Author Topic: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting  (Read 70966 times)

Offline Merkley

• I pretend to lift from time to time.
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: Whatever the mirror tells me...which is fat most days
Re: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting
« Reply #1005 on: July 23, 2017, 10:58:56 AM »
My semi enjoyable trip to Hell today....

10 min Rowing @ 2:30
KB Swings x 30 (80 lbs)
Pull up x 12 (BW)
Lat Pulldowns x 24 (180 lbs)
Cable Rows High x 20 (180 lbs palms down)
Cable Rows Low x 20 (180 lbs palms up)
Bicep Cable Curls x 10/per hand (40 lbs, right elbow couldn't take anything heavier)
Bicep Curls Supination x 50 (20 lbs)
10 min Rowing @ 2:20

This was done for 4 rounds....I am seriously fuckin' cooked!!!! I mean 240 bicep curls, 304 reps for back, plus all the rowing which beats both my arms and back.....as I said, cooked!

I can already foresee I will be in the tub doing some soaking later, prepping for tomorrows beating...'cause I know I'm gonna get one.
“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1006 on: July 25, 2017, 06:30:55 AM »
Monday Bench

I got to the gym early and did 40 min of rowing. AVG was 2:30/500m nothing special but after a full days work, running on empty I was satisfied. Plus I was pacing myself a bit since I still have bench to do after.

Bench
Barx10
135x10
155x10
175x20
175x15 immediately dropped to 155 lbs and did another 5 to get my 20 total
165x15 immediately dropped to 135 lbs and did another 5 to get my 20 total

~Fin~

By the time I was done this I was fucking cooked. I went to try push ups...nope. I fell flat on my face 4 times, I was shaking like a leaf and half way through a push up my body would simply fail.

Pretty happy with the 175 for 20  8)
“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1007 on: July 25, 2017, 06:45:23 AM »
Tuesday 5 AM cardio

30 min rowing @ 2:40/500 m

I was fighting with IBS all morning. It began at 4 am and left me in the washroom until 4:45 am. While rowing I was dealing with bad cramps which slowed me down, I did the best that I could mind you.

Hopefully tomorrow will turn out to be a better day IBS wise, whew!
 – Socrates

Offline piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 189
« Reply #1008 on: July 25, 2017, 11:03:05 AM »
Tuesday 5 AM cardio

I was fighting with IBS all morning. It began at 4 am and left me in the washroom until 4:45 am. While rowing I was dealing with bad cramps which slowed me down, I did the best that I could mind you.

Damn, that's rough powering through with cramps like that!
Was it a food trigger or stress do you think?
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1009 on: July 26, 2017, 04:34:12 AM »
Tuesday 5 AM cardio

Damn, that's rough powering through with cramps like that!
Was it a food trigger or stress do you think?

Oh it sucked the fuckin' bag! I'm quite certain it was a couple new condiments I grabbed. Both are from Wiegmans Choice, one is a BBQ sauce, and the other is a Mayo.  :-[
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1010 on: July 26, 2017, 06:44:20 AM »
5 am Cardiuh

Rowing @ 2:26 min/500 min. 8201m in 40 min.

PR!

8)

I'm still sitting at 199-200 lbs. Though the belt continues to need adjustments, this is a good thing.

Useless factoid of the day: It's not even 7 am and I've downed 3 litres of water. I'm going for 12 L today, let's see if I can make it. (yesterday I managed 8 with no trouble)
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1011 on: July 27, 2017, 06:28:24 AM »
Wednesday SURMER D34Dz

5 min rowing
 6 min stretching
 Barx10
 135x10
 225x10
 295x12
 315x12
 315x12

-Fin-

Pretty sure this was a major rep PR day. I have never done 315 for multiple sets at a higher rep range. I think for 315 I've done maybe 6 tops, I could be wrong however. I have nor the time or ambition to figure out how much of a PR this would be. I'm 95% sure it's a PR.

ION

I've been water loading this week and thankfully I'm now past the worst stage (2 days of 12L of water) I'm happily back down to my semi normal 4L, I prefer 6L. Tomorrow I'm down to 2L and then Sat, Sun, I'm down to 1 L and weigh in on Monday.

I know it may seem dumb to be doing water loading with the intentions of losing more weight for a weigh in that means absolutely nothing...but I wanted to try it out and gain the experience.

This mornings rowing was....nothing to write home about. After last nights deads my back and shoulders were fucking done. The entire time I was rowing it felt like someone had lit my shoulders and lats on fire!!! It was a real shitty 30 min!!!! But I managed through and did the best I could.

In any case, time to get ready for work. Have a great day everyone!

– Socrates

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
« Reply #1012 on: July 27, 2017, 01:06:40 PM »

I know it may seem dumb to be doing water loading with the intentions of losing more weight for a weigh in that means absolutely nothing...but I wanted to try it out and gain the experience.

I water loaded for my last meet and did my 1st 2X bodyweight squat. If I had been 4-5 lbs heavier I wouldn't be able to claim that statistic.
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 183
« Reply #1013 on: July 27, 2017, 03:32:38 PM »
Monster deadlift volume! Great job man, I water/sodium/mag citrate and zero carb loaded for my meet, not to mention spitting in Dave's car for 5 hours lol. Dropped 11lbs in 6 days...not fun.
☻/
/▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
/ \

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1014 on: July 28, 2017, 06:37:49 AM »

I water loaded for my last meet and did my 1st 2X bodyweight squat. If I had been 4-5 lbs heavier I wouldn't be able to claim that statistic.

:bigthumb:
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1015 on: July 29, 2017, 12:01:09 PM »
Monster deadlift volume! Great job man, I water/sodium/mag citrate and zero carb loaded for my meet, not to mention spitting in Dave's car for 5 hours lol. Dropped 11lbs in 6 days...not fun.

Thanks! Those deads were rough, always rough for me.

I cannot imagine going through that much for a meet or any kind (respect on pulling off 11 lbs in 6 days, sounds like a brutal journey). I'm simply water loading and I have to admit this has been the worst part of my cut, no shit. I'm on 1 litre of water for today and tomorrow. I have the fuckin' pasties so much, I just want to chug water until my stomach cannot take anymore.

I won't be trying this out for a while....a long while.

– Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1016 on: July 29, 2017, 12:04:58 PM »
Squatems.

3 min rowing
 8 min stretching
 Barx12 (all were paused at the bottom for 3 sec)
 95x10
 165x6
 215x12
 235x12
 235x12
 235x12

200 BW squats.

Body weight of 193.4 lbs
 – Socrates

Offline BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #1017 on: July 29, 2017, 03:24:03 PM »

Body weight of 193.4 lbs

Yes.  Now I am big Ron and you are little Ronn.

Working hard man.  Keep it up.

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 183
« Reply #1018 on: July 29, 2017, 04:31:32 PM »
193! Nice buddy! Great job on those ridiculous 12's on squats!
☻/
/▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
/ \

Offline Merkley

« Reply #1019 on: July 30, 2017, 11:23:31 PM »

Body weight of 193.4 lbs

Yes.  Now I am big Ron and you are little Ronn.

Working hard man.  Keep it up.

Dun, dun, dun the tables have turned!!! Thanks 😎
 – Socrates