Author Topic: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting  (Read 73538 times)

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
  • OVER HERE GETTING FAT!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
Re: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2015, 10:12:41 PM »
What happened with the PR?

I squatted 360 today and thought it was a PR on squats, however it wasn't until I got home and looked at some old logs and even backtracked to a previous comment I made earlier on in my journal that my personal best on squats is 375, not 360....So the PR I thought I hit....wasn't a PR at all.

That sucks but don't worry, I went out and had a victory dinner for you.

Steak, chicken and shrimp fajitas, and they were damn good.

Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline Little Tim

• Updated profile pic
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 2-frickin' fluffy-40
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2015, 11:00:02 PM »
In for 2015 squat PR!

See, it's all about perspective.

Offline Merkley

• I pretend to lift from time to time.
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: Whatever the mirror tells me...which is fat most days
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2015, 08:57:51 AM »
What happened with the PR?

I squatted 360 today and thought it was a PR on squats, however it wasn't until I got home and looked at some old logs and even backtracked to a previous comment I made earlier on in my journal that my personal best on squats is 375, not 360....So the PR I thought I hit....wasn't a PR at all.

That sucks but don't worry, I went out and had a victory dinner for you.

Steak, chicken and shrimp fajitas, and they were damn good.

Awww thanks! Your the best! What are bros for, right? lol

In for 2015 squat PR!

See, it's all about perspective.

Yes, this is true. It's all about perspective. Right now I'm coming close to hitting both my squat PR and dead PR, bench......well that's gonna be a little more work. Hopefully I'll hit that this year as well.
“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2015, 04:04:45 AM »
To be quick, it's 4 am and I'm heading into work to plow. After such I'm most likely going to a walk in clinic and see what the hell I can do about a reaction I'm getting to either detergent, deodorant, or whatever. It's been happening for a couple weeks and I've barely slept as a result.

Shoulder is getting better, much better. Still vulnerable though...

No gym today.

“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2015, 06:46:58 AM »
Hate when that happens. A couple years ago I started getting all these little red bumps all over, mostly on my legs and lower back. When I scratched them I would get long raised welts from scratching. They itched like hell.

Not sure what they were but thankfully they eventually stopped. Good luck.
Eric

DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline Merkley

« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2015, 07:38:33 PM »
Update.

Monday- No gym, stomach flu (I managed long enough to finish plowing snow and went home)
 Tuesday- No gym, stomach flu

That is all.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:01:02 AM by Merkley »
 – Socrates

Offline Nuh

• Just Doin' Me
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 127
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2015, 12:07:52 PM »
Did you ever figure out what you were having a reaction to?

Hope your stomach bug goes away. Husband had it last week. Was some bad stuff!
Dana

HBE=Hen Baby Embryos

"Gonna be stupid...gotta be tuff" - Knothead

Offline Merkley

« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2015, 02:51:25 PM »

I didn't unfortunately, it calmed down and then flared back up just as I had gotten this stomach flu. So far it has stayed calm over the past couple of days (though the skin seems a little chapped where the rashes broke out) Hopefully I can swing by a walk in once I am done work and see if they can give me some clarity (or an apt for allergy testing)
 – Socrates

Offline Nuh

• Just Doin' Me
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2015, 11:32:38 AM »

I didn't unfortunately, it calmed down and then flared back up just as I had gotten this stomach flu. So far it has stayed calm over the past couple of days (though the skin seems a little chapped where the rashes broke out) Hopefully I can swing by a walk in once I am done work and see if they can give me some clarity (or an apt for allergy testing)

My sister had something similar happen. Went through testing and everything and they could not determine what it was from so they said she had chronic hives. LOL! She dealt with it coming and going for almost 3 months. All of a sudden... it was gone and it has not happened since.
Dana

HBE=Hen Baby Embryos

Offline Merkley

« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2015, 01:37:11 PM »

My sister had something similar happen. Went through testing and everything and they could not determine what it was from so they said she had chronic hives. LOL! She dealt with it coming and going for almost 3 months. All of a sudden... it was gone and it has not happened since.

Oh that is weird! But then again the body is a strange thing indeed!

Nothing too special to report today, woke this morning and still this flu is dragging. But I'm feeling the best I have felt since Monday morning. Hoping I can hit the gym tomorrow morning! I'm missing it!
 – Socrates

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2015, 08:53:14 PM »
Sorry to hear brother. Hope you heal up real soon.
Eric

DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline Little Tim

• Updated profile pic
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 2-frickin' fluffy-40
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2015, 06:39:36 AM »

I've had a few rounds of very mild viral dermititus.  It's usually just something you gotta let run its course,  or get some antibiotics if it starts getting too much.   But yeah,  looks like a little skin reaction.

Offline Merkley

« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2015, 08:39:03 AM »
Mernin'

The rashes seemed to have both calmed down which is relieving (which is nice, I'm sleeping waaaay better). This morning was either the tail end of the flu OR an IBS episode. Either or I spent a hefty amount of time "indisposed" this morning and missed out on the gym yet again... :banghead:

It is what it is I guess.

On a good note it's Friday and it's payday Friday no less, WOO! and on such a wonderful day of all days I decided to do something positive, constructive, something to win over the managers and fellow employees!....I toilet papered the living shit outta the ass mans desk, his phone, computer in all it's entirety, lodged his chair under his desk (T.P'd that as well), disconnected his keyboard AND mouse, put his monitor on it's side, and finally taped a message saying "Happy Friday Bobert" to his monitor (he will find this once he unwraps his monitor).

Muh haw haw haw!  :satan:

– Socrates

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2015, 09:42:29 AM »
Mernin'

The rashes seemed to have both calmed down which is relieving (which is nice, I'm sleeping waaaay better). This morning was either the tail end of the flu OR an IBS episode. Either or I spent a hefty amount of time "indisposed" this morning and missed out on the gym yet again... :banghead:

On a good note it's Friday and it's payday Friday no less, WOO! and on such a wonderful day of all days I decided to do something positive, constructive, something to win over the managers and fellow employees!....I toilet papered the living shit outta the ass mans desk, his phone, computer in all it's entirety, lodged his chair under his desk (T.P'd that as well), disconnected his keyboard AND mouse, put his monitor on it's side, and finally taped a message saying "Happy Friday Bobert" to his monitor (he will find this once he unwraps his monitor).

Eric

DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline Nuh

• Just Doin' Me
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2015, 10:28:01 AM »
Mernin'

Haha!!! Classic!

Well hopefully you are over the crud you have had and can get back to a regular routine.
Dana

HBE=Hen Baby Embryos