Author Topic: Dana's "Time For Bikini Season" Journal  (Read 43830 times)

Offline Nuh

• Just Doin' Me
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 127
Re: The New and Improved Nutter Butter
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 03:29:47 PM »
No...

On stage.

I have thought about it and the lady who owns the gym was a competitive bodybuilder. She was awesome!!! She asked me if I ever thought about competing in the future and I told her I was not sure because of my scoliosis. When I try to do posing my back is not symetrical and my tilt just looks way more obvious than just standing. She wants me to come start posing and letting her help me to see if it is more my imagination and if it is something we can work through.

Sy2502 (on bb.com) has it as well and she is looking great in her photos now since she has been working on her posing.

And just to reference what I previously looked like at 125lb back last March.

LOL @ my ugly belly button. It has been tortured over the years! 2 surgeries where the incinsion is in my navel!  :o

Dana

HBE=Hen Baby Embryos

"Gonna be stupid...gotta be tuff" - Knothead

Offline doughnutgut

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 03:38:05 PM »
I think Lola needs to pop in and twist your arm.

Offline PVSampson

• Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 185 lb
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 05:11:25 PM »
Hey there Dana!   :D

Offline Nuh

• Just Doin' Me
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 05:20:43 PM »
Hey there Dana!   :D

Hey Pete!! Welcome!

And DNG... I am not saying it is out of the question ;) Definitely no time soon though. Got tons of work to do before I would consider.
Dana

HBE=Hen Baby Embryos

Offline Acrawlingchaos

• Skinny with abs
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 169
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 05:27:04 PM »
Nice to see you starting a journal and surviving the first few days of counting. I'm also very glad to see you pick up on the intermittent fasting and kicking the carb phobia.

The first week or two are the most difficult.... you're still learning. It won't take long before this becomes old hat. In the meantime, don't stress out if your intake is a bit high, or your macros are bit low. It can be difficult to kick a lot of bad dieting habits we have picked up a long the way. You are going through the process of "dialing in", and once you have it, jumping back to counting anytime you need it will be easy.

You're workouts are fairly high volume for a deficit, and I usually find smaller volume with more intensity better when cutting. It seems you are doing a lot of solid compounds, and think you would do well on a basic strength program (modified to your limitations).

Offline Nuh

• Just Doin' Me
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 05:46:37 PM »
Nice to see you starting a journal and surviving the first few days of counting. I'm also very glad to see you pick up on the intermittent fasting and kicking the carb phobia.

The first week or two are the most difficult.... you're still learning. It won't take long before this becomes old hat. In the meantime, don't stress out if your intake is a bit high, or your macros are bit low. It can be difficult to kick a lot of bad dieting habits we have picked up a long the way. You are going through the process of "dialing in", and once you have it, jumping back to counting anytime you need it will be easy.

You're workouts are fairly high volume for a deficit, and I usually find smaller volume with more intensity better when cutting. It seems you are doing a lot of solid compounds, and think you would do well on a basic strength program (modified to your limitations).

I usually don't have that much volume. I admit... it was a bit much. Like today for instance I did my first set at 8 then other 3 sets at 5. I am learning and I am all ears. Whatever I need to do in order to progress and not spin my wheels... give it to me! I am a good student  ;D

And the tracking has been pretty fun for me. As I said I realized my estimating of what I thought an ounce, 3 ounce or 6 ounces was way under!! So with me previously only "eyeballing" my protein intake was very, very off!
Dana

HBE=Hen Baby Embryos

Offline Lola

• Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 160
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 09:13:25 PM »
I weigh my protein ALWAYS to make sure I'm getting enough! Eyeballing always get's you under IME!

I still think 133 at your height is under weight regardless if you ghave fluff. If it were me, I'd focus on buidling first cause at that weight, you know what's under there.

I've been there - though - trust me. Before I had my second daughter I was hovering around the 115 mark & felt fat at 120. Looking back - I looked BAD! I had no ass, no arms, & you could see ribs.
I still had no abs - of course not cause abs are muscle! I had to build them!
Just food for thought...
Good luck.

Offline Nuh

• Just Doin' Me
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 10:27:48 AM »
Jan 21

Legs

BB Squats

90 x 8
110 x 5

Squat machine

140 x 5
180 x 5
190 x3

Leg press

120 x 8
120 x 5
140 x 4 (x2)

Donkey Calf raise

310 x 15 (x2)
330 x 15 (x2)

Walking Lunges

50 x 20 (x4)

Hamstring curls

70 x 8
75 x 5
80 x 5
85 x 3

Leg extension (single leg)

30 x 8
30 x 5
40 x 5 (x2)

This is normal workout for me during weekdays when I only have 45 minutes to an hour.

Nutrition

Cals     1604
Protein 145g
Fat       56g
Carb    118g

Had my mouth ready for chili last night but my fellas were extra hungry. I ended up eating a HUGE grilled chicken salad and even some cole slaw. Was good but good lord I was absolutely stuffed. I had some remaining cals but no way in hell I would have stuffed anything else in.

I think my stomach is finally adjusting to the changes. Between changing my diet and stopping my smoking all at the same time you would thing it would be stressful but I actually feel more at peace and in control of things. I even took an hour out of the evening to start on a new book. "The Third Twin" by Ken Follett. Only a few chapters in and different than what I have read in the past of his but interesting so far.

And I have stopped smoking  ;D
Dana

HBE=Hen Baby Embryos

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 10:31:46 AM »
I had some remaining cals but no way in hell I would have stuffed anything else in.

There are calories in certain beverages  ;)
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Offline Nuh

• Just Doin' Me
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2014, 10:36:10 AM »
I had some remaining cals but no way in hell I would have stuffed anything else in.

There are calories in certain beverages  ;)

I promise I could not have even squeezed that in. Before dinner maybe. I actually had my meal cals and stuff planned with the chili and would have been dead on but last minute change left me with a few! I actually thought this morning I need to keep a few in the fridge just in case I need to use a couple for calories  ;D
Dana

HBE=Hen Baby Embryos

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 10:38:11 AM »
How many calories are you going for? I know a guy that eats 6 cups of white rice before bed :o
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Offline Nuh

• Just Doin' Me
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 10:48:36 AM »
How many calories are you going for? I know a guy that eats 6 cups of white rice before bed :o

Good lord!!! I would explode with that much rice!!!

Starting goal is 1750.
Dana

HBE=Hen Baby Embryos

Offline Acrawlingchaos

• Skinny with abs
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 169
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2014, 05:08:54 PM »
Your numbers are nice and steady. Protein is a little on the high end, but fine. Just know you have room for more carbs if you need it.

Also work within a range. In other words, don't get caught up if you don't hit your numbers exactly. Keep your protein between 125 and 145 for example. Use a range for intake as well. Allow yourself to go low on days you can handle it, and to give yourself a bit more if you need it. So keep your calorie range 1600 - 1850. This will give you a little more control and make the experience less stressful.

I understand others have concerns about you losing weight, and can see why. I don't have health concerns with the drop, and am only concerned that you can make positive changes to your diet so that you learn to add mass appropriately afterwards.

As far as your program... yes, I would love to work on it a bit. Before I do that, could you link me to some of the journaling you've done in the past so I can learn a bit more about your history and limitations (IIRC, you did some group journaling).

I also want you to be way about advice you are given regarding diet. The general rule of thumb is to only take advice from a single source. This is not because I (or anyone else) thinks their process is superior, but because there are multiple paths and sometimes advice can be very conflicting.

Offline Nuh

• Just Doin' Me
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2014, 10:30:07 AM »
Your post makes me feel better and a little more easy with this ACC. I realize my protein tends to be higher and I think that is me still working on changing past eating habits. I would eat meals that consisted of meat and veggies. Which I love meat and it is my only source of protein other than an occassional protein bar. On that note... is it okay for me to maybe drink a protein shake in between meals so that I don't feel like I need to eat 9oz of meat at one meal?

I will PM you the link for past journaling but I will tell you it was alot of high volume and from a while back.

And you hit the nail on the head with one of my main reasons for doing what I am doing. The last time I tried to "bulk" I had no clue what I was doing and did not track or weigh anything. It turned into a "FULK" and I added pretty much nothing but fat. I want to be able to cut and bulk and feel confident that I know what I am doing and continue the process over time. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Jan 22

Chest and arms

Bench

50 x 8
60 x 5 (x2)
70 x 5
80 x 2

Incline Push Ups

BW x 20 (x4)

Rev Grip Tri Grip

30 x 8
40 x 5 (x3)

Preacher Curl

50 x 8
50 x 5
60 x 5
60 x 3

Cable Crossovers Chest Mid setting

40 x 10
40 x 8 (x2)
45 x 8

Ez-Curl

35 x 8
40 x 5 (x2)
45 x 5

Hammer curls

20 x 8
20 x 5 (x2)
25 x 5

21's ww BB

25 (x2)

Wrist curls
25 x 20
25 x 16
25 x 9

Cardio: 2 mile run on treadmill.

Nutrition

Cals     1640
Protein 141g
Fat       67g
Carbs   109g
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 10:17:20 AM by Nuh »
Dana

HBE=Hen Baby Embryos

Offline Nuh

• Just Doin' Me
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2014, 10:24:09 AM »
Jan 23

REST DAY!

Not really a rest day. Had some soreness in my legs from last workout so decided to go hop on treadmill for a quick run to stretch my legs a bit.

40 mins total on treadmill. Just over 3.5 miles.

Nutrition

Cals      1760
Protein  134g
Fat        40g
Carbs    109g

I usually cook my meals each day but got to thinking this morning I should go ahead and cook twice a week. I can spare one day on weekends and then on Wednesday afternoons since I get off early from work that day. Will make it so much easier on me. Plus, I don't have to do a full week at once I can break it up! Figured I could do just my regular meats and package them so I can just grab them and they are already portioned out.
Dana

HBE=Hen Baby Embryos