Author Topic: Kind of funny..  (Read 1479 times)

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
Kind of funny..
« on: May 05, 2013, 08:36:03 PM »
Induced Drag has one of the best builds, if not THE best in our community.

His method? Lift heavier and heavier weights. Pretty fucking simple.

ID's method, and his persona is always under attack. My first trainer was a BB'er who said "I'll train you for strength or bodybuilding, but you can't do both."

Lulz
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Online FLEX

• Administrator
  • Elite Poster
  • B. M. O. C.
  • Height: 5' 10.5"
  • Weight: 270+
Re: Kind of funny..
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 08:48:41 PM »
I train for strength and if I drank less beer I'd have an admirable physique too.

There's no question lifting heavy over time builds muscle mass.
Powerlifting Meet Bests:

2018.04.28:  620 Squat, 345 Bench, 615 Dead   |  1580 Total
2017.04.29:  610 Squat, 325 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1535 Total
2016.04.22:  600 Squat, 330 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1530 Total
2015.08.09:  600 Squat, 320 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1520 Total

Online TMonkey

• Global Moderator
  • bje me.
    • Monkey Boards
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 09:47:10 PM »
I don't get it what else is there - more reps?

you want a I-S shirt.  They have sales all the time, get one then.
http://www.zazzle.com/222university*

Offline deerslayer

• Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 228
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 10:39:07 AM »

ID's method, and his persona is always under attack. My first trainer was a BB'er who said "I'll train you for strength or bodybuilding, but you can't do both."

Lulz
This is kinda why I am just accepting my physique the way it is now and just gonna keep trying to go heavier and heavier!
You may be a beast, But I'm a fucking animal!

You must show no mercy.....nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you..... for your greatness will silence them all-
"The Ultimate Warrior"

Proving people wrong is something I do on a daily basis-
"Mark Bell"

Offline Marius

• User Title
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 193 Pounds
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 02:22:01 PM »
I know. ID's physique and strength are both impressive as hell.

I think there's just a dogma about how many reps you HAVE to lift to build big muscles.
TMonkey is one Bad Ass Mother Fucker.

Online BigDaddy

• BigDaddy is in the house
  • Height: 6'6"
  • Weight: 255
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 02:32:55 PM »
I know. ID's physique and strength are both impressive as hell.

I think there's just a dogma about how many reps you HAVE to lift to build big muscles.

I agree.  Most people think there is one right way to do something and everything else is wrong.  Happens in all areas of life, not just weight lifting.

"If you want something you have never had, you must be willing to do something you have never done."

"Donít tell me what you canít do ó you donít know what you canít do. What you think you canít do is only what you wonít do."

Online induced_drag

• Global Moderator
  • Height: 69
  • Weight: 195
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 03:49:16 PM »

Lulz

Flattering comments.   I appreciate it.   While I do consider myself fairly strong, I do not think my physique is one of the best.   Not to go too deep, but I just dont have a desirable frame to be a good bodybuilder.  (Wide waisted, poor pec insertion give me no outer sweep, high attachments on calves and hamstrings....etc).   I get by because I have managed to pack a decent amount of muscle on my frame...but there are guy with a lot less that look a lot better in my opinion.  OK enough about that.

With regard to training methods.....I do agree there are all different types.   But it is hard to argue that lifting heaver and heavier over time is not only the simplest, but most effective methods.    Look at the physiques of the original bodybuilders in the pre-steroid era.   They ALL were strong as hell.   This change in training philosophy came about with the influx of AAS into bodybuilding.  Pump yourself with enough hormones, and yes, you can get bigger doing sets of 20 with 50% of your max.   You will get bigger chasing a pump no doubt.   I think people took so much crap, they lost sight of what really is responsible for making the body grow.  (plus it sold magazines)

But I still believe that best quality gains come from progressive overload.  (EVEN on AAS).  And dont forget, eating at a slight surplus.   Dont forget the second part!  In my opinion, it is just as important as the first.

I train for strength and if I drank less beer I'd have an admirable physique too.

There's no question lifting heavy over time builds muscle mass.

Flex, there is little doubt to your mass and where it comes from.   I agree and there is little doubt with just a good intensive cut, you could walk right on any stage and place very well in any bodybuilding comp.   No doubt in my mind.    But I do respect your choices.   If you dont desire to do that.....dont do it.   You seem very happy having your current balance.   Hard to argue with that!.    Nothing but respect.