Author Topic: 5/3/1 ID style... Bout time I journaled SOMETHING!  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Trev71

• This space intentionally left blank
    • YouTube
  • Height: 5'10.5"
  • Weight: 230
Re: 5/3/1 ID style... Bout time I journaled SOMETHING!
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2014, 09:26:06 PM »
Why is this journal stickied???

Expectations of awesomeness ?!

Usually associated with ID threads ?  :o

Offline BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2014, 09:32:24 PM »

Expectations of awesomeness ?!

Usually associated with ID threads ?  :o
^^ nailed it.

Offline TMonkey

• Global Moderator
  • bje me.
    • Monkey Boards
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2014, 11:27:27 AM »

pretty sure so we can make fun of the lack of his posting in it but you would have to ask him to be sure
you want a I-S shirt.  They have sales all the time, get one then.
http://www.zazzle.com/222university*

Online induced_drag

• Global Moderator
  • Height: 69
  • Weight: 195
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2014, 01:30:29 PM »

pretty sure so we can make fun of the lack of his posting in it but you would have to ask him to be sure

I sure didnt sticky it!   I am guessing Flex did it so it would be easier for me to find when I dont post in it! :D

Things are going well.   I am still running 5/3/1 with my stagger.   I am almost under 200lbs now.  (just running a mini cut).

This week I started over on bench.   Working all paused reps.

MON
Bench 245x5
285x5
320x6

(could feel my lack of cals here)   Shoulder starting to hurt too.   Always feel worse when cutting

Tues Squat (deload)

I did not want to go too light so I did box squats to a 6"or7" box  (as low as I can go flexibility wise)
135x5
225x5
315x5
405x3

Thurs, my peak weak of OHP
155x5
175x3
200x3

Today is deads, and I think I start a new cycle.   Last week was a deload, so I repped 405x20 ;)

Program is not what it could be if I were eating, but I am still leaning out little by little.   Got told by one of the younger guys in the gym that I am "popping out all over".   It made me feel good as there were 4 or 5 BIG BIG guys in the gym.   If I am honest though, even though I feel small in comparison, there are very few (none actually) that display good definition.   I think if I were to have some of their body comps, I could easily be 40-50lbs heavier.   Funny things is I still feel 'chubby' in areas.

On one last cool note my buddy incline benched 405 for a single (the guy that beat me in the bench meet).   Dude is a beast!   

Online induced_drag

• Global Moderator
  • Height: 69
  • Weight: 195
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2014, 06:27:09 PM »
Deads tonight.  Going free form here because I cant predict the way my diet will impact.

My peak set was a 585 tripple (full stop reps).   Felt nice and tight.  (647 estimated 1rm)

I then went on to do a back and bicep workout.   

My new thing is eating LOTS of sugar while I train.   I went through about 15 packs of smarties.  (pure dextrose).   I like it.  I am getting GREAT pumps and not suffering as bad as I normally would for eating light.

Offline piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 189
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2014, 09:49:47 PM »
Deads tonight.  Going free form here because I cant predict the way my diet will impact.

My peak set was a 585 tripple (full stop reps).   Felt nice and tight.  (647 estimated 1rm)

I then went on to do a back and bicep workout.   

My new thing is eating LOTS of sugar while I train.   I went through about 15 packs of smarties.  (pure dextrose).   I like it.  I am getting GREAT pumps and not suffering as bad as I normally would for eating light.

So that's why Walgreens has a chronic shortage of smarties!
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr