Author Topic: Be positive, Appreciate, Elevate.  (Read 129512 times)

Offline Stile

• Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 170
Re: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting
« Reply #1455 on: December 04, 2019, 11:44:54 AM »
15 inches cold here. Been there for a long time. Don't see it going up anytime soon...

Online Merkley

• Self love my friends, appreciate, elevate.
  • Weight: Working on making it better.
« Reply #1456 on: December 06, 2019, 07:36:57 AM »
15 inches cold here. Been there for a long time. Don't see it going up anytime soon...

There is always steroids or oil injections :P
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1457 on: December 06, 2019, 09:40:01 AM »
WEEK 5

GB CHEST:

It was a really solid workout. It was one of those I felt like I was 20 so I took advantage of it.

I started to take Curcumin (2000 mg/daily) a few days ago and my elbow pain has gone down considerably. The anti inflammatory effects of curcumin are legit. There is a good chance I'm going to be using this long term alongside ashwagandha KSM-66 w/ 5% withanolides (900 mg/daily) and St.John's Wort (900 mg/daily).

Anywho, today I'm gonna need an extra serving of potatoes...it's leg day.

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1458 on: December 09, 2019, 08:28:57 AM »
WEEK 5

GB LEGS/BICEPS:

My legs feel like they went through a meat grinder. These past 2 leg workouts have had me feeling like I haven't worked legs in 6 months or more. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing.

Since I took an additional day off from the gym (business/family time) I've broken up my arm day to keep things somewhat on track. So tonight when I do chest/back I'll do triceps.
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1459 on: December 10, 2019, 09:40:30 AM »
WEEK 5

GB CHEST/BACK/TRICEPS/CALVES:

By the time I was done my chest, back, triceps, and calves all felt like over inflated balloons! I managed to get all this done in an hour and a half, which in my opinion isn't too bad.

Weighed in at the gym and I was 221. Motherfucker.....and then this morning I was 215  :P I prefer my morning weigh in's let me tell you, such a mind fuck. But regardless of the fact I REALLY do need to get onto another cut. My cut break was mildly successful. From 230 to 201 back to 215....so mildly successful. This time I'll go for a 20 lbs cut and see if I can get myself to 195.

I need to take this cut thing serious, my will power is shit.

#thickboi4life

EDIT - It was pizza day today....things didn't go well.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 01:32:48 PM by Merkley »
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1460 on: December 12, 2019, 07:54:24 AM »
WEEK 6

GB BACK:

Things are ramping up. Not to divulge too much information but doing 10 sets of deadlifts, whew! This was AFTER everything else I had done. This morning my back doesn't feel too bad...this will change I'm sure.

Tonight is chest and I have a feeling it's gonna be epic.
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1461 on: December 16, 2019, 10:08:50 AM »
WEEK 6

GB CHEST:

All went well on the western front so to speak, nothing to really report.
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1462 on: December 16, 2019, 10:14:35 AM »
WEEK 6

GB LEGS:

Legs were going well until I had to stop mid workout to go help the owner of the gym with ceiling tiles, not a big deal for the most part however it did force me to miss out on part of my workout (gym closes early on the weekends).
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1463 on: December 18, 2019, 08:16:47 AM »
WEEK 6

GB CHEST/BACK/ARMS:

I had to combine the chest/back workout with arms a couple days ago to keep myself on track. I had to move things around, life happens. Luckily enough the entire workout consisted of giant sets on everything! This really cuts down on time. I was in and out in an hour and a half. I really enjoyed the challenge of doing an entire workout of giant sets (4 exercises on the same muscle group back to back). Whew!

My elbows have started to flare up again, bad. I was putting away a casserole dish last night and came close to dropping the damned thing! I want to say this is all stemming from tightness in my biceps, forearms, and even triceps. I think it's time for more aggressive measures in dealing with this....
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1464 on: December 18, 2019, 08:20:58 AM »
WEEK 7 DELOAD WEEK 1 OF 2

GB BACK:

Back to back back workouts! YASSSS! Sore arms, sore back, but we kicked all the ass! Weeks 7 and 8 are deload weeks. I like John's approach to deloads. Instead of backing off on weight you back off on volume.

The way I've been feeling, I think a couple weeks of deload will serve me well.
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1465 on: December 23, 2019, 07:45:42 AM »
WEEK 7 DELOAD

GB CHEST:

Chest went well, although I need to take things down a notch. I continue to bring things to a RPE 9-10 (pushing to failure) and I need to back it off to 7-8 and let my body rest a bit, especially my right shoulder/elbows.

– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1466 on: December 23, 2019, 07:57:04 AM »
WEEK 7 DELOAD

GB LEGS/ARMS:

I put both arms and legs into one workout, life happened and I had to move things around. Elbows were screaming something fierce but a little bengay (which totally doesn't do fuck all) and some elbow sleeves and a way we went! Legs went really well, although I missed an exercise. I misread my workout and overlooked d-bell RDL. So I'm going to get those done tonight.

– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1467 on: December 24, 2019, 08:31:02 AM »
WEEK 8 DELOAD

GB BACK:

Everything went really well...for the most part. I have to honest in saying I am so bad at strict lat pulldowns. Doing 8 reps with 160 is brutally hard for me...it's embarrassing especially when you compare it to my rowing movements.

Oh well, you cannot be good at everything, right?

Anyways, I hope you're all having a great day.

– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1468 on: December 30, 2019, 08:33:14 PM »
WEEK 8 DELOAD

GB CHEST:

Chest was...nothing to write home about. Forearms are in bad shape, I can barely hold a frying pan in one hand without massive pain. I've been spending a fair amount of time looking up different ways to deal with it.

– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1469 on: December 30, 2019, 08:36:58 PM »
WEEK 8 DELOAD

GB LEGS:

I went in and banged out legs, again nothing to write home about. I've been doing a lot of poking and prodding in my biceps/forearms and finding small amounts of relief. I'm hoping I can get things to actively recover and not have to take time off to let things heal.

– Arnold Schwarzenegger