Author Topic: Another DL PR  (Read 1857 times)

Offline Cali

• Matt
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 195
Another DL PR
« on: March 14, 2015, 01:53:41 AM »
https://vid.me/hP37

Before you comment about my back/ the form, I know I know.

I was tired, it was my last rep, and I just wanted to get it over with. Nevertheless, my form is much better than when I started, and the weight had gone up.
EVERYTHING you put in your body matters IF you want to reach your maximum potential.

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
Re: Another DL PR
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 09:13:59 AM »
why not lock it out?

That's like fapping until you're there and then just stopping. The lockout and scream is the orgasm of the deadlift.
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Offline Cali

• Matt
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 01:25:56 PM »
why not lock it out?

That's like fapping until you're there and then just stopping. The lockout and scream is the orgasm of the deadlift.

I don't know if it was really visible, but my grip was slipping at the top
EVERYTHING you put in your body matters IF you want to reach your maximum potential.

Offline BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 02:15:41 PM »
Cali, you've made tremendous progress since you first came over to this forum but don't go chasing PRs at the expense of form just yet.  Trust your programming and you'll get to where you're trying to go.

One of the first things I noticed though was you weren't focused.  With deadlifts, it is imperative to be 100% focused on the task at hand and absolute confidence in being successful.  Nothing else should matter.  Not whether others are watching or if your camera man is on the ball and videoing.  Stop looking around like it's a photo shoot.  Don't take your eyes off the barbell and don't just slink down to hold it.  Grab that fucking barbell like you need to pull it off your best girl.

You need to focus on pushing your chest out, get that head in a neutral position, and pull your  shoulder blades down and back.  All that will help you get your back flatter for a safer lift.

You're doing great bud.  Keep up the hard work.

Offline Cali

• Matt
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 02:23:31 PM »
I wasn't looking at the camera or someone to my right, I was looking at the mirror on the wall to see my back.

In terms of form, I've been trying to do Mark Rippetoe's setup with putting your feet halfway under the bar, slightly tilting legs forward, and bending down to grab the bar without moving your hips.

I don't know what it is, but there's a little something that makes or breaks my back form. I have no clue what it is!

I'll try the things you mentioned.

I usually deadlift first, but I did other things first, so I was exhausted. I know that if I hesitate to lift it, I'm just tiring myself out. Wasn't really meant to be a PR, but I couldn't decide whether to put it here or in the vid thread.