Author Topic: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting  (Read 73639 times)

Offline Merkley

• I pretend to lift from time to time.
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: Whatever the mirror tells me...which is fat most days
Re: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting
« Reply #630 on: November 03, 2015, 06:01:52 PM »
When do you get test results back?

I have more shit to do unfortunately, I have to go Nov 6th (this Friday) for another apt.

:-[
“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #631 on: November 03, 2015, 06:02:46 PM »

If I don't train I'm easily stressed and grumpy which in turn raises my blood pressure....so what is the worse of the two evils?

That you blow out an aorta in your brain, causing cerebral damage leaving you a vegetable and unable to enjoy Pop Tarts......

Pop Tarts??? Damn, I love me some Pop Tarts.

#heaven
“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #632 on: November 03, 2015, 06:04:06 PM »
-Sumo Deads-

135x10
205x5
205x10
225x5
225x10
275x5
275x5
275x5

-Dreaded Tread-

10 min 3 incline 2.9 speed

~Fin~

Kept it light, worked on volume and technique. I spent a lot of time working on the deads so I ran outta time to get the full 30 min on the tread. Though I’ll be dropping off the car to Mrs. M tonight so the walk home will be about 30 min (I’ll take the long scenic route, like I did last night).

Once my hips were warmed up the sumos felt great! I was getting great speed off the floor and throughout the lift in fact. I’m going to spend the next while working on sumos and see which style of deads suites me best. I did find I need to work on pulling the weight more with lats during lockout.

Tonight I did another 30 min of walking so I made up for the lack of dreadmill work this morning
 – Socrates

Offline BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #633 on: November 03, 2015, 06:15:24 PM »
It took me a while before they stopped hurting my groin.  I feel a lot more comfortable now, but still way weaker than conventional.  Don't give up on them.  Train both and see how it pans out.

Offline Merkley

« Reply #634 on: November 03, 2015, 06:28:04 PM »
It took me a while before they stopped hurting my groin.  I feel a lot more comfortable now, but still way weaker than conventional.  Don't give up on them.  Train both and see how it pans out.

To be honest I was pounding more reps sumo than I do with conventional and without killing myself

Who knows? this might give me that coveted 500 lbs dead I'm looking for.
 – Socrates

Offline BLK00TJ

« Reply #635 on: November 03, 2015, 06:31:17 PM »

To be honest I was pounding more reps sumo than I do with conventional and without killing myself

Um... you're only a pair of 10s and 2.5s away now.  ;) 

Offline Merkley

« Reply #636 on: November 03, 2015, 06:35:26 PM »

Um... you're only a pair of 10s and 2.5s away now.  ;)

Good point...though I haven't come close to that since August :((( Especially right now with this BP nonsensicles
 – Socrates

Offline BLK00TJ

« Reply #637 on: November 03, 2015, 06:41:04 PM »
I have a feeling if you keep up with trying to lean out, your BP will come down to acceptable levels.  I was pre-hypertensive when I was 210+ but it came down to acceptable levels when I got leaner.  I haven't check it in too long and should probably check myself.  I have one a pretty accurate home machine that I used to use to monitor when my wife heckled me about it.

Offline Merkley

« Reply #638 on: November 03, 2015, 06:50:55 PM »
I have a feeling if you keep up with trying to lean out, your BP will come down to acceptable levels.  I was pre-hypertensive when I was 210+ but it came down to acceptable levels when I got leaner.  I haven't check it in too long and should probably check myself.  I have one a pretty accurate home machine that I used to use to monitor when my wife heckled me about it.

At this point I have no real choices but to lean out...not just for my personal health but also so I can whoop your ass in 165 class.

BRING IT OOOOOONNNNNN!!!!....I just really hope all goes well with the BP crap.

– Socrates

Offline BLK00TJ

« Reply #639 on: November 03, 2015, 06:53:17 PM »

At this point I have no real choices but to lean out...not just for my personal health but also so I can whoop your ass in 165 class.

I'm done with 165. ;)  You can have it.  I didn't like lifting the same weights as I could at 181.  I'd rather just lift more now.

Offline Merkley

« Reply #640 on: November 03, 2015, 07:07:04 PM »

I'm done with 165. ;)  You can have it.  I didn't like lifting the same weights as I could at 181.  I'd rather just lift more now.

LOL, well 181 class...I might as well kiss my ass good bye because I'll be owned there. Whereas in 165 with the weight I can push that gives me something to work with. The idea is to maintain in the 165 class and eventually hit a 1400-1500 total.
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #641 on: November 04, 2015, 06:08:46 PM »
Today was brought to you by the letter "O"...."O" as in "O"ff.

Today was my day off from the gym, but I did make sure to get my walking in (which was about an hours worth, seriously).

Tomorrow I have bench and then Squats on Friday. Also I have my doctors apt on Friday in the afternoon, I REALLY hope that he'll give me the thumbs up (and possibly some meds to keep things stable) and kick my ass out the door!

I'm so hungry for a 600 lbs squat and dead.....I'm so close! especially with 500 right around the corner!
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #642 on: November 05, 2015, 06:37:13 PM »
11/05/15

-Bench-

Barx20
115x20
135x20
135x20
135x20
135x20

-Dips-

-Tricep pushdown-

75x20
75x20
75x20
75x20

-Pec Dec-

105x15
105x15
105x15
105x15

-Standing calf raises-

65.7kgx20
65.7kgx20
65.7kgx20
65.7kgx20

~Fin~

Since heavy weight isn’t much of an option as you all know I figured I would hammer out some high rep stuff. Holy man! Talk about a way of shaking things up, whew! I feel like I blew my chest apart. Anyways, I’m going to get my walk in tonight after work rather than sitting on the dreadmill.

Edit: I walked for close to an hour
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #643 on: November 06, 2015, 05:37:11 PM »
FYI, I hate technology somedays...mainly when it fucks up.

Running a Thomson modem for the internet (it doesn't have wifi)

So I'm piggy backing a TP-link modem router for its wifi capabilities. It has been working just fine, suddenly it all took a shit and now I cannot get it all to work.

FFS!

– Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #644 on: November 07, 2015, 10:13:52 AM »
11/06/15

-Squats-

Barx10
135x10
135x10
135x10
135x10

-Leg Press-

225x10
225x10
225x10
225x10

-Standing Calf raises-

85kgx10
85kgx10
85kgx10
85kgx10

~Fin~

Ok so now that that is out of the way.....

I went to see my doctor today for my blood pressure. To sum it all up....I CAN CONTINUE TO POWERLIFT!  8)

– Socrates