Author Topic: Slowly building my own gym  (Read 15682 times)

Offline BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
Re: Slowly building my own gym
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2018, 11:37:12 PM »
My forearms are screaming from all the rows and pulls in the current program.  I miss my neutral grip pullup bar I took down from my joists when I sealed up my insulation so I figured I'd order a multi-grip bar for my rack.  Rogues version was $145 + shipping.  Titan Fitness was $64 with 45 degree bars but was listed as being 42" long.  That is exactly 1" shorter than my Rogue rack's 43" width.  One Titan review mentioned it was 43" so I took a chance.  Yep.  It was 42" so I had to either send it back and wait another week while spending more than double or triple for the Rogue version or shim it with spacers.  I shimmed it with $7 in additional bolts and washers.

I moved my old fat/skinny bar to the back and it really does a good job keeping the rack more stable like a gusset.

Offline piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 189
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2018, 08:55:45 AM »
You stole that shim idea from working on Jeeps (or other 4X4 vehicles) admit it  ;D

Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Offline BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2018, 09:46:24 AM »
You stole that shim idea from working on Jeeps (or other 4X4 vehicles) admit it  ;D

Lol.. I did use washers to lower my skidplate and transfer case one time to stop vibrations until I changed out my driveshaft from a lift.  I probably could have saved some money if I knew where they were.

Offline piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 189
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2018, 10:46:07 PM »

Lol.. I did use washers to lower my skidplate and transfer case one time to stop vibrations until I changed out my driveshaft from a lift.  I probably could have saved some money if I knew where they were.

I was chuckling since when we used to install lift kits at the local 4X4 club it was always someone going "I need X amount of washers to make this damn thing fit".
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr