Author Topic: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting  (Read 41465 times)

Online Merkley

• Coffee is my personal Jesus
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: Depends on the shit I took this morning
Re: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting
« Reply #930 on: June 07, 2017, 07:06:09 AM »
good idea keeping it.  You don't want to lose those adaptations you worked so hard for.

Exactly. It took me a good month or so to get used to METCON training. To simply stop just because I hit a certain goal I think would be a terrible idea.

The name of the game isn't just powerlifting anymore. I want diversity and be a functional human being! Being strong is awesome, I don't dispute, but being out of shape sucks.

Right now I'm beginning to feel so much better, I have less aches and pains, my recovery time is amazing compared to what it was a few months ago, and it really shakes things up!
“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Online John

• Site Champion
  • Height: 73
  • Weight: 215
« Reply #931 on: June 07, 2017, 07:58:31 AM »
good idea keeping it.  You don't want to lose those adaptations you worked so hard for.

Exactly. It took me a good month or so to get used to METCON training. To simply stop just because I hit a certain goal I think would be a terrible idea.

The name of the game isn't just powerlifting anymore. I want diversity and be a functional human being! Being strong is awesome, I don't dispute, but being out of shape sucks.

Right now I'm beginning to feel so much better, I have less aches and pains, my recovery time is amazing compared to what it was a few months ago, and it really shakes things up!

Pretty much how I feel now. Ya great I was stronger last year but now at 206 heading into the 190s I look way better and feel much better.

Keep on keeping on Ron. Love the Metcon stuff!
1 set, 1 rep, 1 pound at a time

☻/
/▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
/ \

Online Merkley

« Reply #932 on: June 07, 2017, 08:50:52 PM »
Deads

Barx10
135x3
225x20
225x20
225x20

Shit workout
“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Online piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 189
« Reply #933 on: June 08, 2017, 07:43:45 AM »
Man, that's a lot of DL reps!
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Online Merkley

« Reply #934 on: June 10, 2017, 10:48:29 PM »
Man, that's a lot of DL reps!

Yup, and they all sucked!
 – Socrates

Online Merkley

« Reply #935 on: June 10, 2017, 10:54:34 PM »
Today was Squatties!

Barx10
 135x10
 165x20
 170x20
 190x20

These squats were being done SLOOOOOOWWWW! It was all about good timing, breathing, perfect form, and time under tension. My main concentration was making sure I didn't bottom hard into the hole and kept my right knee in a constantly good position.

It was all a success in my opinion, I'm beginning to enjoy squatting again. Been far too long....

Right now my bench and squats are on the move and for the better...

Deads, suck the proverbial tit.
 – Socrates

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 183
« Reply #936 on: June 11, 2017, 07:53:20 AM »
Solid work, 20 rep squats and deads are no joke!
☻/
/ \

Online Merkley

« Reply #937 on: June 12, 2017, 08:33:05 PM »
Solid work, 20 rep squats and deads are no joke!

Thanks!
 – Socrates

Online Merkley

« Reply #938 on: June 12, 2017, 08:34:28 PM »
Dem der Benchies

Barx12
 135x12
 185x12
 205x12
 215x12

100 Push ups

~Fin~
 – Socrates

Online Merkley

« Reply #939 on: June 12, 2017, 08:38:37 PM »

Pretty much how I feel now. Ya great I was stronger last year but now at 206 heading into the 190s I look way better and feel much better.

By the way John your looking AWESOME! Keep up the solid work! Hard to believe we are close to the same weight and yet you completely out mass my fat ass!  8)
 – Socrates

Online Merkley

« Reply #940 on: June 12, 2017, 08:39:33 PM »
Failed to mention I'm around the 208 lbs area.
 – Socrates

Online John

• Site Champion
  • Height: 73
  • Weight: 215
« Reply #941 on: June 12, 2017, 10:15:54 PM »

By the way John your looking AWESOME! Keep up the solid work! Hard to believe we are close to the same weight and yet you completely out mass my fat ass!  8)

Thanks man. Have about 15lb or so more to go and maybe then Ill try to lift something heavy  8) 204 right  now.
1 set, 1 rep, 1 pound at a time

☻/
/ \

Online piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 189
« Reply #942 on: June 13, 2017, 07:26:44 AM »
Dem der Benchies

Barx12
 135x12
 185x12
 205x12
 215x12

100 Push ups

~Fin~

Nice Merk!
Are you having to break the push ups into groups or getting all 100 done at once? If you're getting all done at once after sets of high reps bench  :bowdown:
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Online Merkley

« Reply #943 on: June 13, 2017, 07:50:29 PM »
Dem der Benchies

Barx12
 135x12
 185x12
 205x12
 215x12

100 Push ups

~Fin~

Nice Merk!
Are you having to break the push ups into groups or getting all 100 done at once? If you're getting all done at once after sets of high reps bench  :bowdown:

Those are broken up I'm afraid. I tend to split them into speed sets of 10-20.
 – Socrates

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 183
« Reply #944 on: June 13, 2017, 09:13:58 PM »
Kicking ass on the weight loss! Great shed for only 5 weeks!
☻/
/ \