Author Topic: Countryliftin's training log  (Read 2866 times)

Offline Countryliftin

• Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 198
Countryliftin's training log
« on: July 10, 2014, 01:20:39 PM »
Hey guys, new here. I'm on Anabolicminds, but came over here to follow BLK00TJ's training log and see if I could offer some help/encouragement along the way.

I figure while I'm here, I'll throw my log up and get to know you guys as well. Seems like a few of you are in the northeast area and it seems like this board has a pretty good crew.

I train/compete powerlifting, only officially popped the cherry in December 2013. I've been training for several years however, with a few bumps along the road. Torn hamstrings, dislocation SIJ, fractured and buldged discs. Currently nursing a shoulder/biceps tendon issue and some knee problems.

Gym PRs are: 405x2 squat, 330 bench, 545x3 dead.
Meet PRs: 325 bench, 585 dead.

I've trained 531 for over a year, but with the current minor injuries I have kinda just been doing my own thing, working up to a main set of either singles, triples, or reps, then joker sets or whatever. Kinda taking what I learned from 531 and applying it to myself and going by feel now that I have some more experience under my belt. I train at a small gym with a close-knit group of guys in south central PA.

Looking to heal up my nagging injuries and get into a new meet. We are looking at one in November right now.

I'm a Doctor of Physical Therapy student going into my last year of undergrad. So I juggle a few jobs, school, training, and life. I know BLK00TJ through jeeps/offroading which is my other big passion.  I'll be lifting as a Junior 198 for the next few years, until I move into the 220 class that is ;)

Most recent workouts have been squats and pulls. I hit light bench trying to stay conditioned on both those days as well. Nothing super notable, I'll get more detailed at some point. Last night pulled 455x10 then pulled 495+60# in chains for a single. Was pretty happy with that. Got my sights set on murdering 600 and then some come meet time.

Offline AlexanderOmand

• Site Champion
  • Built Like Keg
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: Gaining....
Re: Countryliftin's training log
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 01:24:48 PM »
Welcome aboard!

It's a close knit group of lifters here, and we're always happy to have a new one.  Just no loud music behind Flex's house, and watch out for Fiend, as he may Kerrigan you for random reasons.

Do not fear The Iron, for it does not care.
The Iron is Resolute in Purpose, Steadfast in Intent, Unwavering in Desire, and Immovable in Stature.
Unless acted upon by a Superior Force.
Squat: 545; Bench: 350; Deadlift: 610; Total: 1490

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
  • OVER HERE GETTING FAT!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 01:28:38 PM »
Welcome. Always good to see another lifter and another journal here.

Great group of folks here.
Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Online FLEX

• Administrator
  • Elite Poster
  • B. M. O. C.
  • Height: 5' 10.5"
  • Weight: 270+
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 02:05:26 PM »
Welcome to the Iron Sanctuary.
Powerlifting Meet Bests:

2018.04.28:  620 Squat, 345 Bench, 615 Dead   |  1580 Total
2017.04.29:  610 Squat, 325 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1535 Total
2016.04.22:  600 Squat, 330 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1530 Total
2015.08.09:  600 Squat, 320 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1520 Total

Offline Get-n-fit

• HEAVY WEIGHT IS A BITCH, MAKE IT YOURS!!
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 02:24:44 PM »
Welcome!
IG: Tourostrengthtraining
Lift light, until you can lift right
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline BigDaddy

• BigDaddy is in the house
  • Height: 6'6"
  • Weight: 255
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 03:24:36 PM »
Welcome to the journals!

"If you want something you have never had, you must be willing to do something you have never done."

"Donít tell me what you canít do ó you donít know what you canít do. What you think you canít do is only what you wonít do."

Offline BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 04:31:01 PM »
I'm following.  Looking for secrets to a monster deadlift.  I've been on 531 for 6 months and no progress on my deads :(

Offline Countryliftin

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 05:08:23 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Ron I'll have to take a peak at your pulls, you have a youtube channel?
Well see if there is anything obvious to work on. I saw you were implementing some RPE work. Might just be something as simple as adding in or changing up some work volume in the heavy rep ranges or adding in some speed work, or a small form technicality that is holding you back.

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 05:27:12 PM »
welcome aboard Man, we have a couple members that live in your neck of the woods I believe. Some solid numbers you've got going despite injuries.
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Offline BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 05:52:30 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Ron I'll have to take a peak at your pulls, you have a youtube channel?
Well see if there is anything obvious to work on. I saw you were implementing some RPE work. Might just be something as simple as adding in or changing up some work volume in the heavy rep ranges or adding in some speed work, or a small form technicality that is holding you back.
Only my Jeep stuff is public domain (BLK00TJ).  I like to hide my fat ass from everyone but Sanctuarians who have the link embedded :D  I'll  get yesterday's catastrophe footage together and post up later in my journal.

Offline Countryliftin

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 06:42:33 PM »
Thanks Bando. Yeah, have seen a few PA guys on here. I'm working with a 470 raw bencher (40-44, drug free too) so hopefully that rubs off on me so I'm not just known as a big deadlifted. I recently started squatting correctly/proper depth so those numbers are more modest. As long as the injuries hold off this time around I should have some success over the next few years. My numbers are good now but nothing special. But thank you.

sounds good Ron, I'll check it out then. Working on Artec Trussing and C gusseting my HP30 I just picked up before I do the regear and new ball joints and stuff. It's stupid hot outside though so I keep coming in to cool off. haha.

Offline Little Tim

• Updated profile pic
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 2-frickin' fluffy-40
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 11:06:20 PM »
welcome aboard Man, we have a couple members that live in your neck of the woods I believe. Some solid numbers you've got going despite injuries.

Yup, capital region resident here. Unfortunately my tight knit group that I lift with is me, myself, and I.  Working crazy hours makes lifting at home work for me. 

All the rubbing off I get is from following the journals section here, so I'll be following along in here. 

Offline Countryliftin

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 11:45:33 PM »
I completely I understand. I have several other friends who are like that. Gota make due with what you can. Maybe I'll see you at a meet or something in the area.

Here's my 585 from the meet back in december. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iytuXm8Cebc

My other lifting vids are on there too, nothing special to watch really.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:56:58 PM by Countryliftin »

Offline Little Tim

• Updated profile pic
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 2-frickin' fluffy-40
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 05:36:17 AM »
Definitely moving around some poundage in those vids. Impressed.

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
  • OVER HERE GETTING FAT!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 07:08:14 AM »
I watched the push/pull vid. Impressive. You pulled that first 500 lb dead like it was nothing.  8)
Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275