Author Topic: MD State Prep  (Read 90314 times)

Online BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
Re: BLKs Training Journal
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2014, 04:49:17 PM »
I was thinking about the adrenaline rush the other day.  That'd be really cool if it helped me get to 1000lbs.  I wish there were powerlifters in my gym so they could do the commands for me.  I go through them in my head for squat and bench.  I figure deadlifts are a no brainer so I just pull and hold. 

I used the wraps so I could get more used to the weight just being on my shoulders.  The other thing I did today that was a first was I flipped the bar around so I wasn't looking in the mirror.  I was able to block out all the distractions in front of me from unracking to racking.  I just picked a point and concentrated thinking SQUAT, back, back back, back, UP.  Back makes me remember to sit back and not just thinking about the bar going lower.  All was well until some woman in tight leotards decided to put a bench 4' in front of my rack to do lying dumbbell tricep extensions.  She wasn't all that attractive, but she had a nice bottom half.  Just the right amount of plumpness and was right in line with the spot I was concentrating on :P

Offline Get-n-fit

• HEAVY WEIGHT IS A BITCH, MAKE IT YOURS!!
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2014, 04:59:22 PM »
  Just the right amount of plumpness and was right in line with the spot I was concentrating on :P

I like to think of it as a natural test booster  ;)

IG: Tourostrengthtraining
Lift light, until you can lift right
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Daniel0636

• Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 135lb
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2014, 05:18:01 PM »
Just the right amount of plumpness and was right in line with the spot I was concentrating on :P

Lol! this made made laugh  ;D

Squatting without a mirror sounds like I good idea. Something I should probably do myself because I find it weird atm...

Offline rangerNY

• That rug really tied the room together
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 210 lbs
« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2014, 08:55:24 PM »
I am loving this journal.  All kinds of good stuff going on.
- Drew

"Remember that guy that gave up?  Neither does anyone else."

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
  • OVER HERE GETTING FAT!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2014, 09:11:52 PM »
Moving some serious weights. You'll kill it at the comp.  8)
Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Online BLK00TJ

« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2014, 02:59:43 PM »
22 days 'til competition

Not much going on today.  I was scheduled to be off until next week, but still felt pretty fresh so I did some form work for deadlifts.  I played around with different feet positions and pre-lift hip-height.  I filmed them all and just finished looking at them.  They all seem pretty good, but I need to keep a mental checklist in mind because my head is all over the place from one lift to another.  I'm standing closer to the bar now and not squatting down as low.  I only worked up to a low 225 so I won't really know if the changes help or not until next deadlift day on Thursday.  I also wore my singlet for the first time.  I now know where that 10lbs I gained in the last few weeks went.  Right to my gut!

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2014, 05:07:44 PM »
Looked good. How does it feel to lift in the singlet?
Eric

DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Online BLK00TJ

« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2014, 05:40:55 PM »
How does it feel to lift in the singlet?
Like Borat. :o

Online BLK00TJ

« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2014, 09:04:35 PM »
Great.  I won't have anyone with me for my meet.  My wife comes back after a 2 week training thing for work the day before and wants to spend the time with the kids and my parents are going out of town that weekend.  I won't have anyone to do video for my first meet.

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2014, 07:30:41 AM »
Great.  I won't have anyone with me for my meet.  My wife comes back after a 2 week training thing for work the day before and wants to spend the time with the kids and my parents are going out of town that weekend.  I won't have anyone to do video for my first meet.

I wouldn't sweat the video part. I'm sure there will be more than enough IS folks there willing to help you.

And Borat??? Just NO.  :doh:
Eric

DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline AlexanderOmand

• Site Champion
  • Built Like Keg
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: Gaining....
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2014, 08:14:14 AM »
I wouldn't sweat the video part. I'm sure there will be more than enough IS folks there willing to help you.
How many are making the trip to cheer him on?  6 hours + is a long ass drive for me.

BLK they should post the roster in the next two weeks. Keep an eye on the RPS website and it'll give you a break down of whether you're a morning or evening lifter.

Keep your head about you at the Meet, the nice thing about going solo, is that you don't have to fret about anyone else.  The bad part, is that you're solo.

My first Meet, I didn't know anyone either.  No videos, but luckily a few photos showed up.
Do not fear The Iron, for it does not care.
The Iron is Resolute in Purpose, Steadfast in Intent, Unwavering in Desire, and Immovable in Stature.
Unless acted upon by a Superior Force.
Squat: 545; Bench: 350; Deadlift: 610; Total: 1490

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2014, 09:03:50 PM »
How many are making the trip to cheer him on?  6 hours + is a long ass drive for me.

BLK they should post the roster in the next two weeks. Keep an eye on the RPS website and it'll give you a break down of whether you're a morning or evening lifter.

Keep your head about you at the Meet, the nice thing about going solo, is that you don't have to fret about anyone else.  The bad part, is that you're solo.

My first Meet, I didn't know anyone either.  No videos, but luckily a few photos showed up.

My bad. I forgot this was a different meet than the August meet. Duh!!!! But I'm sure someone will still be willing to help with vids.
Eric

DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Online BLK00TJ

« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2014, 12:39:13 PM »
19 days 'til competition

Meh.  I wasn't quite feeling it today but I trudged through.  Today was supposed to be squat day, but wife is out of town and I have a kid off school for spring break.  So I did deadlifts on Monday for the second straight week at home.

Cycle 3, Week 2 (3/3/3 DEADLIFT DAY)
weight: No clue

Conventional Deadz
   Warmups:
   135 x 5
   135 x 5
   170 x 5
   205 x 3

Worksets:
   270 x 3
   285 x 3
   305 x 3 +5

Jokers:
   320 x 3
   335 x 1  :-\

BBB Sumo Deadlifts
   170 x 10
   170 x 10
   170 x 10
   170 x 10
   170 x 10

Tomorrow:  Bench Day

Online BLK00TJ

« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2014, 05:18:10 PM »
18 days 'til competition

Bench day postponed :banghead:
Was on my way to the gym and got a call from the wife saying one of the girls was sick so I had to pick the other up from daycare.  I was literally 5 minutes away.  I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a power rack sooner rather than later.

I'll try to get the benching in tomorrow, squats Thursday, press on Saturday.

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2014, 09:05:29 PM »
Happens. Extra day of rest never killed anyone.

Taking care of a sick kid also boosts test levels.  :)
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?