Author Topic: Dana's "Time For Bikini Season" Journal  (Read 43831 times)

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
Re: The New and Improved Nutter Butter
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2014, 12:37:08 PM »

I usually cook my meals each day but got to thinking this morning I should go ahead and cook twice a week. I can spare one day on weekends and then on Wednesday afternoons since I get off early from work that day. Will make it so much easier on me. Plus, I don't have to do a full week at once I can break it up! Figured I could do just my regular meats and package them so I can just grab them and they are already portioned out.

a lot of people do this. I've tried it and 4 day old chicken breast does not appeal to me. Now a huge batch of chili, frozen into individual containers works perfectly, also hard boiled eggs.

But where there's a will there's a way I guess.
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Offline Nuh

• Just Doin' Me
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 127
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2014, 01:08:55 PM »

a lot of people do this. I've tried it and 4 day old chicken breast does not appeal to me. Now a huge batch of chili, frozen into individual containers works perfectly, also hard boiled eggs.

But where there's a will there's a way I guess.

Yeah I was thinking if I do Saturday and Wednesday it would still be good to eat. I like the idea of freezing individual servings of like chilis and stews. Hadn't thought of that. Going to have to invest in some good storage containers.

When I fixed HB eggs the other day it was the first time in a long while. I put salt and pepper on them and a little mustard and dill relish. It was pretty good. I opened the container the next day and my son was pretending to gag. LOL! What made it worse... I chopped them up for tuna salad so then he was fake gagging when I opened the tuna!
Dana

HBE=Hen Baby Embryos

"Gonna be stupid...gotta be tuff" - Knothead

Offline Acrawlingchaos

• Skinny with abs
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 169
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2014, 05:15:07 PM »
I have a question for you. What is your relationship with the scale and weighing yourself?

Offline Nuh

• Just Doin' Me
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2014, 05:44:46 PM »
I have a question for you. What is your relationship with the scale and weighing yourself?

I rarely get on it. Usually every couple of months. I have been on it this week because I can tell my weight was fluctuating alot. I was curious what I went up to once I changed my eating this week. I look at it like this... as long as my ass still fits in my pants I don't concern myself too much with scale weight.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 05:46:46 PM by Nuh »
Dana

HBE=Hen Baby Embryos

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2014, 06:36:13 PM »
I chopped them up for tuna salad so then he was fake gagging when I opened the tuna!
I get teased for my tuna, but such little volume, so many protons
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Offline Acrawlingchaos

• Skinny with abs
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2014, 07:36:13 PM »

I rarely get on it. Usually every couple of months. I have been on it this week because I can tell my weight was fluctuating alot. I was curious what I went up to once I changed my eating this week. I look at it like this... as long as my ass still fits in my pants I don't concern myself too much with scale weight.
I want you to consider a new relationship with the scale. Many avoid it for a host of reasons, and it's unfortunate because it is a tremendous tool. If you are trying to lose fat, the scale needs to be moving down, and unless you are watching it, you never know if it will. If the scale isn't moving down... something is wrong... and we can address, otherwise it's a shot in the dark.

Develop a positive relationship with the scale. Learn to understand why your weight fluctuates, and what's going on. Also... stepping on the scale will help you see the lows. You could very easily hit a low on a Wednesday, and weigh yourself at a high and become frustrated. Both Val and I step on the scale in the morning, naked, after voiding but before eating or drinking anything. Sometime I step on the scale to see how much water I retain (which is something to many worry about) after a refeed or after a glass of water.

Offline Lola

• Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 160
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2014, 07:38:34 PM »
^^^ or after a salty day! It's good to know how much you can fluctuate under what circumstances.

Offline Whatanejit

• Height: 5' 4"
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2014, 07:44:14 PM »
Awesome journal with great advice.. IN!

:)

Offline Nuh

• Just Doin' Me
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2014, 08:22:27 PM »
ACC... when I use to weigh myself daily I could see a difference of 3 or more pounds sometimes. I assumed most of it was water weight. I don't mind weighing myself often these days. I won't flip out if I go up like I would have years ago.

I will make sure I weigh first think in the mornings. I never drink before my shower in the mornings so I will do it then to be consistent.

Dana

HBE=Hen Baby Embryos

Offline Acrawlingchaos

• Skinny with abs
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2014, 09:04:41 PM »
As long as you are extremely consistent with your counting, you will never have to wonder what's going on when the scale moves. Also, when you are consistent with your intake you will notice that your waking weight is going to be far more consistent.

Eventually, as we lower your calls, we will introduce refeeds. These will also serve as a learning tool to see how sharp increases in intake can spike your weight, and why they are not something to be worried about.

It's a tool... nothing more. Once you have all these tools running at the same time, the anxiety will ease.

NOTE: Digital scales that measure in .2 lbs increments are preferred.

Offline pratherian

• Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 207
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2014, 09:31:36 PM »
Hey lady, I am here to learn with you, cheer for you, and enjoy the journey! Acrawlingchaos, I salute you. People who offer to share knowledge with others in a positive way gives me hope for our species. You are awesome. IN to learn!

Offline Acrawlingchaos

• Skinny with abs
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2014, 09:33:59 PM »
Hey lady, I am here to learn with you, cheer for you, and enjoy the journey! Acrawlingchaos, I salute you. People who offer to share knowledge with others in a positive way gives me hope for our species. You are awesome. IN to learn!
If you need help tweaking your diet... or have any question, don't hesitate to ask. Just shoot me a message on either site. Will be more than happy to help (I hear you're currently dieting as well).

Will have to review your journal. Looking massive in the last pic I saw of you with your trainer. Great work.

Offline pratherian

• Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 207
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2014, 09:41:53 PM »
I really appreciate that , and I very well may take you up on it. I am currently doing the Get Swole program from BB.com and getting back in the groove after recovering from shoulder surgery last June. I am going to experiment for 3 more months and finish this program, then hit you up for a summer run.
Dana is one of my favorite people on this planet, and I am excited to see her working with you!

Offline Nuh

• Just Doin' Me
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2014, 09:12:40 AM »

Soooo much this! I am a lucky gal to have him help me. I cannot express enough how much I appreciate this ACC.

Well... weigh in this morning. 134.2

I am pleased to see that. On Tuesday I was 140.6 on the scale. Not to mention this is that TOTM & I usually hold a bit of water from that.

This week has been full of good things. First week of tracking, stopping smoking, journaling again. I am sure the not smoking plays a part in it but I feel absolutely wonderful. When I get up I am ready to hit the ground running & conquer my days!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Jan 24

Back & Shoulders

WG Lat Pulls

90 x 8
100 x 5
110 x 5 (x2)

Rev CG Lat Pulls

90 x 8
100 x 5
110 x 5 (x2)

Cable row

90 x 8
90 x 5
100 x 5
110 x 5

Low Pulley delt raise

30 x 10 (x4)
35 x 6

1 Arm Row

40 x 8
40 x 5 (x2)
50 x 5

Standing OHP

50 x 8
55 x 5
60 x 5
70 x 5

BB Upright Row

75 x 8
85 x 5
95 x 5
100 x 5

BW Pullups

BW x 21

Bang bangs

10lb x 6 full sets
12lb x 5 (barely)
10lb x 5

Nutrition

Cals     1690
Protein 147g
Fat       46g
Carbs   49g

Fats are under again. Got some nuts at the store to snack on which will hopefully bring that up a little.
Dana

HBE=Hen Baby Embryos

Offline doughnutgut

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2014, 09:21:24 AM »
Good things happening in here Dana.

Nice workout also.

Keep on truckin. ;)