Author Topic: Ab Question... again  (Read 2126 times)

Offline Huntforfun

• GFX Vault - Forum
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 156
Ab Question... again
« on: May 14, 2015, 10:39:46 PM »
So I know the "abs are built in the kitchen" statement is true, ive been grinding, and my abs are really starting to manifest lately. However, I dont really have a "core" day, I just do crunches, situps, planks, etc. after whatever part I worked for the day, sort of like a bonus. My question is , is this the most efficient way? I do it every other day too. I know aside from the chest it usually takes about 24 hours for muscles to recover on average so that is why I do it every other day. But my friend told me to do it every day? Help please, in a rush to get these bad boys out and about before the peak of summer, thanks!
I intend to tell fate its my turn to take the reigns.

Online Get-n-fit

• HEAVY WEIGHT IS A BITCH, MAKE IT YOURS!!
Re: Ab Question... again
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 09:52:24 AM »
Abs are small muscle group, you can hit them every day
IG: Tourostrengthtraining
Lift light, until you can lift right
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Online induced_drag

• Global Moderator
  • Height: 69
  • Weight: 195
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 10:10:45 AM »
I dont do and never have done any direct core work.  Squats, deadlifts, standing ohp, bent rows.....hell if you want to get tricky, do overhead squats.

Take the effort you put into your abs and do squats or dead.   Yes there are programs where you can squat 3 times a week or more!

Offline Huntforfun

• GFX Vault - Forum
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 156
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 04:29:45 PM »
I dont do and never have done any direct core work.  Squats, deadlifts, standing ohp, bent rows.....hell if you want to get tricky, do overhead squats.

Take the effort you put into your abs and do squats or dead.   Yes there are programs where you can squat 3 times a week or more!

sounds ineresting, id like to improve my leg strength too, ill look into this thanks!
I intend to tell fate its my turn to take the reigns.

Offline flat6nut

• Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 205
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 06:48:49 PM »
Lmao