Author Topic: Running Shoes  (Read 3322 times)

Online Get-n-fit

• HEAVY WEIGHT IS A BITCH, MAKE IT YOURS!!
Re: Running Shoes
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 11:01:09 AM »
Eric, just wondering if you bought some new shoes?   I read a great article regarding shoes and the foot problems people suffer from.....shin splints, flat foot, weak arches.  And it recommended trying to get a somewhat minimalist shoes.  Meaning, no thick healed shoes, this way your foot is working the way it's meant to and you're strengthening the muscles in your feet.  It went on to say how some of the thicker cushioned shoes make it so your feet aren't really working, and as you know when muscles aren't used they atrophy and it can cause the arch in your feet to flatten.

Anyways, I purchased Asics GT2000  about a month ago and have been running a lot in them.  After the first run, I felt pain in my arches, but I ran in them the next day and had no issues at all, and they have been great since then.  I think I paid $70 for them. 
IG: Tourostrengthtraining
Lift light, until you can lift right
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
  • OVER HERE GETTING FAT!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
Re: Running Shoes
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 09:03:22 AM »
Eric, just wondering if you bought some new shoes?   I read a great article regarding shoes and the foot problems people suffer from.....shin splints, flat foot, weak arches.  And it recommended trying to get a somewhat minimalist shoes.  Meaning, no thick healed shoes, this way your foot is working the way it's meant to and you're strengthening the muscles in your feet.  It went on to say how some of the thicker cushioned shoes make it so your feet aren't really working, and as you know when muscles aren't used they atrophy and it can cause the arch in your feet to flatten.

Anyways, I purchased Asics GT2000  about a month ago and have been running a lot in them.  After the first run, I felt pain in my arches, but I ran in them the next day and had no issues at all, and they have been great since then.  I think I paid $70 for them.

Actually no. I just stopped running.  :o

It's been too damn hot out. Eventually I'll get back into it though. I'm going back to working at my brother inlaws bodyshop at night and on Saturdays so maybe when I come home later in the evening I'll try to get out.

Thanks for the tip on the Asics though. I'll check them out.
Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275