Author Topic: Anyone Tried RTS?  (Read 4832 times)

Offline birdiefu

• Too klutzy for Oly lifting
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 163
Re: Anyone Tried RTS?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2015, 09:31:44 PM »
I have been doing my programming A-la RTS since Dec 2013, and while the learning curve was a bit steep at first, it has totally paid off for me and is one of the best training decisions I have ever made. One of my problems prior was that I would do WHAT MY PROGRAM said, come hell or high water. Whether that meant ending my training sessions with tons left in the tank but not pushing because I wasn't "supposed to", or about killing myself to make reps/weight on bar that I obviously should not have been attempting because that what my training said I was "supposed" to do.

RTS/autoreg I think may be most helpful for us old crotchety lifters who have an accumulation of old injuries and need to be able to listen to their body to make sure that recovery is happening appropriately. To be able to be ok with your "off" days and just work on form/mobility/something other than just linear weight on the bar increase is something that every lifter eventually needs to be comfortable with, IMO.

I also am a "student" of the RTS classroom, and have learned a ton from Mike T's and Dr. Zourdos' seminars, especially as a science dork.

Offline djflex

• Hey, you gonna finish that sandwich ?
  • Height: 5 6
  • Weight: Pleasantly plump
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2015, 09:43:21 PM »
Good post birdie. I still reading all up on this method. I have rushed into programming before without having my ducks in a row.
Carrots may be good for your eyes,
But booze will double your vision

Online BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2015, 09:55:43 PM »
Thanks for the post birdie.  I'm enjoying the programming so far and making better progress than I ever would have though coming off of 5/3/1.  There's a lot of info in that small book, and I'll likely have to re-read it a few times before planning out my next cycle after my meet.