Author Topic: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting  (Read 105403 times)

Offline Merkley

• Professional shag rug smuggler
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: In the 2's
Re: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting
« Reply #1425 on: October 30, 2019, 08:30:26 PM »
A lot of nice numbers and lotta great sessions in there. Somedays that PR is there, somedays its not though. Somedays my DL could fluctuate 25 pounds depending on what I ate/what time I worked out/what song I was listening to.

Thanks so much. I agree, there are many factors that can go into a hit or miss lift. Unfortunately last night it just wasn't there, c'est la vie.

BUT! I'm super happy regardless of last nights outcome. Tomorrow makes 23 squats days this month, last night was the only time I failed any of my lifts.

Tomorrow we kick all the asses!
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1426 on: October 30, 2019, 08:31:07 PM »
Nice work man, either way that was a great accomplishment. Tough to say how much accumulated fatigue was there too, I imagine there was lots.
I had a shit day on deads, 405 x 1 and walked away. Gravity was heavy that day...

Thanks Dood! Gravity can be a real dick some days.
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1427 on: October 31, 2019, 09:56:21 PM »
SQUATOBER DAY 31

"END GAME"

LIGHT UPPER BODY MOBILITY

BENCH PRESS
BARX30
135X3
185X3
225X1
250X1
270X1
285X1
300X1

SQUATS
BARX10
165X10
185X10
205X10
225X10
245X10 -PR  8)

CARDIO
WALL SITS
15SEC SIT
15SEC BREAK
15SEC SIT
15SEC BREAK
15SEC SIT
15SEC BREAK
15SEC SIT
15SEC BREAK
15SEC SIT
15SEC BREAK
15SEC SIT
15SEC BREAK
15SEC SIT
15SEC BREAK
15SEC SIT
15SEC BREAK
15SEC SIT
15SEC BREAK
15SEC SIT

FIN

I finished Squatober with a nice 3 hundo bench and a 245x10 PR. Not too fucking shabby indeed.
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
« Reply #1428 on: October 31, 2019, 10:53:09 PM »
Fuk yeah!
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1429 on: November 01, 2019, 10:28:21 AM »
Fuk yeah!

Yesterday had it's redeeming qualities with that 245x10 and the 300 bench. I needed that after my PR Party shit show on the 29th.
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1430 on: November 05, 2019, 05:51:40 PM »
Evening,

I had the intention of taking a few days off from training after doing Squatober (Fri-Sun). Well that has been extended a little bit. Sunday I started feeling rough and over the past couple of days I've been feeling like I'm on the brink of getting something nasty. As it stands my voice sounds like I'm going through a nasty puberty and I have zero energy. I'm hoping tomorrow I begin to see improvements because I'm really excited to get into my next phase of training.

14 weeks of...

GAMMA BOMB

by John Meadows

This is going to be a great addition to the other programs I have done so far this year.

In review of this year so far I have worked my way through;

PHUL (12 weeks)
Warrior Elite (6 weeks)
Charles Glass Essential Bodybuilding routine (12 weeks)
SQUATOBER (4 weeks)
+ a couple deload weeks and a couple/few weeks of going into the gym and doing whatever the hell I felt like.

During this program I'm not going to be as detailed with my logs as I normally would, I'm sure you can understand why. There will be mention of what day it is (Push, Pull, Legs, etc.) and some things I feel are worth noting (training PR's, nutrition, weight, personal thoughts blah, blah.) and that's about it.

I'm excited to get this on the move, just got to shake off this bug first.

Cheers!

– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1431 on: November 07, 2019, 10:23:04 AM »
GB D1:

PULL DAY

Welcome to Mountain Dog training.

:o

This pull day was deceivingly easy and truly a humbling experience.

I'm really looking forward to see how much I physically and mentally grow from this training program. My initial impressions are holy crap this is gonna one hell of a ride.

Currently 213-ish lbs. Of the 30 lbs I lost over the summer I have managed to keep off 17 lbs. Throughout Sept and Oct I had increased my calories, especially during October. I would like to think that of all the weight I put back on at least a pound or two was muscle built or at the very least put back on. During these next 14 weeks I'll be concentrating on cutting again and seeing if I can get into the 190's if not the 180's.

– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1432 on: November 07, 2019, 07:56:10 PM »
GB D2:

PUSH DAY

Boobs, boulders, more deception, more humbling. 10lbs dumbells can go a long way if you know how to use them right. It's been a long time since I was so torched I couldn't put a jacket on nor take a shirt off.

Kinda scared for the DOMS tomorrow.

Mobility work for my lower half needs to be a full time thing. I haven't done mobility work since last week and I'm really starting to feel it.

– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1433 on: November 08, 2019, 09:02:45 PM »
GB D3:

LEGS

Solid leg workout.

I made sure to start things off with AGILE 8. By the end of that my legs felt healthy and happy and ready for some work. I put my legs through there paces and they did very well with what I had to do. Compared to what I just put my legs through with Squatober this was a cake walk.

Tomorrow we do arms!
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1434 on: November 09, 2019, 03:47:49 PM »
GB D4:

ARMS.

Arms were cranky and not liking anything I did today. However, I did get to do some exercises that I haven't done in 15 years! It was fun :) I may have to get some strong elbow sleeves/wraps in the near future and see if they help a wee bit when doing arms.

– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1435 on: November 11, 2019, 03:00:06 PM »
GB DAY 5:

BACK/CHEST/SHOULDERS

I was on the move to get this workout done. The gym closed at 5pm and I was there at 5 after 4....so I was hustling. Thankfully I managed to get everything all done and with 5 min to spare.
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1436 on: November 12, 2019, 11:27:37 AM »
Monday - OFF.

Side note: I've been using Myfitnesspal for quite some time and recently had myself up to 247 days in a row of logging in (as of the night before last.) Well last night I logged in and the damn thing told me I was on day 3....what in the flying fukbar?  :S

I am not a happy camper, MFP can go fornicate with an extra thorny cactus!
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1437 on: November 13, 2019, 07:28:10 AM »
TUESDAY - OFF

Side Note : I've had to shift my days off these past couple of weeks, but so far I haven't missed a workout.
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1438 on: November 14, 2019, 11:23:45 AM »
GB D8:

BACK

After two days off from the gym I was feeling a little more refreshed and on the attack, although getting to the gym was biggest challenge. I just wanted to stat home, cook, clean, and get to bed early. However, I got my ass to the gym and had a great workout. Numbers are up from last week, and I'm feeling a little more comfortable with some of the exercises. The mind to muscle connection is getting stronger as well.

Today has been filled with tire throwing, rolling, lifting, stacking, etc. Tonight's workout may be a bit of a challenge...that's ok, I like a challenge.  ;D
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1439 on: November 15, 2019, 09:01:53 AM »
GB D9:

CHEST/SHOULDERS

Last nights workout went really well. I was exhausted from all dealing with tires yesterday but I managed to muster up the energy to go and kick all the ass. This morning I'm feeling it, but that's ok. What's not ok though is sleeping a severely broken 6 hours, and I'm talking severely broken. I've been up since 3:30 am.

I guess it's going to be a A LOOONG day with a ball busting leg work out to end it all.

Time to kick Friday right in the dick, it's gonna be a good day!
– Arnold Schwarzenegger