Author Topic: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting  (Read 107964 times)

Online Merkley

• Professional shag rug smuggler
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: In the 2's
Re: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting
« Reply #1440 on: November 20, 2019, 01:25:38 PM »
GB D10: LEGS

Crazy workout, there was some one legged nonsense with iso holds that blew my legs right up. I don't think I have ever had this crazy of a pump!

Tire season is upon us and we have some of our apprentices in school and one of our hourly guys quit so I'm spending most of my day on the floor slugging tires.

Shit is getting tough
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1441 on: November 20, 2019, 01:27:00 PM »
GB D11:

ARMS

Again major pumps, although arm days are fucking brutal on the elbows. I think it's time to get those compression sleeves/cuffs for the elbows.

Tire season is not making things easier on the elbows
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1442 on: November 20, 2019, 01:28:04 PM »
GB D12:

CHEST/BACK

Supramax pump....that's all I have to say.

– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1443 on: November 21, 2019, 08:58:39 AM »
GB D13:

BACK

BEEN DOING A LOT OF SINGLE ARM STUFF, LOTS OF STRETCH HOLDS, AND AGAIN MASSIVE BACK PUMP. I'VE NEVER REALLY BEEN ONE THAT HAS HAD REALLY GOOD MIND TO MUSCLE CONNECTION FOR MY LATS. WELL THIS IS SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN SLOWLY IMPROVING SINCE THIS PAST SUMMER AND SINCE STARTING GAMMA BOMB IT HAS INCREASED SUBSTANTIALLY!

– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 183
« Reply #1444 on: November 21, 2019, 04:28:44 PM »
Sounds like the workouts are awesome!
Did you buy that program? Looked it up but it was expensive 😳
☻/
/▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
/ \

Online Merkley

« Reply #1445 on: November 22, 2019, 08:24:09 PM »
GB DAY 14:

LEGS

Two words: DROP SETS!

:Pukes:

– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1446 on: November 22, 2019, 11:20:24 PM »
Sounds like the workouts are awesome!
Did you buy that program? Looked it up but it was expensive 😳

I've been loving the program so far! Yeah it is on the pricey side but well worth it's weight in my eyes.
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1447 on: November 25, 2019, 09:02:04 AM »
GB DAY 15:

ARMS

Solid arm workout. I was squeezing the muscle so hard during the workout that my arms were sore 30 min after the workout. 15 lbs dumbbells can go a long way.

I need to restructure my diet and re-focus on my long term goals. I've been struggling with this a lot lately. I keep trying to lighten the load but as soon as my shirts start to loosen in the ego sections and my strength goes down I tend to fuck things up.

(sigh)

This has been a struggle for me for so long. I cannot believe that I keep sabotaging myself.

BUT I keep trying and I have to get it right at some point.
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1448 on: November 28, 2019, 07:51:08 AM »
GB BACK/CHEST:

(I'm changing the format since my GB DAY XX is not accurate at this point and it's too much effort to fix.)

I continue to improve on my mind to muscle connection for back. I'm able to add weight (in small increments) now which is nice. I am between plates on a few things (meaning at 50 lbs something is perfect for reps required but at 60 lbs I lose the mind to muscle forcing me back to 50 lbs) but in time that will change.

Elbows are in a bad place right now. I'm having to wear my compression elbow sleeves all the time. They provide a decent amount of relief but I know I need to find the source of the issue and correct it or do ongoing correctional work.

– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1449 on: November 28, 2019, 09:00:42 AM »
GB BACK:

SO MANY CHINS...SO BAD AT CHIN UPS. It's embarrassing how bad I am at these. Strict form I get about 6 flailing around like an idiot maybe 8...and that is with neutral grip any other grip and my left elbow shits the bed.

But I'm ok with it, it's a work in progress.
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1450 on: December 02, 2019, 08:46:29 PM »
GB CHEST:

Pretty steady as she goes, nothing to really write home about. Although at the end of the workout I did a couple of things I've never done before. I did over and back press and 6 ways (6 ways I have renamed 6 paths of pain). Both are shoulder destroyers! I hope to see more of those in the near future.

– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1451 on: December 02, 2019, 08:51:31 PM »
GB LEGS:

There was the reoccurring theme of "drop set of death".

My legs were/still are shot (this training session was from a few days ago).

– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1452 on: December 02, 2019, 08:57:11 PM »
GB ARMS:

Elbows are not doing well at all right now, making arm day my most unenjoyable training day. But don't worry! I'm still getting the work done (not that you were worried in the first place I am sure).

Besides the elbows being assholes...THE PUMP WAS FUCKING REAL WOO!

– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1453 on: December 02, 2019, 08:59:38 PM »
GB CHEST/BACK/SHOULDERS:

It was a pamp day! There was much pamping! Pamping and Pamping and Pamping.

(My poor Grammarly addon is going completely nuts right now, lol!)
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

« Reply #1454 on: December 04, 2019, 09:21:53 AM »
WEEK 5

GB BACK:

Training went well. I walked out of the gym feeling like thick boi.

I cannot believe it's been a month on this program, time is flying by! Right now I'm really happy with my back improvements. Mrs.M was mentioning how my back has responded to the training. I'm secretly hoping my arms will hit 18' cold flexed while doing this program.I'm.so.fucking.close. (17.75). Now if only my calves were that close, lol.

– Arnold Schwarzenegger