Author Topic: Snatch grip deadlift  (Read 616 times)

Online Get-n-fit

• HEAVY WEIGHT IS A BITCH, MAKE IT YOURS!!
Snatch grip deadlift
« on: February 17, 2016, 02:26:14 PM »
If you don't do these, or have never tried, I would HIGHLY recommend you do.  I don't think these would be a substitute for DL's, maybe an alternative if you can't DL without back pain.  I came across these and they are a GREAT full back exercise, it hits everything from about mid back to your traps and out to your lats, pretty much everything except lower back.  I believe the reason for this is the starting position, you've really got to squat all the way down to begin the movement in order to get proper hand grip position. This is the first time I've attempted them so I didn't push myself too hard (and it was at the tail end of my workout) This is my first set at 225, I did another 3 sets of 5 afterwards.  I'll definitely add these as a staple to my back day, and we'll see where the weights take me.  ;)

Lift light, until you can lift right
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Squatzilla

• Every Day is Squat Day
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 181
Re: Snatch grip deadlift
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 08:31:54 PM »
When I did Maximum Strength in 2012, snatch grip deads were apart of the program. I still remember how sore my glutes and traps were the day after. I could barely walk.

Current 340/180/380
Goal 365/185/405
First Meet: 160kg/70kg/185kg Wilks: 370

bb.com username:Partyrocking

Online Get-n-fit

• HEAVY WEIGHT IS A BITCH, MAKE IT YOURS!!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 09:33:51 PM »
I don't recognize your name....Welcome! !! 
I can't wait to add some weight to the bar and try more next week
Lift light, until you can lift right
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Online itsagoodday

• Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 164
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 09:39:19 PM »
Totally agreed!  I started doing these about six weeks ago and really like them.  Since I can't do conventional deadlifts heavy twice a week anymore without having recovery issues, I use these on my second deadlift day instead.  Really, really like how they hit my upper and middle back.  They actually remind me a bit of wide grip pull-ups in terms of how they hit my back, but maybe that's just me.