Author Topic: Squat everday  (Read 3353 times)

Offline Gannicus99

• Height: 5 feet 7 inches
  • Weight: 175-180
Re: Squat everday
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2015, 02:47:45 PM »
   I don't max out everyday. I generally work up to a triple or single with something that I don't have to get fired up for. As soon as I think I am going to grind a rep, I shut it down. I only low bar squat once a week. The rest of the week I alternate from a front squat, High bar squat, pause high bar and safety bar squat. I do have to wear knee protection as my knees ache from time to time.
  My low bar This week I did a very easy 250 kg for a triple (belt & wraps). I train mostly in my home gym and squat in the mornings. After work in the evenings I do the rest of my workout of whatever is scheduled for that day. I train at a local crossfit place from time to time when I go for new maxes.
 It's something I wanted to try and I enjoy doing it. My legs grew dramatically and I am stronger.How much longer I will continue remains to be seen.

Online BigDaddy

• BigDaddy is in the house
  • Height: 6'6"
  • Weight: 255
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2015, 03:02:36 PM »
I don't squat everyday, but now that I'm doing full-body workouts with my son 3 days a week, I'm doing some form of squat 4 times a week now. 

I'll squat with him one day (lighter weight/higher reps), do the power squat machine another day with him (lighter weight/higher reps).  Then for my normal 3 day split I'll squat heavy one day, at least for me, along with front squats or leg press.  Then on another day I do the Power Squat Machine for heavy sets.

On the other day with my son I do deadlifts for lighter weight/higher reps, and then on the 3rd day of my split, I hit deadlifts heavy.  I work some part of legs every day I go to the gym.

I've seen good progress on squats in the last few months, so I think the alternating heavy days and light days agrees with me, along with the increased frequency.
"If you want something you have never had, you must be willing to do something you have never done."

"Donít tell me what you canít do ó you donít know what you canít do. What you think you canít do is only what you wonít do."

Offline drudixon

• Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 197
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2015, 05:46:34 PM »
I did 4 weeks of Swedish frequency training.  Same routine every day.  3x5 between 55-75% intensity depending on the day.  Every lift went up a lot except squats. No idea why.  I stopped because weighted pullups were making my elbows hurt like hell.  Will definitely do again.