Author Topic: Slingshot wraps for occlusion training  (Read 1691 times)

Online induced_drag

• Global Moderator
  • Height: 69
  • Weight: 195
Slingshot wraps for occlusion training
« on: August 30, 2015, 03:52:31 PM »
As many know I have been experimenting with occlusion training for a while now.   I am VERY excited about it and wanted to continue to work it in.  Only hard part was wrapping my arms by myself.   This was really a chore and half the time I would be unsuccessful.   I have a hard time reaching over myself and tucking in the knee wraps was difficult with one hand.

I came across Mark Bells "sling shot" multi purpose wraps.   They are like slightly tougher wrist wraps with a longer Velcro patch so you can use them on larger diameter areas.    I ordered a pair of 42" ones to try for wrapping my arms.   These work GREAT and the way the loop is designed, I can easily pull off putting these on.   They are not cheap ($40 a pair), but they look well made and really did not have any other options. 

These also will be nice to wrap various parts if overuse injuries start to creep up.

http://www.amazon.com/Sling-Shot-Multi-purpose-Wraps-Mark/dp/B00G2DULXK

Online sakustoms

• Veteran
  • OVER HERE GETTING FAT!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
Re: Slingshot wraps for occlusion training
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 07:08:18 AM »
Although I know it's not entirely the same thing, that reminds me of the ACE bandage I use to wrap my bicep when doing back work or heavy shrugs.

It's got an adjustable velcro/plastic type hook on the end and easy to do one handed.

Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275