Author Topic: Some food for thought....  (Read 841 times)

Offline djflex

• Hey, you gonna finish that sandwich ?
  • Height: 5 6
  • Weight: Pleasantly plump
Some food for thought....
« on: January 06, 2017, 06:05:48 PM »
Cant remember where I saw this , but saved it for here ages ago. I know I'm often guilty of being judge mental at times. Its just human nature I guess...

Carrots may be good for your eyes,
But booze will double your vision

Offline djflex

Re: Some food for thought....
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 06:08:31 PM »
The one about the guy who's wife died really was one to make me think.

Anyways , thought you guys would think a decent read...

Offline LisaSkinnoble

• Mr Flexy's Happy Protégé
  • Height: 5'6"
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 06:21:44 PM »
I always figure everybody's got something going on - everybody is dealing with or coping with something in life. 

And then some people are just plain miserable.

But I try to give most the benefit of the doubt. :)
Last meet lifts:  245/125/285
April 2017:  235/130/255

"You know, there's nothing damnable about being a strong woman. The world needs strong women." — Ginger Rogers

“Don’t go bacon my heart! I couldn’t if I fried…”

Offline djflex

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 06:23:57 PM »
I always figure everybody's got something going on - everybody is dealing with or coping with something in life. 

And then some people are just plain miserable.

But I try to give most the benefit of the doubt. :)

Seems like a positive way to look at things Lisa.
I myself often find I should keep a more open mind at times

Online Greg

• Striving to survive
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 226
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 06:49:22 PM »

We have a guy in his 80's who is at the gym just about everyday, its how he deals with life and interacts with people after his wife died. He's a good guy and seems lonely and it sucks at times because he will talk about his wife and he doesn't get nuts but he always starts to cry just a bit and its hard to deal with. But I always talk to him if he wants to.

Have a friend on FB who used to post on BB...don't recall his name there but Bando may know as I think he is friends with him as well. Anyways his wife was diagnosed with cancer a few months back and its a grim situation but he is doing far better than I ever would. Breaks your heart knowing what he is dealing with and you wish there was something you can do.

Offline djflex

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 06:54:24 PM »

We have a guy in his 80's who is at the gym just about everyday, its how he deals with life and interacts with people after his wife died. He's a good guy and seems lonely and it sucks at times because he will talk about his wife and he doesn't get nuts but he always starts to cry just a bit and its hard to deal with. But I always talk to him if he wants to.

Have a friend on FB who used to post on BB...don't recall his name there but Bando may know as I think he is friends with him as well. Anyways his wife was diagnosed with cancer a few months back and its a grim situation but he is doing far better than I ever would. Breaks your heart knowing what he is dealing with and you wish there was something you can do.

I guess it's a lonely world out there sometimes. Im gonna always keep that in mind

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 176
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 10:57:58 AM »

Bergstrong. Nice guy, been e-freinds for almost 10 years, yes - heartbreaking.  :'(
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Online Greg

• Striving to survive
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 04:31:56 PM »

Bergstrong. Nice guy, been e-freinds for almost 10 years, yes - heartbreaking.  :'(

Thats not his BB name is it?
Anyways yes heartbreaking is all you can say.

Offline djflex

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 05:25:20 PM »

Was he the guy who was a retired teacher? He was a really nice poster, very sorry for his troubles. Sad indeed

Online Greg

• Striving to survive
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 05:39:05 PM »

Was he the guy who was a retired teacher? He was a really nice poster, very sorry for his troubles. Sad indeed

I believe has is or at least was still teaching. His wife and he did a Viking tourboat vacation last yr thru Europe, saw Budapest and other great cities. Shortly after returning is when things spiraled downward quickly.

Online Dave

• Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 187
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 07:51:49 AM »
Are you guys talking about bergmuscle?   Think his name is Dan?  Sounds like him anyway. I followed his journal a fair bit and he would post in mine whenever he was around.  That's really too bad.  I was wondering what happened to him.  He's a really nice guy!
☻/
/▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
/ \

Spring supremacy 2017 - 275, 235, 430 - 940 total

Online Greg

• Striving to survive
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 08:56:49 AM »
Are you guys talking about bergmuscle?   Think his name is Dan?  Sounds like him anyway. I followed his journal a fair bit and he would post in mine whenever he was around.  That's really too bad.  I was wondering what happened to him.  He's a really nice guy!

Thats his BB name, he isn't retired and is a good guy. Gotta wonder why all the shitty stuff happens to good people.

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 176
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 09:19:41 AM »

Thats his BB name, he isn't retired and is a good guy. Gotta wonder why all the shitty stuff happens to good people.

Glad he has the support of his church.
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?