Author Topic: Restored my faith in humanity  (Read 200 times)

Online induced_drag

• Global Moderator
  • Height: 69
  • Weight: 195
Restored my faith in humanity
« on: March 28, 2017, 09:38:13 PM »
So I go to the gym on Monday and in the locker room am putting my bag in a locker.  (my new gym does not allow bags on the floor).

Looking in, I grab my headphones, water bottle and my phone and look for my versa gripps.   No where to be found.   I start going through the pockets, past the wraps I have not used in over a year ;) and they are no where.

Disappointed....I start going through where I used them last.   I remembered I pulled them out on friday and was doing some shrugs.   I have been talking more lately and figured I just must have left them.   Bummed out, (and knowing I was going to have to drop another $60 on a pair) I set off to workout.

Before I did, I made a detour for the front desk.   I got up there and said.  " I know this is a long shot....but any chance someone turned in a pair of black versa grip pro's (with no name written on them) on friday.?"   I had not even turned to leave and the guy opened the drawer and handed them to me.

I NEVER would have thought they would be there.   I was happy for sure and lesson learned.   Wish I knew who turned them in....I really appreciated it!

Online FLEX

• Administrator
  • Elite Poster
  • B. M. O. C.
  • Height: 5' 10.5"
  • Weight: 270+
Re: Restored my faith in humanity
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 09:40:09 PM »
Nice.

Powerlifting Meet Bests:

2017.04.29:  610 Squat, 325 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1535 Total
2016.04.22:  600 Squat, 330 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1530 Total
2015.08.09:  600 Squat, 320 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1520 Total

Join the Ranks!  http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/yearly-rankings

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 176
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 10:21:55 PM »
Nice. Lost a pair of wrist wraps and a little tub of chalk awhile back to someone who had a "finder's keepers loser's weepers" mentality.

One time years back I went in to do cardio and instead of putting my backpack in my locker I left it on the floor of the locker room. That morning I had went to the bank and gotten cash to make an offer on a car, and the money was sitting in an envelope in the backpack.

Heart skipped a beat when I got back into the locker room and saw my backpack on the floor, but the envelope was still there.
cash me on the platform, how bow dah?

"Everyday you rest I get stronger"
-Krohdaddi
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129376541&p=584228943&viewfull=1#post584228943

Online sakustoms

• Veteran
  • FEELING "LESS" FATCKED!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 07:13:10 AM »
Had this happen a few months ago at my gym. I left my ipod with ear buds on the locker room bench when I left. I didn't realize it till I got back to work. I called the gym right away and the girl at the counter said someone turned it in. I was actually shocked.
Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline tobymax

• Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 169
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 10:33:10 AM »
It's always an unexpected relief when something like that happens, even when it's just a $60 pair of versa gripps.

I lost my VG's in the gym just a couple of months after I had bought them.  Not in the lost & found, not in any of the bins or cabinets that hold misc small pieces of equipment in the weightlifting area.  So no big deal, I ordered new ones and had them within 3 or 4 days, and this time I kept better track of them.  Then over a year later I was digging through a plastic bin between the two squat racks trying to find some bb clips, and there were my old versa gripps.  So now I have two pairs.

PRs:
OHP 140 - 8/27/15
BP 245 - 4/7/17
DL 345 - 8/26/15
Squat - ugh
Leg Press 670x2 - 12/10/15

Online FLEX

• Administrator
  • Elite Poster
  • B. M. O. C.
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 10:40:28 AM »
Nice. Lost a pair of wrist wraps and a little tub of chalk awhile back to someone who had a "finder's keepers loser's weepers" mentality.

Same.  Not a big deal but wtf? Is it that hard to turn them in to the front desk or throw them in the L&F bin?

Years ago (1994-ish) I was at work and had my gym bag in my Corvette and it was a nice day so I had the T-tops off.  Someone stole it.

Was just a cheap nylon bag with shoes and some crappy lifting gear.  Could never figure out what someone would want it badly enough for to go into someone's car and steal it.
Powerlifting Meet Bests:

Offline itsagoodday

• Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 164
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 10:53:04 AM »
It's definitely good to know there are still people who will do the right thing!   A month ago I was at the grocery store and my phone slid out of my coat pocket.  I noticed it missing when I was at checkout, and had only looked at it a few minutes earlier.  I stopped at the customer service desk and said "I think I just dropped my phone in the store in the last few minutes!" and they handed it to me.  The first person to see it on the floor must have run it over to customer service right away. 

Online Get-n-fit

• HEAVY WEIGHT IS A BITCH, MAKE IT YOURS!!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 11:20:48 AM »

Same.  Not a big deal but wtf? Is it that hard to turn them in to the front desk or throw them in the L&F bin?

Years ago (1994-ish) I was at work and had my gym bag in my Corvette and it was a nice day so I had the T-tops off.  Someone stole it.

Was just a cheap nylon bag with shoes and some crappy lifting gear.  Could never figure out what someone would want it badly enough for to go into someone's car and steal it.

It was probably just a snatch and run, probably hoping they got luck and got something valuable.

My buddy had his car broken into recently and they stole his gym bag filled with all his gear....very expensive gear, multiply suits and what not.  Fairly smelly and of no value to anyone else, it really only fucked him over and he was out a ton of money for all the equipment.  Sad thing is once they realized what they had it probably ended up in a dumpster.
Lift light, until you can lift right
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Online FLEX

• Administrator
  • Elite Poster
  • B. M. O. C.
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 11:55:57 AM »
It was probably just a snatch and run, probably hoping they got luck and got something valuable.

Sad thing is once they realized what they had it probably ended up in a dumpster.

Exactly my thoughts when it happened to me so  I walked around and checked all the dumpsters in the complex.  Nada.
Powerlifting Meet Bests:

Online sakustoms

• Veteran
  • FEELING "LESS" FATCKED!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 01:09:42 PM »

Had the same type of thing happen. I was at work at night and it was dark out. My car was parked on the side of the building under a light. I had a crappy gym bag on my passenger seat. When I came out at like 9pm to leave my passenger window was broken and my "worthless" bag was gone.
Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275