Author Topic: #100 DB's  (Read 1704 times)

Online Greg

• Striving to survive
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 226
#100 DB's
« on: September 27, 2014, 08:28:10 PM »
are mind fuckin me right now. Did bench today and handled #235 with no issues, went to #245 and then #255 and same deal with no issues or struggles, really pushing for #275 and hope to reach it by the end of oct. For me it seems the more I bench the better I get and lately have been doing it every other day but have been mixing it up with flat, decline and incline.

Anyways got done and felt like giving the 100's a shot since I have never even attempted them but have donr #90x5 with no issues. I don't usually kick the weights up and so far have been fine with just resting them on my knees and then rocking back and the weights are at the side of my chest and I just press them up...fuckin failed with the #100's and not sure if it was because it was near the end of my session or because my mind is simply playing games and telling me they are heavier than they actually are?

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
Re: #100 DB's
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 08:37:21 PM »
fuckin failed with the #100's and not sure if it was because it was near the end of my session or because my mind is simply playing games and telling me they are heavier than they actually are?

After that BB work you were probably nowhere near ready to dance with DB's you have not pressed before. I'm primarily a DB bencher and 90% of my chest sessions over the years have been with DB's. DB strength for me transfers right over to the BB, but the opposite is not true (for me.)

If you want to own the hundos just start chest day with DB's, hell I have plenty of chest sessions where I never touch a BB. 
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Online Greg

• Striving to survive
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 226
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 08:39:45 PM »
fuckin failed with the #100's and not sure if it was because it was near the end of my session or because my mind is simply playing games and telling me they are heavier than they actually are?

After that BB work you were probably nowhere near ready to dance with DB's you have not pressed before. I'm primarily a DB bencher and 90% of my chest sessions over the years have been with DB's. DB strength for me transfers right over to the BB, but the opposite is not true (for me.)

If you want to own the hundos just start chest day with DB's, hell I have plenty of chest sessions where I never touch a BB.

I rarely use the DB's for Bench press, I do use them for flyes and other work though. Been pushing the BB work a lot and it's paying off so I thought it would transfer over.  :S Anyways next session i'm doing strictly DB's and will easily own the #100's.

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 08:43:19 PM »
Anyways next session i'm doing strictly DB's and will easily own the #100's.

Go ahead and run them 6 weeks and you will be owning a lot more than the hundos, and it wont affect your BB BP at all.
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?