Author Topic: What to do?  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Huntforfun

• GFX Vault - Forum
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 156
What to do?
« on: April 12, 2015, 07:06:47 PM »
So lately Ive been making good progress on my overall physique and fitness. I was 200 lbs 6 month ago and now im hovering around 150 with alot of gains acquired and left to accomplish. However one of my main goals is getting a 6 pack for summer  8).

Now Ive been getting close, I know in order to get them to emerge I have to have a low body fat percentage, not sure what Im at right now, but Ive got about a 2 pack, on good days a 4 pack showing. However I think in order to get the full 6 pack I have to stop shredding fat (I dont want to be too skinny) and start working out my core more (as I seldomly worked it out in the past)

What Im essentially asking is, what are good excersizes to get them to emerge? Im feeling really bad and guilty because I was so close and I cheated the past 3 days (its my birthday weekend) and now the 2 pac is barley there... I dont want it to fully submerge again haha.

so....

more cardio? more core workouts? if so which ones?

what got your abs to peak?

I did fasted cardio like twice this week, I feel like it helped but I fucking hated it haha. Will probably do it again this week because of my guilty conscious from eating bbq and cake.
I intend to tell fate its my turn to take the reigns.

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
Re: What to do?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 07:15:05 PM »
Most experienced lifters will espouse the "abs are built in the kitchen" mantra, but I feel like if you have small flat ab muscles, they are not gonna show if your BF is a little higher. Decline crunches, straight leg hanging leg lifts and wood choppers are the big ones I try to keep in my ab day.
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Offline Trev71

• This space intentionally left blank
    • YouTube
  • Height: 5'10.5"
  • Weight: 230
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 01:00:19 PM »

Traps are  the new Abs... get with the program... you are behind the times.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/traps-are-the-new-abs

Online induced_drag

• Global Moderator
  • Height: 69
  • Weight: 195
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 02:33:03 PM »

Traps are  the new Abs... get with the program... you are behind the times.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/traps-are-the-new-abs

Finally....something falls my way ;)  I can do traps ;)

As for abs, I dont work those directly either.....and I am not blessed with "popping" abdominal section.   But, working heavy compounds has developed mine quite a bit without 'direct' work.   Just my .02....but you wont catch me doing crunches in the corner.   

Offline birdiefu

• Too klutzy for Oly lifting
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 163
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 04:46:07 PM »
I find that abs, like other muscles, get more defined at the same BF% after subsequent bulk/cuts. At what BF% you need to be for *yours* to show is probably not the same as others.  I don't do much direct ab work, mostly just rely on heavy compounds. But I will throw something at the end of squat/DL days like (just one of) standing cable crunches, hanging leg raises, ab rollouts, or pallof presses.

Offline BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 07:10:47 PM »
Squats.  If you can hold a 400lb bar on your back, your abs are developed.