Author Topic: Be positive, Appreciate, Elevate.  (Read 134739 times)

Online Merkley

• Self love my friends, appreciate, elevate.
  • Weight: Working on making it better.
Re: Be positive, Appreciate, Elevate.
« Reply #1545 on: July 05, 2020, 12:41:25 PM »
July 4th
10.01 km run 6:41 min/km
1.18 km walk
1.20 km walk

July 5th
12.78 km run
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online Merkley

• Self love my friends, appreciate, elevate.
  • Weight: Working on making it better.
Re: Be positive, Appreciate, Elevate.
« Reply #1546 on: July 30, 2020, 08:16:45 AM »
I'm alive.

Lots of running (avg 25 km a week), running PR's (5km in 28 min), and now biking has been added to the mix.

Over the past month or so I have slowly built up what I like to call the torture chamber. I have a decent elite Chrono hydro mag "classic" bike trainer, speed and cadence sensors for the rear hub and crank arm of the bike, ANT+ adapter for my laptop, HDMI'd to a 50-inch tv, rubber flooring, fans, the road bike itself, and of course a very tolerant wife for letting me convert part of the living room into this.  :P

I'm using the bike twice a day at this point to get my body (mainly my ass) adapted to biking as quickly as possible. The idea is to start bike commuting for the next few months, just to try something new. I'm looking at 26 km round trip, currently, I'm biking 10 km in the morning and most recently 13 km in the evening. So hopefully by next week I'll be doing 13 k in the morning and 13 k in the evening. With the long weekend coming up it seems like a good opportunity to do a test bike to work and back just to see how it feels. With these new lifestyle changes I may have to make some adjustments to my running schedule.

Resistance training has fallen off. Perhaps with stage 3 getting the green light recently, I'll reactivate my gym pass and get back to hitting the weights.

We shall see...

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger