Author Topic: Egg thread GTFIH  (Read 9098 times)

Offline tobymax

• Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 169
Re: Egg thread GTFIH
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2015, 01:04:03 PM »
I still love soft boiled egg and soldiers.  Afterwards, I like an extra piece of toast with a nice coating of marmalade to enjoy with a good cup of English Breakfast tea.

Bumping an old thread that I missed back in December...

Lisa, your pic reminded me of this picture I took when we were in Paris last summer.  We sat and lingered over this breakfast for an hour at this cafe, watching the people of Paris go by.  A single soft-boiled egg isn't much of a breakfast for protein, but it was perfectly wonderful.  Notice the basket of toast and croissants, and the butter and jam.  It was all gone before we left.  The orange juice was fresh squeezed to order, with a big lever machine at the bar.

Back on topic, I love poached eggs.  I make three or four of them for breakfast on weekends, put them on toast, and let the runny yolk soak into the bread. 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 02:00:55 PM by tobymax »
PRs:
OHP 140 - 8/27/15
BP 245 - 4/7/17
DL 345 - 8/26/15
Squat - ugh
Leg Press 670x2 - 12/10/15

Offline LisaSkinnoble

• Mr Flexy's Happy Protégé
  • Height: 5'6"
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2015, 03:35:22 PM »
^^ That looks absolutely heavenly!  Frothy coffee too! 

From what I understand, that is precisely how breakfast should be done in Paris.  I am told that the ubiquitous paper coffee cup we North Americans always have on the run is seldom seen in Paris.  People sit and drink their coffee and converse or watch the world go by, or otherwise linger.  It sounds perfect to me!
Last meet lifts:  245/125/285
April 2017:  235/130/255

"You know, there's nothing damnable about being a strong woman. The world needs strong women." — Ginger Rogers

“Don’t go bacon my heart! I couldn’t if I fried…”

Offline Cali

• Matt
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 195
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2015, 05:40:49 PM »
Everything in the US and related countries has been adapted for efficiency. We don't have time to wait for coffee to-go, while in other countries they insist on coffee, tea, or some beverage after a meal.
EVERYTHING you put in your body matters IF you want to reach your maximum potential.

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2015, 07:55:03 PM »
Everything in the US and related countries has been adapted for efficiency. We don't have time to wait for coffee to-go

Down South it used to drive me crazy how slow people were. Where I live we all want to get through with what we're doing and on to the next thing. After awhile I got to realize that hurrying to get another thing to hurry through wasn't really all that great. I grew to enjoy a conversation in a grocery line, looking around a bit and taking in my surroundings.

I don't get upset at an old Man squinting at his receipt and checking off the prices in his fading memory, the Woman who gets her checkbook out after everything has been rung up, or the Woman with an Iphone paying with a WIC check.

The people who break up purchases into separate transactions - for that I will cut them like a fresh fish  >:(

;D
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Offline LisaSkinnoble

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2015, 10:13:25 AM »
Everything in the US and related countries has been adapted for efficiency. We don't have time to wait for coffee to-go, while in other countries they insist on coffee, tea, or some beverage after a meal.

I have my first coffee in the car with my boss.  From a little indie coffee shop in Bloor West Village, I get a dark roast for me and an Americano for her.  We sip from the ubiquitous paper cups and talk our way into work.

Our second cup is either coffee or tea, in a bone china Royal Albert mug, in her office chatting.  Sometimes we chat about work, sometimes it's all personal.

On the days I work from home, and on days off, there is no paper cup.  A Denby potbellied stoneware mug (still made in England). 

"You know, there's nothing damnable about being a strong woman. The world needs strong women." — Ginger Rogers

Offline Cali

• Matt
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2015, 09:34:31 PM »
My coffee mug
EVERYTHING you put in your body matters IF you want to reach your maximum potential.

Offline Little Tim

• Updated profile pic
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 2-frickin' fluffy-40
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2015, 10:08:45 PM »
My coffee mug

Saw a tattoo of that sans subtitle once, had to ask. Turned out to be a master's degree working on their phd, credited much of their college career to coffee.

Offline Cali

• Matt
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2015, 11:02:13 PM »
My coffee mug

Saw a tattoo of that sans subtitle once, had to ask. Turned out to be a master's degree working on their phd, credited much of their college career to coffee.

I wouldn't get that tatted onto myself, but I've seen worse. Like someone with a BMW logo tattoo.

Offline LisaSkinnoble

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2015, 12:01:24 PM »
Tomato and Basil Scrambled Eggs

2 tablespoons finely sliced onion
6 eggs
6 large fresh basil leaves, minced
10 grape tomatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
salt and pepper, if desired
bacon grease or butter

Directions:

In a large frying pan, saute onions in bacon grease on medium heat for about 1 minute. (You could, of course, use a non-stick pan with a quick spritz of olive oil instead). Add eggs, basil, salt and pepper, cook for another 1-2 minutes, stirring to scramble. Add tomatoes and cheese, stir and remove from heat when eggs cooked through.

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
  • OVER HERE GETTING FAT!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2015, 01:08:18 PM »
Tomato and Basil Scrambled Eggs

2 tablespoons finely sliced onion
6 eggs
6 large fresh basil leaves, minced
10 grape tomatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
salt and pepper, if desired
bacon grease or butter

Directions:

In a large frying pan, saute onions in bacon grease on medium heat for about 1 minute. (You could, of course, use a non-stick pan with a quick spritz of olive oil instead). Add eggs, basil, salt and pepper, cook for another 1-2 minutes, stirring to scramble. Add tomatoes and cheese, stir and remove from heat when eggs cooked through.

Thanks Lisa. Gonna try something like this this weekend.
Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2015, 03:31:48 PM »
Bacon egg and cheese casserole I made yesterday. That's a dozen eggs and 6 slices of bacon.

Eric

DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2015, 07:49:27 PM »
Why only 6?  I used 12slices for mine tonight and would have used all 18 if I didn't snack on some during the cooking.   :drool:

Offline LisaSkinnoble

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2015, 08:47:08 PM »
Nice casserole, Eric!  How do you manage to not have it stick to the pan? 

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2015, 07:06:14 AM »
Why only 6?  I used 12slices for mine tonight and would have used all 18 if I didn't snack on some during the cooking.   :drool:

You know, I don't know. 6 seemed like a good round number. lol

Nice casserole, Eric!  How do you manage to not have it stick to the pan? 

Thanks Lisa. I sprayed the dish with a non-stick cooking spray before pouring everything in. It comes right out then.
Eric

DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline LisaSkinnoble

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2015, 10:23:38 AM »
Avocado Toast with a Sunny Side Egg:

Servings: 1 • Size: 1 toast  • Old Points: 5 pts • Weight Watcher Points+: 6 pt
Calories: 229 • Fat: 10 g • Carb: 23 g • Fiber: 5 g • Protein: 12 g • Sugar: 4 g
Sodium: 223 mg  • Cholest: 186 mg

1 slice whole grain bread, toasted (1.5 oz)
1 oz mashed (1/4 small haas) avocado
cooking spray
1 large egg
kosher salt and black pepper to taste
hot sauce

Mash the avocado, spread onto the toast, fry up your egg, put it on top, season and add a few drops of hot sauce.