Author Topic: Iron Sanctuary official cutting thread  (Read 29898 times)

Online kimm4

• Comfort zone? There isn't one.
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 127 lbs
Re: Iron Sanctuary official cutting thread
« Reply #540 on: March 03, 2016, 10:37:22 PM »
If you're at little to no carbs no, you're probably already in Keto, it only takes about 3 days of extremely low carbs, high protein/fats to get into keto.   Keto is basically, giving your body no choice but to burn it's existing fat reserves instead of any new carbs you'd provide I.  Once you're in Keto, you will know bc your piss will have a very strong horrid smell to it.  Your sweat and breath will also stink.   

Online def from http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/180858.php:
In normal circumstances, the body's cells use glucose as their main form of energy. Glucose is typically derived from dietary carbohydrates, including sugar and starchy foods such as bread and pasta which the body breaks down into simple sugars. Glucose can either be used to fuel the body or stored in the liver and muscles as glycogen.1

If there is not enough glucose available to meet energy demands, the body will adopt an alternative strategy in order to meet those demands. Specifically, the body begins to break down fat stores to provide glucose from triglycerides. Ketones are a by-product of this process.

Ketones are acids that build up in the blood and are eliminated in urine. In small amounts, they serve to indicate that the body is breaking down fat, but high levels of ketones can poison the body, leading to a process called ketoacidosis.2

Ketosis describes the metabolic state whereby the body converts fat stores into energy, releasing ketones in the process.3

thanks alot this explains so much. its so weird I have the same strength but i feel tired, he said thats what would happen though. I like cannot wait for my cheats!

Im almost done though 4th quarter....

Feeling tired is normal when following a keto diet.  Keto is a personal preference and nothing more.  I've never been a fan of keto dieting and I like my carbs, especially when dieting down for shows. :)

Good luck to you!
"Normal is an illusion.  What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." - Morticia Addams

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 178
« Reply #541 on: March 03, 2016, 11:44:22 PM »
DerAlta coached me through my weight loss to make weight for last weekend's competition, incorporating keto. On Thursday (weigh in Friday) I could have no carbs, I couldn't find much to eat but went to a place and ordered an omelet, just the meats please. Came out with a heaping side of homefries and thick buttery toast  :'(

Scooped all but the eggs into the compost bin. Made weight.

I think it's a good short term solution, but I've long been a fan of complex carbs as soon as you wake up.
cash me on the platform, how bow dah?

"Everyday you rest I get stronger"
-Krohdaddi
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129376541&p=584228943&viewfull=1#post584228943

Offline Huntforfun

• GFX Vault - Forum
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 156
« Reply #542 on: March 04, 2016, 04:01:24 AM »
Yeah I would much rather have some carbs than none at all. I literally live off olive oi,l peanutbutter, fish, eggs, and shakes at the moment....

But its my first show so I kind of put the reigns in my trainers hand in terms of dieting.

Next time with more experience and education on nutrition ill try it different.

But after this show I plan to bulk for a good minute and really add some mass
I intend to tell fate its my turn to take the reigns.

Online induced_drag

• Global Moderator
  • Height: 69
  • Weight: 195
« Reply #543 on: March 04, 2016, 08:44:52 AM »
I spent over two years of my life on a CKD diet in my 20's.  (A keto diet with targeted influx of carbs).    It was for me the best diet I have ever had as far as natural progress goes.  (the ability to get and stay lean while getting bigger and stronger).   But it was too much mentally and very difficult diet to maintain a "regular" life.

I now know that I can achieve the same or very similar results eating a more "normal" diet and without food restrictions.   Follow your coach for the prep and then start learning and experimenting with nutrition on your own. 

FOOD is in my opinion the most powerful tool you have at your disposal on how you look.   To me, it even trumps "reps and sets" or whatever programming you might be running.   You have tons of time....learn to use food to eat for your goals.

Good luck.   You are doing GREAT!

Offline Huntforfun

• GFX Vault - Forum
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 156
« Reply #544 on: March 04, 2016, 12:30:50 PM »
I spent over two years of my life on a CKD diet in my 20's.  (A keto diet with targeted influx of carbs).    It was for me the best diet I have ever had as far as natural progress goes.  (the ability to get and stay lean while getting bigger and stronger).   But it was too much mentally and very difficult diet to maintain a "regular" life.

I now know that I can achieve the same or very similar results eating a more "normal" diet and without food restrictions.   Follow your coach for the prep and then start learning and experimenting with nutrition on your own. 

FOOD is in my opinion the most powerful tool you have at your disposal on how you look.   To me, it even trumps "reps and sets" or whatever programming you might be running.   You have tons of time....learn to use food to eat for your goals.

Good luck.   You are doing GREAT!

thanks for the support bro. like they say, sometimes its 70 diet 30 gym

thats great reassurance to know i can have similar growth results with a more normal diet; definitely sucks when the boys want a burger and I have to get chicken at the hawaiin bbq joint next door
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:32:43 PM by Huntforfun »
I intend to tell fate its my turn to take the reigns.