Author Topic: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting  (Read 70926 times)

Online sakustoms

• Veteran
  • OVER HERE GETTING FAT!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
Re: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2015, 09:19:18 PM »
Happy V-day to all you dirty mothers!

Well to those of you that actually celebrate V-day, those of you who don't (like my wife and I) may I wish you a happy Saturday!

Why don't we celebrate V-day?

Because everyday is V-day for us! I don't need some dumbass one day outta the year holiday to profess my love for her!! I believe in doing that every goddamn day! So cupid and his overpriced flowers, chocolates, bullshit v-day special menus, and everything else can go FUCK OFF!!!  :deadhorse:

Training is off the table for today, my IBS is acting up BAD! I haven't had an attack like this in awhile. So I'm gonna stay close to the bathroom, drink my coffee (I know coffee is a double edged sword in this situation but.....I don't want cramping, shitting, AND have a caffeine headache on top of it), check out some DUP style programs geared for strength and.....clean the house  ::)

I have zero affinity for Valentines day. It's nothing more than a hyped up day to get people to spend money on crap they otherwise wouldn't. Besides, I don't have a girlfriend.  ;D

My grandson had a wrestling tournament today, he won 1st place. Afterwards my son, daughter inlaw, 2 grandsons, my ex-wife and I all went out to lunch for my daughter inlaws birthday. Then I got to drive my fwd car with low profile performance tires home ( 45 minutes + ) in the snow. FML :flame:

Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline Merkley

• I pretend to lift from time to time.
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: Whatever the mirror tells me...which is fat most days
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2015, 09:32:02 PM »
And I think once this one heals Im gonna go back and get the initials on my arm recolored, didn't realize the fade until the new one

I just had the Koi and the water recolored and had more water added. I've already got an idea of what I'm adding to that piece next. Sometime in the next couple months.

Hurray for that! *Raises coffee mug full of water*

My next apt is for March 10th @ 6:30pm. Hopefully one of my last apts for my right arm....then on to the left. But I will need some time off from getting tatt'd over the next little bit, really want to focus on my training. Getting my strength back to where it was and pushing beyond those limits are my main priority at the moment.
“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Online sakustoms

• Veteran
  • OVER HERE GETTING FAT!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2015, 09:44:33 AM »
And I think once this one heals Im gonna go back and get the initials on my arm recolored, didn't realize the fade until the new one

I just had the Koi and the water recolored and had more water added. I've already got an idea of what I'm adding to that piece next. Sometime in the next couple months.

My next apt is for March 10th @ 6:30pm. Hopefully one of my last apts for my right arm....then on to the left. But I will need some time off from getting tatt'd over the next little bit, really want to focus on my training. Getting my strength back to where it was and pushing beyond those limits are my main priority at the moment.

Yea, the next will most likely be the last for that arm too. Make sure you post up pics when you get it done.

I definitely need to work on my strength too. I need functional strength as well.  :S
Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline Merkley

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2015, 09:59:55 AM »

Yea, the next will most likely be the last for that arm too. Make sure you post up pics when you get it done.

I definitely need to work on my strength too. I need functional strength as well.  :S

I was going to post some pics yesterday....and then I found  the "Tales from the Fitness Factory"

I think that speaks for itself....I wish there was more!!! I read that whole damn thing in one shot, completely hooked!

....soooooo gooooood!

Strength....you just can't have enough of it (IMO)

and now for something completely different!

“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Offline tobymax

• Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 169
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2015, 05:03:59 PM »

Well to those of you that actually celebrate V-day, those of you who don't (like my wife and I) may I wish you a happy Saturday!

Because everyday is V-day for us! I don't need some dumbass one day outta the year holiday to profess my love for her!! I believe in doing that every goddamn day! So cupid and his overpriced flowers, chocolates, bullshit v-day special menus, and everything else can go FUCK OFF!!!  :deadhorse:

Training is off the table for today, my IBS is acting up BAD! I haven't had an attack like this in awhile. So I'm gonna stay close to the bathroom, drink my coffee (I know coffee is a double edged sword in this situation but.....I don't want cramping, shitting, AND have a caffeine headache on top of it), check out some DUP style programs geared for strength and.....clean the house  ::)

Man, I hope that bout of IBS eases up quickly.  Gotta get back to the gym, right? 

My spouse and I haven't "celebrated" V-day in many years, but this year my sister and bro-in-law were supposed to come to town for the weekend.  It being their 20th anniversary, we had made reservations at a nice restaurant, and bought fresh flowers and some Maker's 46 bourbon to have at the house.  Then they had to cancel at the last minute.  So we kept the reservations and went out for a great dinner, then drank the good bourbon and wondered how long it would be until we have to throw away dead flowers.  Ah, romance.
PRs:
OHP 140 - 8/27/15
BP 245 - 4/7/17
DL 345 - 8/26/15
Squat - ugh
Leg Press 670x2 - 12/10/15

Offline Merkley

« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2015, 06:29:05 PM »

Man, I hope that bout of IBS eases up quickly.  Gotta get back to the gym, right? 

My spouse and I haven't "celebrated" V-day in many years, but this year my sister and bro-in-law were supposed to come to town for the weekend.  It being their 20th anniversary, we had made reservations at a nice restaurant, and bought fresh flowers and some Maker's 46 bourbon to have at the house.  Then they had to cancel at the last minute.  So we kept the reservations and went out for a great dinner, then drank the good bourbon and wondered how long it would be until we have to throw away dead flowers.  Ah, romance.

LOL, well at least you both had a nice romantic dinner :))))
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2015, 06:10:47 AM »
 Morning! Here is the post from last night that I never made it....

"Happy Sunday!

Another day missed for training today

Rather, I spent my day with Mrs. Merkley relaxing, cleaning, etc. On Sundays we normally go out for a breakfast date. We go to a local restaurant for crepes, french toast, etc, etc, etc. Phenomenal food, wonderful atmosphere, and well priced!

The knuckles are healing well, but I have a good inkling the ink isn't going to hold well and I'll be going in for touch ups soon. This is normal for tops of hands and knuckles, the skin is different in these areas and it's a real cunt to get the ink to stay sometimes. It's all individual of course.

My lower back is feeling like a slab of concrete, and my hips are just not wanting to co-operate. I've tested some bodyweight squats and I am barely able to keep my lower back from rounding and getting low enough...

But! I'll keep grinding.

Part way through my post I received a text from my RMT if I'd like an apt for this evening (8:03pm). I jumped on it of course....though the "shorter" session he had wanted to squeeze me in for ended a "little" longer than we both had anticipated (I didn't leave the clinic until 11:30pm!!)

:o :o :o "

So there was my post, it's now 6:09 am and I'm having some wicked IBS attacks (since 3am) I'm hoping I can get everything outta my system and hit the gym for 8am this morning....*fingers crossed*
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:38:53 AM by Merkley »
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2015, 07:42:46 AM »
Gym's a no go  >:( >:( >:( >:(

But I'm being proactive by doing some stretching, exercises to help my back/legs, do some foam rolling later, and some meditation. Get myself in a good place for tomorrow! Shits or no shits, cramping or no cramping, I will go tomorrow.

I hate IBS......
 – Socrates

Offline piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 189
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2015, 10:38:43 AM »

But I'm being proactive by doing some stretching, exercises to help my back/legs, do some foam rolling later, and some meditation. Get myself in a good place for tomorrow! Shits or no shits, cramping or no cramping, I will go tomorrow.

I hate IBS......

That sucks. My son has Crohn's disease. Was diagnosed when he was 5. He's now one month away from 17. Still struggles with it on and off.
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Offline Merkley

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2015, 02:39:14 PM »

I hate IBS......

That sucks. My son has Crohn's disease. Was diagnosed when he was 5. He's now one month away from 17. Still struggles with it on and off.

I still remember my first attack, I was 8....I'll never forget it!!! Oh man!!! But thankfully it has become far more manageable, though there are days (especially if I slack on eating right)
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2015, 03:22:43 PM »
Checked my weight today....207 lbs! Fuck me Freddy! I'm turning into one fat fuck. I'm beginning to think I need to start reigning in the eats...lighten the load. Personally, the weight I see on the scale doesn't bother me all that much. It's more what I'm seeing in the mirror.

So I'm gonna start sharpening things

CHO 162g
PRO 202g
FAT 70g
FIBER 52g

So that'll make my cals 2084.

I'll use this as a starting point and adjust accordingly.
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2015, 09:50:40 AM »
02/17/15

-Deadlift-

135x10
225x5
275x3
325x1
375x1
400x FAIL -SOOOOOOO CLOOOOOOOSE!

-Incline Bench Press-

135x10
185x5
205x2
225x1
245x FAIL

-Dumbbell Shrugs-
50x10
75x10
105x5x2

-Dumbbell Curl-
20x10
40x5
50x6x2

Today's workout wasn't quite to spec (meaning I didn't follow my training protocol). But to be honest I needed a small change of pace. I was testing my max on deadlift and I was damn close on the 400! Honestly my head wasn't where it needed to be and I bombed out but I was damned happy with it, had I used a belt (or had Flex actually showed up today) I think I would have nailed it. SO DAMN CLOSE!!!! (and of course I gave the cleaner a big eff you by using chalk today...thank you very much)

Bench was ok, it was all about adjusting that's it, that's all.

Shrugs and curls....who really gives a shit about those? It's just accessory crap.

I was hoping to get in 15 of HIIT on the bike or elliptical, but I ran outta time.

Time to drop the purple drank, muh branched chainz

– Socrates

Offline piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 189
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2015, 02:26:24 PM »
Must be feeling better if you got a workout in.

Spec smeck....sometimes a change of pace is good for the soul and the body!
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Offline BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2015, 02:33:22 PM »
Nice work.  Those missed reps are on Flex.  :D

Offline Merkley

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2015, 03:02:00 PM »
Must be feeling better if you got a workout in.

Spec smeck....sometimes a change of pace is good for the soul and the body!

Any time I can train and under load I DON'T get scared I might shit myself is a good workout! and that makes me feel better :)))) So yes it made me feel better to train today.

Change is good, your right. :)

– Socrates