Author Topic: 2015 Mid-Atlantic State Championships and Military Nationals  (Read 12850 times)

Online itsagoodday

• Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 164
Re: 2015 Mid-Atlantic State Championships and Military Nationals
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2015, 08:19:29 PM »
Introduce yourself to more people.  Surprisingly, people can be quite helpful at these Meets.  Go back through the roster, and see if there are names you recognize.  Now, if you were on facebook, you'll cross paths with a lot more people, as RPS does a lot through their facebook page. ;)

Heh, yeah I'm not on facebook.  I'm such an anti-social social networker  ;D  I do recognize some names on the roster, just nobody I know terribly well.  They are a nice group though, not worried about it.

Yah, it's the Rochester meet.  We've got 117 people lifting on a meet with a 90 person limit for some reason ;D  I think John was originally supposed to be there, but I don't see his friend on the roster so I have no idea.  Unless I'm not remembering his friend's name correctly, which is possible.

Sorry BLK, totally hijacking your thread  :)

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 08:53:00 PM »

Yah, it's the Rochester meet.  We've got 117 people lifting on a meet with a 90 person limit for some reason ;D  I think John was originally supposed to be there, but I don't see his friend on the roster so I have no idea.  Unless I'm not remembering his friend's name correctly, which is possible.

It's cleaner if when we think of entering a meet, we create a thread about that meet, seems to work pretty well. I wish this had gotten on my radar a lot sooner, I would have put it on my calendar and enjoyed coming out to support.
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Offline BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 09:13:47 PM »
Question for you.  I timed myself today on all my sets for wrapping my knees, putting on elbow sleeves, wrist wraps, and belt.  It takes me about 2:30 to do all that so considering nerves the day of the meet I'd guess 2:45.  How soon should I begin wrapping?  In the hole or 4 out?
I start wrapping when I'm in the hole.  Remember, you have a whole minute to get on the platform, and most times, Ame doesn't start the clock until she's pissed that no one is responding.  So you've got plenty of time.  Just remember to keep you head clear and calm as you wrap.  If you move to quick, the wrap will fly out of your hand and you'll panic, and be rushed.

Sad part is of the two friends I made at that meet last year, one didn't register and the other is in the PM session.  I'm in the AM session.
I know those feels too.  Not sure who the heck is going to be at my meet, it doesn't look like some of the the people I thought would be there are going this time.  I know a couple of people coming out to watch in the afternoon, a friend and two bodybuilder gym buddies, but I think they may miss me completely since I'm in the morning and they can't come out any earlier lol.   :S
Introduce yourself to more people.  Surprisingly, people can be quite helpful at these Meets.  Go back through the roster, and see if there are names you recognize.  Now, if you were on facebook, you'll cross paths with a lot more people, as RPS does a lot through their facebook page. ;)

Thanks DA.  I stopped rolling my wraps up and do them like Flex does now.  I can get much, much, tighter that way.  I have a black bruise on the back of my calf from today's squatting.  I think half of the battle with learning to squat in wraps is pain tolerance.  Last week I felt like my calf was getting cut in half and today I didn't feel any discomfort until I was done.

I don't recognize any other names on the roster and don't do facebook.  I hear of too much drama from friends and family on there to want anything to do with it.

No worries.  It keeps my thread alive.  :D

And how can you forget Bacon? :crazy:

Online itsagoodday

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2015, 10:33:44 PM »
I tried using my knee wraps once over the winter. It was great, I failed twice as fast and as an added bonus, I was in pain.  May have to try those again another time.   ;D

And how can you forget Bacon? :crazy:

Ha!  No I didn't forget Bacon, nobody can forget that.  John was going to be there to help out a friend of his that was competing, I think he was planning on only doing the August meet himself.

Offline BLK00TJ

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2015, 07:40:03 PM »
I submitted my openers today.  385, 245, 350.  I weighed 182.4 this morning but I haven't cut off the water yet.  I'm about sick of water right now drinking close to 2g a day and not being able to sleep through the night without having to piss all the time.  I'm sure that'll change on Thursday when I get my last taste of it until weigh in.  I can't wait to pig out on Friday.

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
  • OVER HERE GETTING FAT!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2015, 07:04:33 AM »
Can't wait to hear how you do Ron.

Best of luck. I'm sure you'll kill it.  8)
Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline BLK00TJ

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2015, 06:21:30 PM »
Thanks, Eric.  I'll try to post up in between lifts if I can.  1RM is supposed to come and help out one of his team members so I'll get to meet up with him.

I weighed in at 182.4 again this morning.  Still guzzling water and supplementing potassium, calcium, and magnesium.  I've already gone over 2g today and will probably end up over 2.5g today.  It seems like the more I drink, the thirstier I get.  Weird.  I have some dandelion root in case I'm over tomorrow night, but I don't think I'll need it.

Sleep has been pretty good for me this week.  Sunday night sucked as usual but ever since I've gotten about 8 or more hours.  Monday sucked from both lack of sleep and I also cut out caffeine until meet day.  Since Monday I've been better.  I drank so much coffee per day that it doesn't have the same effect anymore.  I'm hoping to re-sensitize myself to it for meet day.

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
  • OVER HERE GETTING FAT!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 07:06:25 AM »
Sounds like you've got a real solid plan going into the meet.

I don't drink a lot of coffee but I'm not sure it does much for me. I can drink Espresso and then feel like I wanna take a nap afterwards. :dunno:
Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Online AlexanderOmand

• Site Champion
  • Built Like Keg
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: Gaining....
There's two tricks I've used to cut significant weight in short order.

One is Blazing hot baths.  Even though you're submerged in water, you still sweat. Due to being entirely enveloped in the hot water, your body releases so much more water in a shorter time.  good for 3-4lbs in an hour.

The other is Magnesium Citrate.  8 ounces the night before, and make sure you're within 30 feet of a toilet for most of the day.  I'll hit that on a Wednesday night, spending Thursday racing to the toilet.  Then weighing in on Friday morning.  Usually good for another 3-4lbs.

Looking forward to posts from you on Saturday.  Epic Food pics after the weigh-in, as well.
Do not fear The Iron, for it does not care.
The Iron is Resolute in Purpose, Steadfast in Intent, Unwavering in Desire, and Immovable in Stature.
Unless acted upon by a Superior Force.
Squat: 545; Bench: 350; Deadlift: 610; Total: 1490

Online FLEX

• Administrator
  • Elite Poster
  • B. M. O. C.
  • Height: 5' 10.5"
  • Weight: 270+
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2015, 11:02:59 AM »
Go kick some ass on Saturday Ron.

Looking forward to epic lifts/vids.
Powerlifting Meet Bests:

2018.04.28:  620 Squat, 345 Bench, 615 Dead   |  1580 Total
2017.04.29:  610 Squat, 325 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1535 Total
2016.04.22:  600 Squat, 330 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1530 Total
2015.08.09:  600 Squat, 320 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1520 Total

Offline Trev71

• This space intentionally left blank
    • YouTube
  • Height: 5'10.5"
  • Weight: 230
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2015, 11:33:45 AM »
I submitted my openers today.  385, 245, 350.  I weighed 182.4 this morning but I haven't cut off the water yet.  I'm about sick of water right now drinking close to 2g a day and not being able to sleep through the night without having to piss all the time.  I'm sure that'll change on Thursday when I get my last taste of it until weigh in.  I can't wait to pig out on Friday.

Solid..

Looking forward to recap, vids, seeing the numbers etc...

Offline BLK00TJ

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2015, 06:23:24 PM »
Thanks guys. 181.2 right now so I should be good to go. I stopped by the grocery store and got Gatorade, pancakes, bacon,  and hard pretzels for right after weigh in. Taking the wife and kids out to our favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner. Pics will be taken. :D

Online itsagoodday

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2015, 09:12:49 PM »
Best of luck!  You sound prepared, you're going to do great!   8)

Online John

• Site Champion
  • Height: 73
  • Weight: 215
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2015, 11:26:35 PM »
Good luck this weekend!
1 set, 1 rep, 1 pound at a time

☻/
/▌ Bm2Bm crew (---Bench Moar to Bench Moar---)
/ \

Offline BLK00TJ

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2015, 10:58:46 AM »
Thanks!

I weighed in at 181.6 with clothes on.  Ame said that was within the range so I didn't need to get nekkid for her to make the 181 cutoff.  I weighed myself with and without clothes when I got home and calculated I was wearing 2.8lbs of clothes.  So my "real" weight was 179.8lbs.   On the way home I drank a 2 serving size of protein powder, 3 12 oz Gatorades, 5 packs of mini-chocolate chip pancakes, a quest bar, and a couple of hard pretzels.  I'm stuffed now and sipping in more Gatorade.