Author Topic: Great Vid  (Read 946 times)

Online Get-n-fit

• HEAVY WEIGHT IS A BITCH, MAKE IT YOURS!!
Great Vid
« on: May 27, 2015, 03:27:40 PM »
A very different vid of a calmer CT Fletcher and Mark Bell with some great info.

The sound sucks, for some reason each voice is split recorded into one side only, it's annoying with headphones.
Lift light, until you can lift right
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Online FLEX

• Administrator
  • Elite Poster
  • B. M. O. C.
  • Height: 5' 10.5"
  • Weight: 270+
Re: Great Vid
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 06:39:03 PM »
Will check out later...
Powerlifting Meet Bests:

2017.04.29:  610 Squat, 325 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1535 Total
2016.04.22:  600 Squat, 330 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1530 Total
2015.08.09:  600 Squat, 320 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1520 Total

Join the Ranks!  http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/yearly-rankings

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 176
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 10:39:24 PM »
52 minutes? Really?

I saw him at the Arnold last year, he was actually pretty chill. "Da Hulk" was also wandering around, also approachable. The year before the lines were a mile long for these guys.

Maybe it's just me but if I want to hear a guy talking about the sport I want it to be Dorian, Arnold, Jay or Ronnie. These sideshow freaks are all fine and dandy but really I wanted a couple minutes to talk with Layne Norton.

If I wanna hear talk, I'll listen to Layne, if I wanna get pumped. I'll watch CT
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Offline piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 189
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 07:55:33 AM »
I thought the video was good.
Was an interesting tale of what the guy went through plus some random chat that held my attention (and I normally don't care for his videos).

Eating 4 big macs, 4 fries, two apple pies and a strawberry milkshake for lunch back in his PL days? And that was just lunch?  :o

Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Online Get-n-fit

• HEAVY WEIGHT IS A BITCH, MAKE IT YOURS!!
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 08:54:35 AM »
52 minutes? Really?

I saw him at the Arnold last year, he was actually pretty chill. "Da Hulk" was also wandering around, also approachable. The year before the lines were a mile long for these guys.

Maybe it's just me but if I want to hear a guy talking about the sport I want it to be Dorian, Arnold, Jay or Ronnie. These sideshow freaks are all fine and dandy but really I wanted a couple minutes to talk with Layne Norton.

If I wanna hear talk, I'll listen to Layne, if I wanna get pumped. I'll watch CT

I get what you're saying, CT's become a sideshow freak, however at one time he was a big time power lifter and world record holder.  This video shows a calmer , more realistic side of him as he talks about his past experiences and issues.  Majority of his lifting vids of him screaming and cussing is all part of the CT Fletcher Character he's created, much like actors on TV.  I ran into him a few weeks ago at the Orlando Europa and in person he was truly a down to earth, real nice guy and showed real love and humility for his fans. When his set signing times in his booth were over he still had a long line waiting for him and he walked down the line taking pics and signing stuff for all his fans.
Lift light, until you can lift right
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline LisaSkinnoble

• Mr Flexy's Happy Protégé
  • Height: 5'6"
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 12:07:43 PM »
Good vid!  I thought he came across as very likeable.  Funny too!
Last meet lifts:  245/125/285
April 2017:  235/130/255

"You know, there's nothing damnable about being a strong woman. The world needs strong women." — Ginger Rogers

“Don’t go bacon my heart! I couldn’t if I fried…”

Offline cmoore

• Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 180
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 09:20:53 PM »
gave it 5 minutes. sorry. couldn't do it
"Of all the things I lost during my cut, I miss my mind the most." -cmoore

Offline Huntforfun

• GFX Vault - Forum
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 156
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 08:01:07 AM »
please dont get mad at me, but who is this guy? haha... I really like what he had to say after 40 mins in. The beginning, I found him an ass, but he proved to be wise and sounded intellectual and comical at the end, great vid good knowledge.
I intend to tell fate its my turn to take the reigns.