Author Topic: MD State Prep  (Read 89809 times)

Offline Daniel0636

• Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 135lb
Re: BLKs Training Journal
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2014, 06:55:37 AM »
Squat's look really strong, staying in a surplus sounds like a good plan to me!

Offline Daniel0636

• Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 135lb
« Reply #181 on: April 30, 2014, 06:55:49 AM »
Squat's look really strong, staying in a surplus sounds like a good plan to me!

Offline BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #182 on: April 30, 2014, 11:08:34 PM »
3 days 'til competition
Shit's getting real now.

I haven't really lifted all week long.  Just some mobility exercises and form work with a bar to keep me busy and stay loose.

I packed my gym bag for the meet.  3 sets of shirts, socks, and underwear.  Towel, 2 belts, wrist wraps, knee sleeves, oly shoes for squats, and wrestling shoes for bench and deads.  I also went shopping for foods and drinks for the day.  Alex recommended pancake/peanut butter sandwiches.  I didn't realize I bought a big box of pancake bites, so there are going to be a lot of tiny sandwiches.  Also have some gatorade for hydration and I picked up a new hoodie to keep warm.  My old one would make Belichik proud it's so nasty.  I'm going to cut up an old set of sweatpants so they can be removed with my shoes still on.  I didn't want to invest in track pants.

Weigh in Friday morning @ 11am.

Online sakustoms

• Veteran
  • OVER HERE GETTING FAT!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
« Reply #183 on: May 01, 2014, 07:01:37 AM »
That's awesome. Sounds like you've got a real solid plan for the comp. I can't wait to hear how you do.

Enjoy those tiny pb sandwiches.  ;D

You should have got an IS hoodie. I'm sure you can get one somewhere, no? lol
Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Online Little Tim

• Updated profile pic
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 2-frickin' fluffy-40
« Reply #184 on: May 01, 2014, 07:23:25 AM »
Good luck this weekend.  Try not to let your nerves get the best of you.  Keep updating during the day, and get a few vids.

Online AlexanderOmand

• Site Champion
  • Built Like Keg
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: Gaining....
« Reply #185 on: May 01, 2014, 09:43:28 AM »
3 days 'til competition
Shit's getting real now.

I haven't really lifted all week long.  Just some mobility exercises and form work with a bar to keep me busy and stay loose.

I packed my gym bag for the meet.  3 sets of shirts, socks, and underwear.  Towel, 2 belts, wrist wraps, knee sleeves, oly shoes for squats, and wrestling shoes for bench and deads.  I also went shopping for foods and drinks for the day.  Alex recommended pancake/peanut butter sandwiches.  I didn't realize I bought a big box of pancake bites, so there are going to be a lot of tiny sandwiches.  Also have some gatorade for hydration and I picked up a new hoodie to keep warm.  My old one would make Belichik proud it's so nasty.  I'm going to cut up an old set of sweatpants so they can be removed with my shoes still on.  I didn't want to invest in track pants.

Weigh in Friday morning @ 11am.
Sounds like you're physically prepared.  Just the Mental prep and you'll smash PR's.  I'd also bring Bacon and or country sausage.  Protein, and fats, plus easy to digest.

That's awesome. Sounds like you've got a real solid plan for the comp. I can't wait to hear how you do.

Enjoy those tiny pb sandwiches.  ;D

You should have got an IS hoodie. I'm sure you can get one somewhere, no? lol
I have an IS hoodie. Unfortunately, I bought a Large, and not an XL.  It looks good on my Lady, though.

Good luck this weekend.  Try not to let your nerves get the best of you.  Keep updating during the day, and get a few vids.
Focus the nerves, use them to add strength.  Don't think about anything other than the Commands and the Bar you're holding. 

I think you've got it in you to break a 1000lbs.

Good Luck!  I'll be following this thread all day, to see updates!
Do not fear The Iron, for it does not care.
The Iron is Resolute in Purpose, Steadfast in Intent, Unwavering in Desire, and Immovable in Stature.
Unless acted upon by a Superior Force.
Squat: 545; Bench: 350; Deadlift: 610; Total: 1490

Offline BLK00TJ

« Reply #186 on: May 01, 2014, 10:18:35 AM »
Thanks everyone!  I'll try to keep everyone updated after each lift is completed.

Just now figured out how to find the hoodies on the Zazzle site.  I do have an IS shirt that I'll be wearing for the squats though.

Offline doughnutgut

« Reply #187 on: May 01, 2014, 12:06:20 PM »
Looking forward to you kicking serious ass mate and would of loved to cheer you on if it was not so bloody far away.

Give it hell man.

Offline taylor9569

• Height: 6`
  • Weight: 188lbs
« Reply #188 on: May 01, 2014, 04:04:08 PM »
Good luck for the comp  :thumbsup:
T.G.F.M.M. /  Thank God For Muscle Memory - Bando

Lee.

Offline rangerNY

• That rug really tied the room together
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 210 lbs
« Reply #189 on: May 02, 2014, 10:19:52 AM »
Kill it BLK!!!  Can't wait to hear how it all turns out.

- Drew

"Remember that guy that gave up?  Neither does anyone else."

Online Get-n-fit

• HEAVY WEIGHT IS A BITCH, MAKE IT YOURS!!
« Reply #190 on: May 02, 2014, 10:46:36 AM »
Good Luck this weekend!!! Destroy some PR's!
IG: Tourostrengthtraining
Lift light, until you can lift right
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Online Get-n-fit

« Reply #191 on: May 05, 2014, 11:42:02 AM »
Just sitting here, patiently waiting for comp results, la dee da ::)
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline BLK00TJ

« Reply #192 on: May 05, 2014, 11:44:35 AM »
Just sitting here, patiently waiting for comp results, la dee da ::)

http://www.iron-sanctuary.com/forums/index.php?topic=1741.0

I went 7 for 9 on my lifts for 340/240/370 and a 950 total.  I couldn't lock out 250 on bench and the 390 deadlift was bolted to the floor for me.  I had a blast.  videos of all but one lift is in the link up there ^.

Online Get-n-fit

« Reply #193 on: May 05, 2014, 02:35:34 PM »
I went 7 for 9 on my lifts for 340/240/370 and a 950 total.  I couldn't lock out 250 on bench and the 390 deadlift was bolted to the floor for me.  I had a blast.  videos of all but one lift is in the link up there ^.

D'oh, didn't realize that was your thread! Great job!! heading over there to check out the details.
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline BLK00TJ

« Reply #194 on: May 05, 2014, 02:46:08 PM »
96 days 'til competition

Man, what a weekend!  I really had a good time at my first powerlifting meet.  It will be the first of many for me.  The drive I had been taking to the gym knowing there was something on the line really fired up my workouts.  I didn't skip out on anything because I was tired or just didn't feel like going to the gym.  Yes, some workouts got postponed or the schedule shuffled around to fit my work/life schedule or injury, but every single one was completed and I gave them all 100% effort.  The encouragement I received from you guys, here on IS, was a great motivator for me as well.  I thank you all!

With another meet already scheduled, I have this past weekend's meet to ponder as well as the upcoming meet to fire me up as I continue to work towards my 1000 lb goal.  With 96 days to go, it'd be nice to get that goal knocked out with my openers in August. :D

I'm going to deload this week since my body is still feeling the effects from the meet.  I'm also going to go on a cut so volume will be cut way down until I am happy with my bodyfat percentage.  I'm going to shoot for 10% and evaluate things whether I want to reach a little deeper.  A lot will depend on how much I weigh at 10% too because I don't want to be stuck in the middle of my weight class in August.  I'd rather be on the heavy side or have a little water weight to shed to get to a lighter weight class.  I'd estimate I'm around 15-16% now feeling plump and looking it in my videos.  It's hard to tell because most of my fat is in my gut

On with the deload...
Cycle 3, Week 5 :o SQUAT DAY - deloaded
Weight:  176.8

Low-bar Box Squatz  First time for these so I figure deload would be a good place to start them.  Plus I just built that box yesterday and I love to play with new toys. 8)
   45x15x2
   95x10x2
   120x10x5

Stiff-legged Deadlifts
   95x12x5