Author Topic: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting  (Read 45425 times)

Offline Merkley

• Coffee is my personal Jesus
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: Depends on the shit I took this morning
Re: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting
« Reply #1050 on: November 04, 2017, 07:08:29 AM »
Morning Everyone and happy Saturday.

I haven't trained over the past few weeks now. Things at work have been quite all over the place, which has been making it literally impossible to train during the designated times the gym is open for powerlifting. Also it hasn't helped during my hiatus I have managed to get a light chest cold, tweaked my back at work, then right after pinched something in my trap that has made all things in life a challenge. It literally feels like I have a steel rod driven though my trap and into my chest. I cannot move my head properly, arm, bend, lay down....this has been by far one of the more debilitating injuries I have had to deal with.

Sad thing is I'm very certain I did this in my sleep, FML.

Hell as I write this I have a heating pad on my trap, been stretching to get things a little more mobile, and I have taken aleve.

Good chance I might be heading for an emergency visit to my massage therapist since I cannot seem to work this out on my own.

In any case, hope you all have a great day and a wonderful weekend!

Cheers!

“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

• Coffee is my personal Jesus
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: Depends on the shit I took this morning
« Reply #1051 on: November 08, 2017, 06:41:00 AM »
Morning Everyone!

Quick update, work is full retard, still no gym, still injured.

My previous gym that went belly up has new ownership. I'm currently in talks with the new owners about returning....providing I can get a discounted rate for being fucked over by the last owner.

I know how to play the system, lol.

I have zero issues where I train now, actually I love it for the most part. But I cannot seem to make it for the scheduled times for training due to my work schedule being what it is right now and I cannot afford to play the "I don't work late, blah, blah, blah" card. I say this not from a financial perspective but rather there are things at play where I work....kind of a get it done at all costs or else situations.

Anyways, that is all.
“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Online piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 189
« Reply #1052 on: November 08, 2017, 07:38:47 AM »
Hang tough Ronn. Sounds like you have a lot going on. Hopefully you can find some time to relax a bit soon.
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr