks after my last shot. Basically come in the day of my shot, but do labs before I take it. Once he has me where he wants it. I'm breaking what ever dose he has me at down to twice a week shots.

Which he is ok with. But the next few months will be interesting.
181/198 Pounder, Equipped sometimes
Squat - 54 0/ 625
Bench - 340 / 476
Deadlift - 550 / 676