Author Topic: John's Journal <insert catchy line here>  (Read 11227 times)

Offline Andrew

• Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 217
Re: John's Journal <insert catchy line here>
« Reply #345 on: January 29, 2017, 04:58:39 PM »
classic! nice moves there. you are having too much fun for being on a diet. Still hitting the heavy singles with ease, i see!
☻/
/▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
/ \
Gains weight on diet

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 183
« Reply #346 on: January 29, 2017, 11:45:59 PM »
Impressive rug cutting, rhythm on point, transitions smooth and seemless, graceful like a gazelle.
Oh ya, bench was ok as well 8)
☻/
/ \

Offline Merkley

• Coffee is my personal Jesus
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: Depends on the shit I took this morning
« Reply #347 on: February 19, 2017, 08:25:03 PM »
Ummmm, hello? where is all the action?
“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Online John

• Site Champion
  • Height: 73
  • Weight: 215
« Reply #348 on: February 20, 2017, 08:01:22 PM »

LOL. Im still killing it where I can. Actually the diet is going well while the lifts stay stagnant. Have a lot of lbs to drop and I get grumpy in the process. 18lbs dropped so far!
1 set, 1 rep, 1 pound at a time

☻/
/ \

Online piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 189
« Reply #349 on: May 12, 2017, 11:46:55 AM »

LOL. Im still killing it where I can. Actually the diet is going well while the lifts stay stagnant. Have a lot of lbs to drop and I get grumpy in the process. 18lbs dropped so far!

John, saw on BB that you're really dropping down in weight and shooting for 190? What's the lowest weight you've been as an adult?
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Online BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: a fat 190-sumfin
« Reply #350 on: May 12, 2017, 05:29:33 PM »
What weight class are you dropping to?  Please don't say 181.

Online John

• Site Champion
« Reply #351 on: May 12, 2017, 05:39:18 PM »

John, saw on BB that you're really dropping down in weight and shooting for 190? What's the lowest weight you've been as an adult?

Lowest was 202.4 in April 2013. That was right after my dad died from an accident and I was back in Florida for 6 weeks wrapping things up and dealing with my mom. Since then I've been down in the 2-teens a few times but as an adult Ive never seen the 100's so new territory coming up.

What weight class are you dropping to?  Please don't say 181.

LOL can you imagine? Im 6'1 and although Id probably still be fat I'd be skinny fat. ;D

☻/
/ \

Online piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
« Reply #352 on: May 12, 2017, 06:36:44 PM »
Been interesting to see how you feel at a lower weight then you've been at.
Get on the Cmoore train of low weight, massive strength!
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Online piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
« Reply #353 on: May 14, 2017, 03:26:25 PM »
So, are you doing the 2 days 800 cals like before or every day cal deficit? Just curious. I tried the 800 for 2 days then maintenance the other days and found I did better with steady deficit each day.
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Online John

• Site Champion
« Reply #354 on: May 14, 2017, 05:43:34 PM »
So, are you doing the 2 days 800 cals like before or every day cal deficit? Just curious. I tried the 800 for 2 days then maintenance the other days and found I did better with steady deficit each day.

Not really. I've been running my diet in 2 weeks blocks. Every two weeks I have a cheat day where I just eat whatever I want and don't track the next day ( which is today for me ) I eat 1200 cals, then the following day I eat 1600, and then I resume my 2100-2300 daily until the next cheat day. This way I have something to look forward to every two weeks and can be somewhat normal, going out to dinner, taking my kids for icecream, ordering pizza ect. Ive been using this the entire time and so far no issues. In June I'm going to go 3 weeks before a cheat day to eek out a an extra pound or so. Weight loss is getting a bit harder now that Im down to 210 so I'll have to be a little more careful from now until 190 im guessing.

☻/
/ \

Online piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
« Reply #355 on: May 15, 2017, 11:51:14 AM »

Not really. I've been running my diet in 2 weeks blocks. Every two weeks I have a cheat day where I just eat whatever I want and don't track the next day ( which is today for me ) I eat 1200 cals, then the following day I eat 1600, and then I resume my 2100-2300 daily until the next cheat day. This way I have something to look forward to every two weeks and can be somewhat normal, going out to dinner, taking my kids for icecream, ordering pizza ect. Ive been using this the entire time and so far no issues. In June I'm going to go 3 weeks before a cheat day to eek out a an extra pound or so. Weight loss is getting a bit harder now that Im down to 210 so I'll have to be a little more careful from now until 190 im guessing.

Yeah, hear you on that.
Last time I dropped a lot of weight it seemed to take 3 weeks to drop 1.5 lbs. The closer I got to 180 the longer the time point. I think the last 4 pounds took around 3 months  >:(  You joke about being skinny fat but at that point I WAS skinny fat. That was almost all treadmill and elliptical work and hardly any lifting. I looked like crap. Hoping I look better this time around.
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Online BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: a fat 190-sumfin
« Reply #356 on: May 15, 2017, 08:46:46 PM »
How are your lifts doing on this diet?  Regardless, I bet they explode back up when you get on a surplus.

Online John

• Site Champion
« Reply #357 on: May 22, 2017, 09:55:28 AM »
How are your lifts doing on this diet?  Regardless, I bet they explode back up when you get on a surplus.

Id say down about 15% on my one rep maxes. Where I've lost the most is deadlifts. Im also down reps :( Prior to dieting I hit 315x9 on bench. Now id be lucky to hit 3. It is to be expected though and Ive added in other things I wasn't doing much of before. So they are all PRs :) SSB PR of 385 so theres that I guess  :P

☻/
/ \