Author Topic: Shawn's Gonna Get on Dat Platform!!  (Read 33183 times)

Offline Get-n-fit

• HEAVY WEIGHT IS A BITCH, MAKE IT YOURS!!
Re: Shawn's Gonna Get on Dat Platform!!
« Reply #1080 on: June 15, 2017, 02:56:24 PM »
Nice work
I have no idea what some of it means, lol.
Lift light, until you can lift right
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 183
« Reply #1081 on: June 15, 2017, 06:41:16 PM »
Zombie bro and conditioning
Waking Weight after brief post nightshift sleep: 185.8

Had to get up at 11am for school family day picnic, 2 hours sleep if that
Head was a spacey mess so hit the gym for a whatever day. Pretty sore from my upper and lower workouts so bro'd it up:

5 rounds of:
Wide pull-ups / Arnold presses 50lb DB / seated calf machine 120lbs / olybar curls

10/10/14/14
10/10/14/14
10/10/14/14
10/10/14/14
10/10/14/14

1 leg donkey calf raise continuous back and forth
10/10/10/10/10

Dreadmill 30 min running intervals at incline, increasing run speed every 2 min interval

Dun

Lower tomorrow after some actual sleep
☻/
/▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
/ \

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #1082 on: June 15, 2017, 06:44:04 PM »
Nice work
I have no idea what some of it means, lol.
Haha thanks Brad, don't think I know a lot of it means either. I'll be back to a powerlifting normal looking program in the fall. Just trying to keep busy as I get lean and lose all my strength.
☻/
/ \

Online BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #1083 on: June 15, 2017, 07:45:03 PM »
That strength will come back fast.  How low ya going?

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #1084 on: June 15, 2017, 08:55:07 PM »
Ya it will for sure. This is my 6th time doing a deep cut like this and I gain a bit more strength every year doing this. I will for sure be in the 170's to get as lean as I want to go, how low will depend on how much muscle I actually built after a hard year of training and surplus. For sure in the 170's though
☻/
/ \

Online Andrew

• Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 217
« Reply #1085 on: June 15, 2017, 11:08:42 PM »
nice bro stuff. You are really putting in the work. my workouts have been low energy lately. I need some better stimulants...lol
☻/
/ \
Gains weight on diet

Online piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 189
« Reply #1086 on: June 16, 2017, 09:08:43 AM »
Ya it will for sure. This is my 6th time doing a deep cut like this and I gain a bit more strength every year doing this. I will for sure be in the 170's to get as lean as I want to go, how low will depend on how much muscle I actually built after a hard year of training and surplus. For sure in the 170's though

Seems like you're dropping weight fast? Aren't you a little worried about losing too much muscle mass?
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #1087 on: June 16, 2017, 09:52:07 AM »
nice bro stuff. You are really putting in the work. my workouts have been low energy lately. I need some better stimulants...lol
I had zero energy yesterday but plowed through. I do have a good pre that helps then good ol coffee! Going to hit lower today then head to the lake this afternoon which will have me on a few days off anyway

Seems like you're dropping weight fast? Aren't you a little worried about losing too much muscle mass?
Great question and very valid. I am deliberately dropping fast and yes will probably lose some mass in the process. I have always cut aggressively in the past and always make up my losses is size and strength very quickly once back in a surplus. Not saying I do it right and would have a better result dropping 1-2lbs a week over time for sure. I had about 35 ish lbs I want to drop and am very impatient lol. If this was my first time doing this I would be more worried but being my 6th time I know nothing is ever permanent and I can still get ahead every year using these methods.
I don't plan to get well into the 200's again and next year will eat my way into the 198 class as opposed to water cutting down.
☻/
/ \

Online piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
« Reply #1088 on: June 16, 2017, 12:36:46 PM »
I had zero energy yesterday but plowed through. I do have a good pre that helps then good ol coffee! Going to hit lower today then head to the lake this afternoon which will have me on a few days off anyway

Great question and very valid. I am deliberately dropping fast and yes will probably lose some mass in the process. I have always cut aggressively in the past and always make up my losses is size and strength very quickly once back in a surplus. Not saying I do it right and would have a better result dropping 1-2lbs a week over time for sure. I had about 35 ish lbs I want to drop and am very impatient lol. If this was my first time doing this I would be more worried but being my 6th time I know nothing is ever permanent and I can still get ahead every year using these methods.
I don't plan to get well into the 200's again and next year will eat my way into the 198 class as opposed to water cutting down.

Ah, okay.
While I have high and low cal days I rarely, except the first week, drop more than 1 - 1 1/2lbs a week. I don't like being that hangry nor am I a big vegetable person so volume eating to fill me up doesn't happen.
Funny though, it looks like we are both heading to around the same weight (170's somewhere) and are close to the same weight right now. Think I'm about 2lbs heavier than you if you're at 185. I don't expect to hit 180 or close until the end of July. Figure Aug will see me in the upper 170's.
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #1089 on: June 16, 2017, 01:59:01 PM »
Lower
Morning Weight: 185.6

Hip circle monster walks and side steps

PMT rack pulls hole 5 standing on plates
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 3
495 x 3
Program Sets:
545 x 5
545 x 5

Baby makers x 5

Tempo paused squats 3/2/2
Bar x 6
135 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 3
275 x 3
275 x 3
225 x 5

Belt squats:
85 x 6
85 x 6
85 x 6
85 x 6

Deads:
135 x 3
225 x 2
315 x 1
405 x 3
405 x 3

Dun:

Notes: feeling pretty tight going in, rack pulls were heavy but no problems with reps. Trying tempo squats again working on a couple cues. 275 was heavy enough, chit is hard. Belt squats to work the quads and some quick light deads to grease da groove.
Gone fishing! Happy Father's Day to all my hard working friends!!
☻/
/ \

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #1090 on: June 16, 2017, 02:01:35 PM »

Ah, okay.
While I have high and low cal days I rarely, except the first week, drop more than 1 - 1 1/2lbs a week. I don't like being that hangry nor am I a big vegetable person so volume eating to fill me up doesn't happen.
Funny though, it looks like we are both heading to around the same weight (170's somewhere) and are close to the same weight right now. Think I'm about 2lbs heavier than you if you're at 185. I don't expect to hit 180 or close until the end of July. Figure Aug will see me in the upper 170's.
Ya I want to hit the 170's by July 1st  ::) I guess you have to look at how far I take it as well. Not many people care to get as lean as I get. I love being all veiny and gross haha
☻/
/ \

Offline Merkley

• Coffee is my personal Jesus
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: Depends on the shit I took this morning
« Reply #1091 on: June 19, 2017, 09:21:30 PM »
Ya I want to hit the 170's by July 1st  ::) I guess you have to look at how far I take it as well. Not many people care to get as lean as I get. I love being all veiny and gross haha

Man I cannot wait to get back to that point....It's been too long, I miss it.   :'(
“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #1092 on: June 21, 2017, 02:45:57 PM »
Upper
Morning Weight: 183.8

Warmup:
Hip circle side steps and monster walks
Glute bridges x 16

PMT rack pull program, hole 4, down another inch.
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 3
495 x 2
Program Sets:
545 x 5
545 x 5 vid

Landmine narrow rows SS with CGBP:
50lbs x 6/bar x 10 of CGBP/ultra wide/comp
100 x 5/135 x 5
120 x 5/185 x 5
140 x 5/225 x 5
160 x 5/240 x 3 vid
170 x 5/235 x 3
170 x 5/235 x 3
170 x 5/235 x 3

Giant sets: weighted pull-ups/incline BB bench/BB rollout:

BW x 5/bar x 10/8
+50 x 5/135 x 5/8
+50 x 5/185 x 5/8
+50 x 5/205 x 3/8
+50 x 6/205 x 3/8 vid
+50 x 5/205 x 3/8

side laterels SS with DB curls 25lbs:
10/10
10/10
10/10

Sauna and cold shower

Dun:

Notes: back to work, 4 days off again due to the lake and work. Scale coming down nicely and starting to like what I see in the mirror.

Rack pull program is moving slow, it's supposed to be 6 weeks but with the tiny increments I am moving the bar down it will probably take around 10, if I even make it. They are damn tough and the bar is still really high. I will reduce the reps to 4 next week (as per program) when I drop the bar a bit more.

The rest was good, happy with what I did today, low expectations will do that to ya
Nightshift the next 2 nights but will try to get a lower in tomorrow after I wake up.

☻/
/ \

Offline Get-n-fit

• HEAVY WEIGHT IS A BITCH, MAKE IT YOURS!!
« Reply #1093 on: June 21, 2017, 03:45:58 PM »
great work and vids shawn, looks like a lot of volume. 
Lift light, until you can lift right
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Online piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
« Reply #1094 on: June 21, 2017, 03:49:04 PM »
^^ x2. Shitton of volume and impressive as all get out with calorie restriction going on  :o
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr