Author Topic: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting  (Read 74578 times)

Offline Merkley

• I pretend to lift from time to time.
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: Whatever the mirror tells me...which is fat most days
Re: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting
« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2015, 04:55:39 PM »
Torture bike ahaha

Dude, I'd rather get my septum pierced again than do cardio....seriously I hate it that much.

:o No thanks Jeff!!!!!

Awwww! come on! it'll be fun! (truth be told, worst piercing for me ever! P.A and nips were a walk in the park compared)

I just burst out laughing from this comment (during a business meeting might I add, true story)
“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2015, 10:51:24 AM »
03/24/15

-BOR's-

Barx15
135x10
230x6
230x6

-Incline D-bell Press-

40x10
55x10
70x10
70x8

-One Legged Split Squat Press-

Sledx10
135x10
245x10
245x10

-Parallel Bar Dips-

BWx15
BWx15

-Torture Bike-

10 min

Total time= 40 min

I was in a mood today and it showed. I upped in reps or weight or both in every exercise today. Big improvements over the past couple of weeks.

“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Offline Nuh

• Just Doin' Me
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 127
« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2015, 02:09:17 PM »
Glad to see you getting into the swing of things!

And LOL @ torture bike!
Dana

HBE=Hen Baby Embryos

"Gonna be stupid...gotta be tuff" - Knothead

Offline Merkley

« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2015, 02:53:03 PM »
Glad to see you getting into the swing of things!

And LOL @ torture bike!

Thanks! It's nice to see my strength slowly returning and creeping up some old PR's. I'm confident that I'm going to beat them this year (at least on squats and deads).

Oh man! I hate the torture bike. I hate anything that is cardio (unless its the steps it takes to the fridge or sex)
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2015, 08:58:02 AM »
03/26/15

-Squats-

135x10
225x5
275x3
315x3
375x1 - JUST below parallel...not happy with it. +15 lbs
375xFAIL

-Seated Rows-

105x10
150x10
195x10 +15 lbs
195x10 + 15 lbs

-Bench Press-

135x10
185x3
225x3
245x1
265x1 +10 lbs

-Hammer Strength Shrugs-

2 Platesx10
4 Platesx10
6 Platesx10
8 Platesx10 + 2 reps
8 Platesx10 + 2 reps

-Torture Bike-

N/A

Total Time= 55 min

Today I used my Pendlay Do Wins for the first time. It was like strapping your foot onto a 2x4, very solid! Foot had zero wiggle room and it felt my feet were glued to the floor. I don't have much more to say about them at this point, I'm gonna need a few more squat sessions under my belt before I give more detail about what I think and how they feel.

I increased in weight or reps with everything today. My bench was off, but I did managed a proper 265....I'm getting closer to 300. My squat increased in weight (375) as well, but I didn't like that I barely made it past parallel, so I tried again.

This is the first time I have ever truly failed at squats, what a surreal feeling! I was dropping into the hole and suddenly it was like the power was instantly shut off in my legs and down I went! Thankfully I was smart enough to have the sissy bars in place! There was no theatrical crash/bang like I was expecting, Just a nice soft clunk and that was that.

Whew!

Rows I've been increasing weight every week while maintaining my rep range which is cool.

Shrugs I upped 2 reps, running out of room on the machine for weights! I have room for one more 45 each side and then I'll be working on increasing rep range.

– Socrates

Offline 43Diesel

• Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 191lbs
« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2015, 09:07:37 AM »
Solid work out there.

I'll be waiting on the write up for the shoes, seems to be a good thing though

Sissy bars= life saver sometimes
Glad you didn't get hurt
The only person you need to be better than
Is the person you were yesterday

I lift heavy things and put them back down

Dave

Offline Get-n-fit

• HEAVY WEIGHT IS A BITCH, MAKE IT YOURS!!
« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2015, 02:54:33 PM »
Great work Merkley, can't believe it's your first squat fail, lol   Don't worry about it, it happened and it will happen again, it's all part of pushing your limits.  A few months back I was squatting up 500 and almost locked out and the weight slipped own my back.  I squat in a rack so it landed on the safeties, but my elbows torqued back and they hurt for a week or so. Want to talk about LOUD! 500lbs banging metal safeties is f'n loud.  I've also been on the other end when squatting down and your just pinned down and the weight just won't move and you have to embarrassingly roll on your knees and get.  Anyways, Failure is always an option, not trying is not.
IG: Tourostrengthtraining
Lift light, until you can lift right
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Online sakustoms

• Veteran
  • OVER HERE GETTING FAT!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
« Reply #187 on: March 27, 2015, 07:10:05 AM »
Torture bike ahaha

Dude, I'd rather get my septum pierced again than do cardio....seriously I hate it that much.

:o No thanks Jeff!!!!!

Awwww! come on! it'll be fun! (truth be told, worst piercing for me ever! P.A and nips were a walk in the park compared)

I just burst out laughing from this comment (during a business meeting might I add, true story)

Glad I could be of service. ;)

375 squats? Great job dere mang. Keep killing it. :thumbsup:
Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline Merkley

« Reply #188 on: March 27, 2015, 02:11:11 PM »
^^^^ Thanks!

The squats are coming along nice, I cannot wait for my belt and knee sleeves....see if they will help a bit :)
 – Socrates

Online sakustoms

• Veteran
« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2015, 02:18:47 PM »
^^^^ Thanks!

The squats are coming along nice, I cannot wait for my belt and knee sleeves....see if they will help a bit :)

Expecting to see 400 sooner than later. ;)
Eric

DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline Merkley

« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2015, 02:25:02 PM »
Great work Merkley, can't believe it's your first squat fail, lol   Don't worry about it, it happened and it will happen again, it's all part of pushing your limits.  A few months back I was squatting up 500 and almost locked out and the weight slipped own my back.  I squat in a rack so it landed on the safeties, but my elbows torqued back and they hurt for a week or so. Want to talk about LOUD! 500lbs banging metal safeties is f'n loud.  I've also been on the other end when squatting down and your just pinned down and the weight just won't move and you have to embarrassingly roll on your knees and get.  Anyways, Failure is always an option, not trying is not.

I gotta say it was a weird sensation having my legs fail like that. Though to have it slip off my back....yeesh! That had to have been quite the experience! I think I would rather fail out at the bottom and have the bars catch it! lol.

– Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2015, 02:25:50 PM »
^^^^ Thanks!

OOOOOOOOH! I cannot wait! Gonna have to figure out a way to vid that lift or fail!
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2015, 02:42:16 PM »
03/27/15

-Parallel grip chin ups-

BWx13- +1 rep
BWx9- right hand slipped

-Seated D-bell Press-

30x10
50x10
70x10 + 10 lbs
70x8 - pooped! +10 lbs

-DEM RAKK D3@Dz-

135x10
225x5
315x7
315x8

-Barbell Curls-

30x5
60x5
80x5
100x6 +1 rep
100x6 +1 rep

-Torture Bike-

Said "Fuck it!"

Total time = 45 min

Up in reps or weight in all exercises. Little miffed about my chins though, my right hand kept wanting to slip, like it had grease on it. I did as best as I could until finally my hand did slip and I had to bail. I'm pretty happy being able to do over 20 chin ups at 209 lbs. D-bell seated presses I had to work for! Hell the last set I bombed at 8 rather than getting the full 10. Oh well, gonna shoot for more reps next week. Rack Deads was about higher rep range this week. I'm impressed that just 2 weeks ago I was doing 225 for 10 and was dying, today I was doing 315 for close to the same reps and felt I had more in me. I decided to be a rebel today and used chalk, fuck it.

Barbell curls were...boring as usual. I really hate working arms, it's so dull. One of those things I do because I have to.

– Socrates

Online sakustoms

• Veteran
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2015, 08:57:05 PM »
^^^^ Thanks!

OOOOOOOOH! I cannot wait! Gonna have to figure out a way to vid that lift or fail!

Um, hello smart phone, cheap video camera?? Flex, Lisa???? Geez man, do I gotta do all the thinking around here??  ::) ;D

You're welcome.
Eric

DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2015, 11:37:06 PM »